Hurt/Heal 2021 - Ultimate Headliners Edition!

Hugh Jass

The Killers – 121

The Cure - 130

Radiohead - 200

Arcade Fire - 110 (-10)

The Rolling Stones - 170

Beyoncé -115 

Stevie Wonder - 176

Blur - 221 

R.E.M. - 190 

David Bowie - 260

Pulp - 107

— 

I personally don’t think their headline set is top 10 worthy

The Killers – 121

The Cure - 130

Radiohead - 200

Arcade Fire - 100 (-10)

The Rolling Stones - 170

Beyoncé -115 

Stevie Wonder - 176

Blur - 221 

R.E.M. - 190 

David Bowie - 260

Pulp - 107

Edited: Myself and Matthew posted at the same time.

Edited by Hugh Jass

6 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I wasn't there so I'm pretty curious: what was wrong with it? Watched the concert a lot on YT and it genuinely feels like a triumph. They played all the big ones. Excellent crowd too. 

Nothing much, I thought it was pretty good- but didn’t think there was any take your breath away moments in it. Just more that we’re at the business end of the tournament now and I don’t feel they’re in that top tier.

3 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I wasn't there so I'm pretty curious: what was wrong with it? Watched the concert a lot on YT and it genuinely feels like a triumph. They played all the big ones. Excellent crowd too. 

I absolutely loved it, but then I was a pretty huge fan at the time so it was a dream come true for them to be headlining. 

In the scheme of all time greats, maybe it isn’t one of the best, and there a few cringe moments - Flashbulb Eyes killing some momentum as the second song, the cringey pre-encore bobblehead karaoke section - but overall for a fan of the band I can’t think of much more you’d want, and for non-fans I thought they put on a really fun show.

But then you look at the rest of who’s left on our list - Killers included, who apparently nailed it - and I understand why AF are the weaker link.

5 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

They played the big hitters and put on a good show but I dunno... something about it felt... just ok. 

Whether it was me expecting something truly special or some odd setlist choices (Flashbulb Eyes second!!!) it just never quite took off for me.

The Killers - 91 

The Cure - 130

Radiohead - 190

Arcade Fire - 90 

The Rolling Stones - 170

Beyoncé -115 

Stevie Wonder - 176

Blur - 221 

R.E.M. - 200+10

David Bowie - 260

Pulp - 107

Surprised at the level of support for The Killers - first 2 albums decent, law of diminishing returns since then IMO (much more so than Arcade Fire, who still supply 2-3 absolute bangers per album) and live it's only half of the original line up now.

Edited by Mellotr0n
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

Surprised at the level of support for The Killers - first 2 albums decent, law of diminishing returns since then IMO (much more so than Arcade Fire, who still supply 2-3 absolute bangers per album) and live it's only half of the original line up now.

You obviously didn’t see their headline set last time.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

You obviously didn’t see their headline set last time.

I'm (mostly) not judging it on headline sets...as we're not...meant to... 😄

I've just been whooshed haven't I....

Edited by Mellotr0n