Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Andy's at London Stadium on Sat and Sun! So that's him over to Friday.

Gonna spread bets a bit here. I can see one of Fender or Wolf Alice being on Pyramid. I also, deep down, query if Robyn gets an automatic return to sub so will have a flutter on Haim subbing, as I'm still unconvinced they'll be high on El Pointo.

Friday: Queens Of The Stone Age // Sam Fender or Wolf Alice // Anderson .Paak // Supergrass

Saturday: Pet Shop Boys // AJ Tracey // Aitch // Anne-Marie

Sunday: Dua Lipa // Haim or Robyn // Glass Animals // Blossoms & Rick Astley

Selling out arena's now. She would be no lower than sub or 3rd on Pyramid

Friday:

Billie, Lorde, Wolf Alice

QOTSA, Sam Fender, AJ Tracey, Blossoms

Saturday

Macca, NGHFB, HAIM, Aerosmith

Dua Lipa, IDLES, Supergrass, 

Sunday:

Kendrick Lemar, Royal Blood, Crowded House, Diana Ross, 

PSB, Robyn, Mabel, Anderson Paak

Im questioning myself on Lorde but I reckon she was booked as a replacement for LDR.

59 minutes ago, sisco said:

Friday:

Billie, Lorde, Wolf Alice

QOTSA, Sam Fender, AJ Tracey, Blossoms

Saturday

Macca, NGHFB, HAIM, Aerosmith

Dua Lipa, IDLES, Supergrass, 

Sunday:

Kendrick Lemar, Royal Blood, Crowded House, Diana Ross, 

PSB, Robyn, Mabel, Anderson Paak

Im questioning myself on Lorde but I reckon she was booked as a replacement for LDR.

Lorde lower

Blossoms 1 higher imo

Haim in there splits it up

IDLES aren't playing 3rd

Crowded House will be lower

I'd stick Sam Fender where Idles are and bump the other Friday one's up one

here u go

Py: Billie Eilish, Foals, Lorde, Michael Kiwanuka, Crowded House, Arlo Parks, Rufus Wainwright
OS: Queens of the Stone Age, Wolf Alice, Jess Glynne, Anderson Paak, Courtney Barnett, Sleaford Mods, Yungblud, The Libertines
WH: Bicep, Thundercat, Kelis, Brittany Howard, Nubya Garcia, Richard Dawson, Hannah Peel, Catrin Finch & Seckou Keita
JP: Supergrass, Nothing But Thieves, Modest Mouse, Jessie Ware, Beabadoobee, The Lathums, The Murder Capital, The Big Moon, Chubby and the Gang
Pa: St. Vincent, John Grant, JARV IS, *Ed Sheeran*, Tirzah, Baxter Dury, Dry Cleaning, Lump, Phoebe Green

Py: Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher's HFB, AJ Tracey, Sigrid, *Aerosmith*, Candi Staton, "the ballet"
OS: Dua Lipa, London Grammar, Blossoms, Idles, Becky Hill, Anna Calvi, Sports Team, Nadine Shah
WH: Kano, Celeste, Tom Misch & Yussef Dayes, Danny Brown, Gilberto Gil & Family, Greentea Peng, KOKOKO!, Los Bitchos
JP: Glass Animals, FKA twigs, Aitch, Rina Sawayama, *Kasabian*, Pa Salieu, Holly Humberstone, Wet Leg, ETC winner
Pa: Manic Street Preachers, Django Django, Khruangbin, Orlando Weeks, Black Country New Road, Confidence Man, The Orielles, Katy J Pearson, The Golden Dregs

Py: Kendrick Lamar, Haim, Elbow, Diana Ross, Little Simz, Herbie Hancock, local brass band
OS: Pet Shop Boys, Sam Fender, Run the Jewels, Mabel, Inhaler, The Staves, Hinds, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes
WH: Chaka Khan, TLC, Snarky Puppy, Seun Kuti & Egypt 80, Ibibio Sound Machine, Altin Gun, Earthgang, Sarathy Korwar
JP: Charli XCX, Fontaines DC, Phoebe Bridgers, KSI, Griff, Poppy, Sea Girls, Alfie Templeman, Porridge Radio
Pa: Damon Albarn, Big Thief, Shame, Tinariwen, Sampa the Great, Squid, Self Esteem, Girl Ray, CMAT

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

here u go

Py: Billie Eilish, Foals, Lorde, Michael Kiwanuka, Crowded House, Arlo Parks, Rufus Wainwright
OS: Queens of the Stone Age, Wolf Alice, Jess Glynne, Anderson Paak, Courtney Barnett, Sleaford Mods, Yungblud, The Libertines
WH: Bicep, Thundercat, Kelis, Brittany Howard, Nubya Garcia, Richard Dawson, Hannah Peel, Catrin Finch & Seckou Keita
JP: Supergrass, Nothing But Thieves, Modest Mouse, Jessie Ware, Beabadoobee, The Lathums, The Murder Capital, The Big Moon, Chubby and the Gang
Pa: St. Vincent, John Grant, JARV IS, *Ed Sheeran*, Tirzah, Baxter Dury, Dry Cleaning, Lump, Phoebe Green

Py: Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher's HFB, AJ Tracey, Sigrid, *Aerosmith*, Candi Staton, "the ballet"
OS: Dua Lipa, London Grammar, Blossoms, Idles, Becky Hill, Anna Calvi, Sports Team, Nadine Shah
WH: Kano, Celeste, Tom Misch & Yussef Dayes, Danny Brown, Gilberto Gil & Family, Greentea Peng, KOKOKO!, Los Bitchos
JP: Glass Animals, FKA twigs, Aitch, Rina Sawayama, *Kasabian*, Pa Salieu, Holly Humberstone, Wet Leg, ETC winner
Pa: Manic Street Preachers, Django Django, Khruangbin, Orlando Weeks, Black Country New Road, Confidence Man, The Orielles, Katy J Pearson, The Golden Dregs

Py: Kendrick Lamar, Haim, Elbow, Diana Ross, Little Simz, Herbie Hancock, local brass band
OS: Pet Shop Boys, Sam Fender, Run the Jewels, Mabel, Inhaler, The Staves, Hinds, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes
WH: Chaka Khan, TLC, Snarky Puppy, Seun Kuti & Egypt 80, Ibibio Sound Machine, Altin Gun, Earthgang, Sarathy Korwar
JP: Charli XCX, Fontaines DC, Phoebe Bridgers, KSI, Griff, Poppy, Sea Girls, Alfie Templeman, Porridge Radio
Pa: Damon Albarn, Big Thief, Shame, Tinariwen, Sampa the Great, Squid, Self Esteem, Girl Ray, CMAT

Oh god of all the people you could add into that other stage you chose Jess Glynne? She’s not exactly got the best reputation with festivals at the moment. 

I personally feel like the lineup is a bit weirdly placed and some people extraordinarily overbilled. Foals won’t come back to sub again.

I love how I got shot down for suggesting Adele could play a surprise set - but Ed Sheeran playing one is completely ok?

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I love how I got shot down for suggesting Adele could play a surprise set - but Ed Sheeran playing one is completely ok?

Adele rarely plays festivals or shows at all. You suggested she'd come back and play one slot lower than last time as a special guest.

Ed Sheeran has played secret sets at a bunch of festivals throughout his career, including Latitude a couple of years ago. If they're willing to have him, he's one of the more likely headline-sized secret sets they could get.

So there's some difference between those two suggestions.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Adele rarely plays festivals or shows at all. You suggested she'd come back and play one slot lower than last time as a special guest.

Ed Sheeran has played secret sets at a bunch of festivals throughout his career, including Latitude a couple of years ago. If they're willing to have him, he's one of the more likely headline-sized secret sets they could get.

So there's some difference between those two suggestions.

Meh whatever. This would be the case if Glastonbury wasn’t something special to Adele. I personally don’t think Ed turning up is unlikely at all. I think as he’s performing the night before it’s probably unrealistic to expect him somewhere lunchtime the next day.

I do agree with you though that Aerosmith will not be the only big special guest.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Meh whatever. This would be the case if Glastonbury wasn’t something special to Adele. I personally don’t think Ed turning up is unlikely at all. I think as he’s performing the night before it’s probably unrealistic to expect him somewhere lunchtime the next day.

Ah I thought he was only playing the Saturday at Wembley. He's doing Friday/Saturday.

Well he could still perform on Sunday, and if I could edit it now then I would swap him with Tinariwen.

Edited by dentalplan

51 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

here u go

Never been to Glastonbury and likely never will be able to (whilst I’m still teaching, anyway) but the older I get and the more my tastes grow, the festival appeals to me more and more. If I was going and this was the lineup, I’d have a bloody lovely weekend. 

2 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Ah okay, thanks. Thought I was missing out on some juicy controversy.

Can’t imagine the festival will touch her anyway. She’s got a bad rep. Blamed it on anxiety when she was really just hungover from partying the night before.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/music/2019/jun/18/jess-glynne-isle-of-wight-festival-lifetime-ban

Edited by Matt42

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Can’t imagine the festival will touch her anyway. She’s got a bad rep. Blamed it on anxiety when she was really just hungover from partying the night before.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/music/2019/jun/18/jess-glynne-isle-of-wight-festival-lifetime-ban

Isle of Wight booked her to sub 2021.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

here u go

I’d take this all day long. One of the best I’ve seen.

Not much that grabs my attention around headliner time, but during the day there'd be plenty to keep me occupied.

I'd probably do something like:

Libertines > The Big Moon > Arlo Parks > Dry Cleaning > Crowded House > Ed Sheeran > Kiwanuka > Lorde > Foals > TBD

Wet Leg > Holly Humberstone > Kasabian > Black Country, New Road > Idles > Noel > Macca

Sea Girls > Squid > Inhaler > Phoebe or Shame > Fontaines or Fender > TBD

Some of these would probably clash, and if it was anything like this I'd be running between stages across the site the whole weekend. 

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

here u go

Big fan of this

Libertines - Arlo - crowded house - paak - lorde - foals - bicep

wet leg - candi staton - aerosmith - kasabian -idles -blossoms -noel - glass animals

frank carter - alfie templeman - seagirls - inhaler - squid - shame - fontaines - PSB/kendrick

probably doesn't add up those runs, but happy nonetheless