Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

8 hours ago, nikkic said:

Man Elbow really ruffle some feathers in here don’t they? 

Weirdly so. As others have said there has to be a space for both Doja Cat and Elbow on the Glastonbury bill. The variety is one of the big selling points.

There’s one other thing in defence of Elbow still getting a high up slot on the Pyramid. They’re one of the few acts who’ve successfully navigated the minefield that is Subbing the Pyramid. 

37 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Weirdly so. As others have said there has to be a space for both Doja Cat and Elbow on the Glastonbury bill. The variety is one of the big selling points.

There’s one other thing in defence of Elbow still getting a high up slot on the Pyramid. They’re one of the few acts who’ve successfully navigated the minefield that is Subbing the Pyramid. 

When? I saw about half an hour of them  in 2014 before Arcade Fire & they stank the place out (but I'm not a fan, I only went to get a Prime spot for AF)

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

When? I saw about half an hour of them  in 2014 before Arcade Fire & they stank the place out (but I'm not a fan, I only went to get a Prime spot for AF)

Probably didn’t help having their set cut short due to all the site being shut from the lighting.

16 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Can’t speak to your personal experience but generally they were well received in 2014 and especially 2011. Plenty have crashed and burned in that slot.

1 minute ago, MEGABOWL said:

Can’t speak to your personal experience but generally they were well received in 2014 and especially 2011. Plenty have crashed and burned in that slot.

2011 was amazing and I thought their set at the park was better than 2014. In my very humble opinion they always do their best at the farm.

2 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

2011 was amazing and I thought their set at the park was better than 2014. In my very humble opinion they always do their best at the farm.

I didn’t see 2014 but 2011 was superb. I’ve seen them 5 times and that was by far the best one. 

Sun is setting, Elbow start blasting out Grounds for Divorce, it's perfect sub material.

Not sure of all the 'stuck in the 2010s' comments, there's literally a tonne of acts who rely on older hits. It's literally the point of the Legends slot for example, let alone Macca and others on the bill.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, TheGChild said:

I dont dispute Elbows talent or popularity but for me they're falling in the category with Coldplay and Chemical Brothers at Glastonbury....oh really, again? Meh!

Fully expect to be hit with some stats to shut me up 🙂

The thing is they are releasing new material still and are still very popular so it's hardly like they are a heritage act just relying on old tunes. There are a core of acts that appear on the line up every single year and people can't wait to see them confirmed. I get some people don't like them and that's fine we all have different taste but based on their popularity I don't think anyone should really have a problem with them being on the line up. They also probably don't charge very much because they support some of the Glastonbury charities themselves. Having them on the bill probably makes it easier to get some of the other artists who do expect a bigger pay check. 

• Like 1

Last week I passed the local kids music school and the kids choir was singing One day like this (and I am not in the UK). So the fans may be younger than you'd think! They weren't born when that song was out!

Randomly this was the day of Guy Garvey's interview and the whole start of this discussion.

4 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

Elbow have released two albums since the last Glastonbury festival, one of which went to number 1 in the Uk charts. 

Why shouldn't they be booked?

Stereophonics have released 8 albums since they last played and 5 of them went number 1. Yet they havent returned, your point?

6 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Stereophonics have released 8 albums since they last played and 5 of them went number 1. Yet they havent returned, your point?

My point is very clearly saying that they are actively releasing music in the United Kingdom that is at the very least commercially successful.

Thus there will be people out there who will obviously want to see this band play at Glastonbury festival.  

Please tell me your counter argument as to why you think they shouldn't be booked to play. I would have no issue or complaints with the festival booking Stereophonics to play either.

Edited by JonSnow
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

My point is very clearly saying that they are actively releasing music in the United Kingdom that is at the very least commercially successful.

Thus there will be people out there who will obviously want to see this band play at Glastonbury festival.  

Please tell me your counter argument as to why you think they shouldn't be booked to play. I would have no issue or complaints with the festival booking Stereophonics to play either.

I’d just hope for someone to get booked I’d be more interested in seeing personally. On merit they have every reason to be booked. I’d just rather it was someone else.