Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

Also the more I think about it, Sam Fender, one of the hottest acts on the U.K. festival scene right now on Other, going up against Elbow who are… well, Elbow, on the Pyramid, just doesn’t seem right to me. Considering the plan was seemingly to stick him against Aerosmith originally to balance his crowd out, either they’ve moved him to the Pyramid in their now vacant slot, or stuck somebody else who is a much bigger draw than Elbow against him. I think the former makes the most sense, and then just stick any old Other fodder in his place.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Also the more I think about it, Sam Fender, one of the hottest acts on the U.K. festival scene right now on Other, going up against Elbow who are… well, Elbow, on the Pyramid, just doesn’t seem right to me. Considering the plan was seemingly to stick him against Aerosmith originally to balance his crowd out, either they’ve moved him to the Pyramid in their now vacant slot, or stuck somebody else who is a much bigger draw than Elbow against him. I think the former makes the most sense, and then just stick any old Other fodder in his place.

If you check JP there’s a TBA which should be on at the same time as Fender.

Think Elbow, Fender, and a TBA in the JP will divide crowds nicely. 

Plus it looks like on the map there is more space in the other field this year.

Edited by Matt42

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

They’ve confirmed themselves for the Park. Fourth down seems about right to me, although the earlier the better would be ideal for me so I can avoid evening clashes. Tbh, they’re really not that big despite the heaps of praise they receive on here so maybe I’ll be in luck.

Ah, yes. I misread 42’s guesses and now I see he didn’t predict the full day. Just the last four acts. Can’t imagine them being in first is all. 

46 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Friday

Pyramid: Billie Eilish // Doja Cat // TBA // Olivia Rodrigo // Crowded House // Rufus Wainwright // Ukrainian Choir

Other: Foals // Wolf Alice // Supergrass // Blossoms // St Vincent // Griff // Sleaford Mods // Happy Mondays

West Holts: Little Simz // Bonobo // Seun Kuti & Egypt 80 // Greentea Peng

John Peel: Primal Scream // Four Tet // The Jesus and Mary Chain // Rina Sawayama // Pinkpantheress

Park: Phoebe Bridgers (night) // Arlo Parks // Khruangbin // Confidence Man

Acoustic: Robert Plant and Alison Krauss

Saturday

Pyramid: Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds // HAIM // Megan Thee Stallion // Kacey Musgraves // Easy Life // Tony Christie

Other: Calvin Harris // Burna Boy // TBA (Paolo Nutini) // Phoebe Bridgers (day) // First Aid Kit // Metronomy // Skunk Anansie // The Lathums // TBA

West Holts: Leon Bridges // TLC // Sampa The Great // Celeste // Tems // Koffee

John Peel: Glass Animals // Fontaines D.C // Sigrid // Caroline Polachek // Black Midi

Park: Caribou // Mitski // Big Thief // Jarv..is.

Acoustic: The Waterboys

Sunday

Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar // Lorde // Elbow // Diana Ross // Angelique Kidjo // Herbie Hancock // The Black Dyke Brass Band

Other: Pet Shop Boys // Years & Years // Sam Fender // IDLES // Declan McKenna // Amyl and the Sniffers // Lianne La Havas // TBA

West Holts: Bicep // Ghetts // Nightmares on Wax // Joy Crookes

John Peel: Charli XCX // Jessie Ware // TBA // Clairo // Turnstille

Park: Roisin Murphy // Courtney Barnett // The Avalanches // Holly Humberstone // Wet Leg

Acoustic: Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott

Respect for the effort!

7 minutes ago, ghandi said:

Amazing the amount of disrespect by calling Elbow ' fodder', but hey ho horses for courses etc.

Most people here have seen them multiple times and personally they haven't released anything good since 2014. Outside of 2-3 songs they don't really do much for me.

Just now, chazwwe said:

Most people here have seen them multiple times and personally they haven't released anything good since 2014. Outside of 2-3 songs they don't really do much for me.

Yeah they have a good relationship with the festival which keeps them in good slots, but I agree that many of us have seen them already and I personally feel like it’s a slot which could have gone to someone more exciting.

But people like them and I think they will retain a healthy amount of Diana’s crowd. Yeah Sam Fender is popular but I think the chair crowd / people knackered will probably just stay.

28 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Yeah but foals keep getting good slots 

1 hour ago, ghandi said:

Amazing the amount of disrespect by calling Elbow ' fodder', but hey ho horses for courses etc.

Ain’t it just. 

Elbow, MSP and the like all have a role to play at the festival. 

Important to cater for everyone.

Just now, nikkic said:

Ain’t it just. 

Elbow, MSP and the like all have a role to play at the festival. 

Important to cater for everyone.

For a Glastonbury fan site, it’s quite impressive how much ire gets directed towards the ‘friends of the festival’ acts, especially if they’re (gasp) guitar bands (boooooo).

4 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

For a Glastonbury fan site, it’s quite impressive how much ire gets directed towards the ‘friends of the festival’ acts, especially if they’re (gasp) guitar bands (boooooo).

I don’t have a problem with it as it means I get to go elsewhere, but I do get grumbly if a band like Elbow is given a pretty large slot. I’m happy to see they aren’t a sub anymore… mainly because I think those kind of slots are best reserved for someone more exciting.

If Glastonbury got into a position where they awarded friends of the festival the best slots every year and rested on these kind of relationships it wouldn’t be Glastonbury, and it would lose that excitement which causes 200k tickets being snapped up instantly. No problem with Elbow playing but I don’t want them to keep their big slot status for much longer.

Edited by Matt42
  • Upvote 2

I think snow patrol could be one of the acts still to be added this year. They got the GSH in their tour and cancelled 2019 so they could slot in on the other stage early afternoon? Also miles kane, rag n bone man and nothing but thieves could all do it but that’s more wishful thinking on my part I think.

1 hour ago, TheGChild said:

Do we know; day, time, stage for First Aid Kit and The Waterboys. Anyone? Cheers. x

We know from their tour that Fire Aid Kit are Friday or Saturday unless they are doing Glastonbury then Bristol in one day which is unlikely but not impossible.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Friday

Pyramid: Billie Eilish // Doja Cat // TBA // Olivia Rodrigo // Crowded House // Rufus Wainwright // Ukrainian Choir

Other: Foals // Wolf Alice // Supergrass // Blossoms // St Vincent // Griff // Sleaford Mods // Happy Mondays

John Peel: Primal Scream // Four Tet // The Jesus and Mary Chain // Rina Sawayama // Pinkpantheress

Saturday

Pyramid: Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds // HAIM // Megan Thee Stallion // Kacey Musgraves // Easy Life // Tony Christie

Other: Calvin Harris // Burna Boy // TBA (Paolo Nutini) // Phoebe Bridgers (day) // First Aid Kit // Metronomy // Skunk Anansie // The Lathums // TBA

John Peel: Glass Animals // Fontaines D.C // Sigrid // Caroline Polachek // Black Midi

Sunday

Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar // Lorde // Elbow // Diana Ross // Angelique Kidjo // Herbie Hancock // The Black Dyke Brass Band

Other: Pet Shop Boys // Years & Years // Sam Fender // IDLES // Declan McKenna // Amyl and the Sniffers // Lianne La Havas // TBA

Park: Roisin Murphy // Courtney Barnett // The Avalanches // Holly Humberstone // Wet Leg

Think TLC are confirmed for Friday and The Avalanches Saturday by the way from their tour dates.

7 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

They’ve confirmed themselves for the Park. Fourth down seems about right to me, although the earlier the better would be ideal for me so I can avoid evening clashes. Tbh, they’re really not that big despite the heaps of praise they receive on here so maybe I’ll be in luck.

I just think Con Man would do better in the Kohn Peel. They have some show elements that need semi darkness. But whatever works. Hopefully they can play more than once.

7 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

I'm hoping idles are Saturday. May not have the energy for a full on mosh pit by Sunday afternoon.. Could be the highlight of the festival again for me this year.