Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

48 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Partly this, partly personal preference.

who do you think the Avalon headliners will be? I’ve actually never been to the Avalon but this years line up looks awesome.

Just now, Mwk525 said:

who do you think the Avalon headliners will be? I’ve actually never been to the Avalon but this years line up looks awesome.

I've deliberately kept Avalon off becasue I have no idea about that stage but I'm pretty sure The Hoosiers are confirmed to headline Saturday night. 

I saw The Damned were (self?) confirmed to be playing there on the Friday so I  maybe they're a headliner too

23 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I've deliberately kept Avalon off becasue I have no idea about that stage but I'm pretty sure The Hoosiers are confirmed to headline Saturday night. 

I saw The Damned were (self?) confirmed to be playing there on the Friday so I  maybe they're a headliner too

The damned would definitely make sense! If mcfly headline the Sunday too I can see myself spending a fair bit of time there this time round. 

15 minutes ago, gfa said:

I presume this is a joke - or we could have the 4am Hell Stage slot?

I've seen them at that time before - they came on either with or at the end of Goldie's set. 

Bizarrely they were the first act I saw that year and also the last 😁

4 minutes ago, Ozzyozwald said:

Really hoping we can manifest Big Thief -> The Avalanches -> Caribou on the Park

Don’t even think we have to manifest that one. As much as it hurts me because I wont be there, that run seems like a very good bet for the Saturday night. 

Would do something like this:

Friday: Happy Mondays > Hobo Jones & The Junkyard Dogs > Yard Act > Crowded House > Editors > Blossoms > Wet Leg > Wolf Alice > Foals

Saturday if Arcade Fire: Nilufer Yanya > Porridge Radio > Dry Cleaning > Arcade Fire > Squid > Noel > Macca

Saturday if no Arcade Fire: Nilufer Yanya > Olivia Rodrigo > Black Midi > Squid > Noel > Macca

Sunday: Yves Tumor and its band > Rina Sawayama > Diana Ross > Holly Humberstone > Sam Fender > Bicep

I'd be tempted to swap Diana Ross with Turnstile and The 1975. I'd make the choice nearer the time. If it was Arcade Fire on Saturday, that would be one of the best line-up days in the history of the festival for me. Whether I bother to catch the end of sets e.g. Wolf Alice, will heavily depend on how hungry I am, how hot it is, how thirsty I am, and if I need to sit down and chill for a bit. It's great having a plan, and I'm usually a big planner when it comes to festival clash finders, but you have to be able to adapt to how your feeling on the day and the conditions you're in. Although saying that, if Arcade Fire are playing, I'm not missing them for the world.

14 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

I’d be shocked if The Avalanches are above Big Thief. I’d put the ‘Thief up as a Park headliner option if there weren’t so bloody many already about. 

I'd happily take Avalanches third down as would give me to plenty of time to see them and vet down to the Pyramid with no one worrying about getting a spot. 

Friday

Pyramid: Billie Eilish // Doja Cat // TBA // Olivia Rodrigo // Crowded House // Rufus Wainwright // Ukrainian Choir

Other: Foals // Wolf Alice // Supergrass // Blossoms // St Vincent // Griff // Sleaford Mods // Happy Mondays

West Holts: Little Simz // Bonobo // Seun Kuti & Egypt 80 // Greentea Peng

John Peel: Primal Scream // Four Tet // The Jesus and Mary Chain // Rina Sawayama // Pinkpantheress

Park: Phoebe Bridgers (night) // Arlo Parks // Khruangbin // Confidence Man

Acoustic: Robert Plant and Alison Krauss

Saturday

Pyramid: Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds // HAIM // Megan Thee Stallion // Kacey Musgraves // Easy Life // Tony Christie

Other: Calvin Harris // Burna Boy // TBA (Paolo Nutini) // Phoebe Bridgers (day) // First Aid Kit // Metronomy // Skunk Anansie // The Lathums // TBA

West Holts: Leon Bridges // TLC // Sampa The Great // Celeste // Tems // Koffee

John Peel: Glass Animals // Fontaines D.C // Sigrid // Caroline Polachek // Black Midi

Park: Caribou // Mitski // Big Thief // Jarv..is.

Acoustic: The Waterboys

Sunday

Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar // Lorde // Elbow // Diana Ross // Angelique Kidjo // Herbie Hancock // The Black Dyke Brass Band

Other: Pet Shop Boys // Years & Years // Sam Fender // IDLES // Declan McKenna // Amyl and the Sniffers // Lianne La Havas // TBA

West Holts: Bicep // Ghetts // Nightmares on Wax // Joy Crookes

John Peel: Charli XCX // Jessie Ware // TBA // Clairo // Turnstille

Park: Roisin Murphy // Courtney Barnett // The Avalanches // Holly Humberstone // Wet Leg

Acoustic: Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I’d put Confidence Man on a little later on Park, personally. Maybe JP. 

They’ve confirmed themselves for the Park. Fourth down seems about right to me, although the earlier the better would be ideal for me so I can avoid evening clashes. Tbh, they’re really not that big despite the heaps of praise they receive on here so maybe I’ll be in luck.