Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

Unless the acts are absolutely unmissable for you, I would recommend skipping the unannounced WG acts on the Thursday. In my experience, unless you’re there hours you’ll be fortunate to get close to the edge of the tent. I’ve stood outside, in view of the act, but unable to hear a jot on a few occasions, which ain’t fun.
Additionally, that area gets extremely busy in the late afternoon and early evening and that makes the whole thing difficult to enjoy. After some varied experiences, I missed the 2019 offering completely.

15 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

Friday:

Pyramid: Billie Eilish, Doja Cat, Wolf Alice, Olivia Rodrigo, Crowded House, Rufus Wainwright

Other: Foals, Supergrass, Blossoms, First Aid Kit, Sleaford Mods, St. Vincent

West Holts: Four Tet, Bonobo, TLC, Seun Kuti Egypt 80, Greentea Peng

John Peel: Primal Scream, Sigrid, Roisin Murphy, girl in red, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Inhaler

Park: Phoebe Bridgers, Arlo Parks, Confidence Man, Black MIDI, Warmduscher, Wet Leg

Saturday:

Pyramid: Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, HAIM, Kacey Musgraves, Phoebe Bridgers, Koffee

Other: Megan thee Stallion, Burna Boy, IDLES, Big Thief, Metronomy, ?, Skunk Anansie

West Holts: Little Simz, Leon Bridges, Joy Crookes, Celeste, TEMS, Gabriels

John Peel: Glass Animals, Mitski, Easy Life, Beabadoobee, Dry Cleaning, Ghetts

Park: Caribou, The Avalanches, Self Esteem, TBA (Arcade Fire), JARV IS..., Squid, Sampa the Great

Sunday:

Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar, Lorde, Elbow, Diana Ross, Angelique Kidjo, Herbie Hancock

Other: Pet Shop Boys, Years & Years, Sam Fender, Declan McKenna, Griff, Lianne La Havas

West Holts: Bicep, Jessie Ware, Nightmares on Wax, Snarky Puppy, Nubya Garcia

John Peel: Charli XCX, Caroline Polachek, Turnstile, Amyl & The Sniffers, Yves Tumor, Rina Sawayama

Park: Fontaines D.C, Clairo, Holly Humberstone, Courtney Barnett, Cate Le Bon, Emma-Jean Thackray

Looks good, I'd go something like this:

Friday: Wet Leg > Crowded House > Olivia Rodrigo > Black Midi > Confidence Man > Arlo Parks > Phoebe Bridgers

Saturday: Sampa the Great > Squid > JARV IS > Arcade Fire > Noel Gallagher > Macca

Sunday: Rina Sawayama > Yves Tumor > Diana Ross > Sam Fender > Lorde > Bicep

If Arcade Fire play something like 4th on Park I'd be tempted to camp there from the start. A little off-topic, but does anyone know how the stage openings work? If I recall correctly, they tape off entrance the stages at the end of each night, and then take it down in the morning. Do they do this at a set-time, or is it fairly random but just some time before the first act comes on? Thanks.

6 hours ago, Miyn said:

If Arcade Fire play something like 4th on Park I'd be tempted to camp there from the start. A little off-topic, but does anyone know how the stage openings work? If I recall correctly, they tape off entrance the stages at the end of each night, and then take it down in the morning. Do they do this at a set-time, or is it fairly random but just some time before the first act comes on? Thanks.

I’m not really sure about when/if they tape off areas after headliners have finished or when/if they remove it, but camping at the Park for like seven hours from the moment it opens to get a front row spot for Arcade Fire is, for lack of a better word, stupid. I mean, it’s the Park so you’re usually guaranteed there’ll be something good on so certainly one of the better stages to be at all day, but just go see who you want the rest of the day and then turn up for the act before the special guest and you’ll get a good spot. Really not worth missing a full days worth of stuff you’re interested in just so you can see the first bead of sweat drop off Win’s head. 

I’m going to take a punt that Calvin is headlining the Other stage on the Saturday, and playing a set at Arcadia later in the night. Like Chase and Status did (I think) in 2013.

Other stage set for his more poppier stuff. Arcadia for his lil techno/house project.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I’m going to take a punt that Calvin is headlining the Other stage on the Saturday, and playing a set at Arcadia later in the night. Like Chase and Status did (I think) in 2013.

Other stage set for his more poppier stuff. Arcadia for his lil techno/house project.

Hmm although the Arcadia announcement has obviously come earlier than they had originally planned due to Carl Cox’s fuck up, surely they’d want the knowledge of Calvin headlining Other out there first and have him on the first poster rather than having him announced for Arcadia first? Think Arcadia is gonna be it for him (for this year at least). 

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Surely would have labelled it as Love Regenerator if so. 

If it was I could see him headlining the Other Stage but not sure he'll have two slots pretty much back to back.

Just now, Superunknown said:

Surely would have labelled it as Love Regenerator if so. 

If it was I could see him headlining the Other Stage but not sure he'll have two slots pretty much back to back.

Maybe it’s not love regenerator but he’s going to lean more into experimenting. It will be a DJ set so he will likely throw a few popular big room techno tracks in there which aren’t his own.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Hmm although the Arcadia announcement has obviously come earlier than they had originally planned due to Carl Cox’s fuck up, surely they’d want the knowledge of Calvin headlining Other out there first and have him on the first poster rather than having him announced for Arcadia first? Think Arcadia is gonna be it for him (for this year at least). 

I think it’s more that the hand was forced, and maybe he wasn’t ready for poster 1 with other shows to sell? He doesn’t need his own announcement so they’ve probably just saved him for poster 2.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Yard Act and Sports Team is my guess.

There are a lot of contenders. They usually get someone quite big in there (or at least try to), one year Catfish were lined up I think but cancelled late on due to sickness I think? I was speaking with the stage people that year and they said they had to rejig the whole programme.

51 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Calvin Harris vs Macca on Saturday would make a lot of sense, so this ain’t a bad shout. 

I kinda hope he’s just on Arcadia though as it really shows the pulling power and prowess of Glasto, to get somebody that big on what’s basically the 5th/6th largest stage. 

10 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

What's people's thoughts on how busy Sigrid and Primal would be at JPT? If some predictions are correct, I'd be going from 3rd down Pyramid to JPT. Might it be fat too rammed to get in?

Don’t think either will be so busy that you can’t get in. Sigrid will be busy but not absolutely packed to the rafters busy I’d have thought. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Going to predict Inhaler and Goat Girl

Inhaler announced a one-off cambridge show on the wednesday, probably a good indicator?

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

He's got other shows to sell so maybe thats why he wasn't originally announced perhaps then Arcadia had their hand forced. Even if they wanted to hold him back you can hardly have the biggest name you've ever booked leaked and then not announce him

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

There are a lot of contenders. They usually get someone quite big in there (or at least try to), one year Catfish were lined up I think but cancelled late on due to sickness I think? I was speaking with the stage people that year and they said they had to rejig the whole programme.

That was catfish on their first album, probably not a whole lot bigger than say Inhaler are now surely?

55 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I don't know how you've done it but you've taken a great lineup, made everyone I want to see clash, and actually left me with gaps 😂

So I do hope you're wrong in a number of places haha.

Obviously ignoring the fact there are many more stages to be added, and maybe I can finally actually see an act in T&C before wondering through the field on the way to the SEC... 

24 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I don't know how you've done it but you've taken a great lineup, made everyone I want to see clash, and actually left me with gaps 😂

So I do hope you're wrong in a number of places haha.

Obviously ignoring the fact there are many more stages to be added, and maybe I can finally actually see an act in T&C before wondering through the field on the way to the SEC... 

Same. Have nothing but hideous clashes or hours of meh. Hope this is miles off 🤣