Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

What are people’s thoughts on Jack White?

He is vastly overrated. I find his musical persona lacks sincerity, I don't enjoy his hiccupping singing style and his guitar playing is limited to one scale and leans on an overuse of effects.

3 hours ago, Meerkat said:

Have Alt-J been ruled out? A quick look at their dates seems to show a Glasto shaped hole.

Have probably dropped off enough to not be on the initial poster and slotted in somewhere on the other stage

They haven't dropped THAT far. Bit early to return considering they headlined the Other Stage the festival before last, too. They'd still command a pretty big slot and will be down the pecking order for one. Don't know if they've been ruled out though.

11 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

They haven't dropped THAT far. Bit early to return considering they headlined the Other Stage the festival before last, too. They'd still command a pretty big slot and will be down the pecking order for one. Don't know if they've been ruled out though.

Fair enough! I’m a fan and was at the Other Stage headline show. Crazy to think that was only 2 festivals ago.

You’re probably right though , think I’ve overestimated their popularity drop

6 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

Friday:

Pyramid: Billie Eilish, Doja Cat, Wolf Alice, Olivia Rodrigo, Crowded House, Rufus Wainwright

Other: Foals, Supergrass, Blossoms, First Aid Kit, Sleaford Mods, St. Vincent

West Holts: Four Tet, Bonobo, TLC, Seun Kuti Egypt 80, Greentea Peng

John Peel: Primal Scream, Sigrid, Roisin Murphy, girl in red, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Inhaler

Park: Phoebe Bridgers, Arlo Parks, Confidence Man, Black MIDI, Warmduscher, Wet Leg

Lordy, you have me running around a bit on that Friday.

Wet Leg at the Park, then a swift walk to Other for Sleaford, a power walk to JP for girl in red, leg it to the Park again for Confidence Man, hot step it to West Holts for Bonobo, then the Park for Phoebe.

Good job it's day one. Not sure I could manage that on Sunday. Also a good job that said plan will fly out of the window the moment I'm on site.

24 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

Fair enough! I’m a fan and was at the Other Stage headline show. Crazy to think that was only 2 festivals ago.

You’re probably right though , think I’ve overestimated their popularity drop

They seemed to run out of steam after album 2. The last two albums have been very underwhelming. 

19 minutes ago, Superscally said:

How strong is the Fontaines Park Sunday headline chat?!

Pure speculation I think. Seems a good spot for them, and they were due to play the Park in ‘20 so guess that’s in their favour, but they could’ve easily been moved to another stage now that they’re a significantly bigger deal. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The clashes are going to absolutely grind my soul into dust this year.

Yeah I think there’s gonna be some proper heartbreaking stuff this year. As the lineup and placings slowly come together it’s making me realise how much incredible stuff I’m gonna have to miss for some equally incredible stuff elsewhere.

Just now, Memory Man said:

Could be any of Self esteem, wet leg, yard act easily. But equally all may feel its beneath them. 

Wet Leg are busy on the Thursday so won’t be them, but I very much doubt either of the other two think it’s beneath them - they’ve had bigger acts do it in the past and both of them seem like acts who’d be all over an extra Glastonbury set. 

7 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Is there a history of the williams green thursday slot anywhere? 

alt j and django django 2013

metronomy and the 1975 2014

wolf alice and drenge 2015

rat boy and dma's 2016

circa waves and everything everything 2017

the big moon and pale waves 2019

Edited by Muppetmark

4 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

alt j and django django 2013

metronomy and the 1975 2014

wolf alice and drenge 2015

rat boy and dma's 2016

circa waves and everything everything 2017

the big moon and pale waves 2019

I'm gonna go with Wet Leg and Sam Fender this time 

I once saw maximo park do it many moons ago, was great.

I kind of hope whatever it is im not bothered about as its too obvious these days and a ball ache

dont think i caught any of those since metronomy. Those from 2015 onwards dont strike me as a massive deal i must say, and relatively speaking quite bland.

Edited by Memory Man

18 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

I'm gonna go with Wet Leg and Sam Fender this time 

Wet Leg have a show thursday.

Sam Fender would be unsafe surely - he's a festival headliner now, far bigger than any of the acts listed.