Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Cmon Matt this is getting a bit silly now. I quite often agree with your points (re. Doja/Meg), and you do get some unfair criticism, but some of your posts are baffling and I dont see how you cant read them as offensive...

"I doubt many people on here listen to Burna Boy so they don’t understand his size. I don’t listen to him but I’m aware that he’s a big deal. " is so needlessly passive aggressive. The way its phrased gives the impression that you believe you are superior to everyone else - everyone else is blind to their biases but you are the one chosen one who can see above it. Thank god you are sharing your wisdom with us peasants... Just act normal and say you think others are underestimating his size.

That’s really not what I meant to intend, my point was that I am in the same boat as people on here that may not keep up with his every move, but looking up his other billings, arena shows, recent songs/hits etc I am aware he’s a big deal. Ergo I wasn’t aware how big he was until I measured him up against some other names playing and who he might appeal to.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

That’s really not what I meant to intend, my point was that I am in the same boat as people on here that may not keep up with his every move, but looking up his other billings, arena shows, recent songs/hits etc I am aware he’s a big deal. Ergo I wasn’t aware how big he was until I measured him up against some other names playing and who he might appeal to.

But you can make that point differently then. Its not "oh I know better than you", its hey guys, Ive had a look at some of his tour dates and hes playing some pretty big venues. You dont have to bring the rest of the "efestivals bias" into it

Another day, another post by Matt calling people out for not knowing as much as he does and then putting those peoples opinions down because 'reasons'. 

Comments like the ones you're making @Matt42 makes you come across like you know better than other people. I would bet a lot that if it comes out that he's not headlining Other, you won't say anything, but if he does you'll make some kind of comment on the lines of 'everyone told me he wouldn't and now look at me'.

Its tiring. 

46 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s not arrogant or condescending, pretty sure no one here has predicted him for a big slot. When I first suggested Megan or Doja could play the first things people said back were “who are they”.

Think this is the issue, you've made lots of guesses about who is playing and where etc (we all have, that's the point of this site) but since the lineup came out and you got Doja/MTS spot on, your posts have taken a massive swing towards 'I'm the all knowing oracle on Glastonbury'. I don't think there's any attempt to pile on you, but you really don't help yourself by making ridiculous statements like 'I know more about where the festival is heading than anyone else'. Especially when there are people on here who are actually 'in the know' but don't feel the need to brag about it or gatekeep. 

For what it's worth I really enjoy your contributions and passion for the festival, and it's good for someone like me who is one of those 00s indie twats (not a wellend though FYI...) to hear you discuss and speculate names as to broaden my own understanding of the music scene and find new artists etc as I'm hopelessly out of touch. It was really nice reading your excitement at the poster dropping given how much the lineup was to your tastes. But the tone of your posts, especially recently, has been one where everything is now tinted with an 'I'm right, you're wrong, what I post is fact and not up for discussion'. It's becoming an issue the same way all the alt/parody accounts have as it just stops actual decent debate in its tracks. 

55 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Is a good point. I did think the Streets were underbilled in 2019 as their crowd was massive (I think)?

But I think the Streets were in JP because the Prodigy was booked for the Other (at the time).

Think Chems were meant to be the Sunday and Prodigy Saturday

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I doubt many people on here listen to Burna Boy so they don’t understand his size. I don’t listen to him but I’m aware that he’s a big deal.

You really are a condescending know it all. You are so defensive but the way you talk to people is disgusting.

anyways burna boy sold 15,200 tickets at the o2 last year. That's pretty big for john peel but definitely not other headliner.

Edited by Muppetmark

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah but he has got bigger in the past 2 years. Also taking a pretty prominent slot at wireless and would easily headline some of the day festivals (Lovebox, Field Day Etc). 

Its hard to say you think that we're ill informed on here when you suggest Burna Boy for Field Day - headlined by Chems and Kraftwerk this year and Bicep last year. He wouldn't even be considered as a booking

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Its hard to say you think that we're ill informed on here when you suggest Burna Boy for Field Day - headlined by Chems and Kraftwerk this year and Bicep last year. He wouldn't even be considered as a booking

This is a bit disingenuous as prior to it becoming a dance festival Field Day was booking Erykah Badu, Jorja Smith, Pusha T, Skepta etc. I didn’t know it was sticking as a dance festival for now on.

Edited by Matt42

Is someone able to give me a little brief as to where we are with Doja and MTS? Got a headache reading all the posts and wondered if anyone had got anywhere with them. Is the thinking still one to be Other headliner vs Macca and the other one below Lorde on Sunday? I know it has been asked before but which one is genuinely bigger? 

9 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Is someone able to give me a little brief as to where we are with Doja and MTS? Got a headache reading all the posts and wondered if anyone had got anywhere with them. Is the thinking still one to be Other headliner vs Macca and the other one below Lorde on Sunday? I know it has been asked before but which one is genuinely bigger? 

Doja typically gets the bigger slots at festivals and she has more crossover hits, but it’s not much more than that. Doja has 55m monthly spotify listeners and Megan has 32m.

Are we aware that Burna Boy is playing John Peel according to the line up rumours page? Anyone know if that's just an assumption based on the 2020 lineup or has Neil had info?

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Are we aware that Burna Boy is playing John Peel according to the line up rumours page? Anyone know if that's just an assumption based on the 2020 lineup or has Neil had info?

Just an assumption from the 2020 playlists at the moment

7 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Another day, another post by Matt calling people out for not knowing as much as he does and then putting those peoples opinions down because 'reasons'. 

Comments like the ones you're making @Matt42 makes you come across like you know better than other people. I would bet a lot that if it comes out that he's not headlining Other, you won't say anything, but if he does you'll make some kind of comment on the lines of 'everyone told me he wouldn't and now look at me'.

Its tiring. 

One hundred per cent. See all his gloating about being correct on MTS/Doja whilst completely ignoring the several artists he banged on about playing who are nowhere to be seen (Dua, Harry Styles, Florence just before the poster drop).

7 hours ago, mpdow2 said:

Think Chems were meant to be the Sunday and Prodigy Saturday

Yep, think so.