Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

12 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

She was, but that was before Punisher even came out. 

Don't really know how the stages break down by bookers but (if such people exist) I doubt the Park bookers would want to let her go!

Edited by Tuna

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Don't really know how the stages break down by bookers but (if such people exist) I doubt the Park bookers would want to let her go!

Nah neither do I but they might not have a lot of choice - she'd be comfortably the biggest booking they've had aside from the secret sets at this point. Maybe she'll do similar to Vampy Weekend and open it one day. 

Has anyone ever done two announced sets on the main stages before? I feel like it probably has but can't remember. 

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

Nah neither do I but they might not have a lot of choice - she'd be comfortably the biggest booking they've had aside from the secret sets at this point. Maybe she'll do similar to Vampy Weekend and open it one day. 

Has anyone ever done two announced sets on the main stages before? I feel like it probably has but can't remember. 

Yeah, loads of times. There's been a few have managed 3 as well.

A fairly common combination is headline or sub Acoustic and then early on the Pyramid - pretty sure both the Waterboys and the Proclaimers have done that.

12 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Yeah it was spoken about the other day. Bon Iver headlined the Park and played 3rd down Other. I think someone else did similar, maybe The xx.

5 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Personally dont think she is playing twice they may have just asked her not to confirm day yet but has had to put 24-25 as she is booked on 26th. Else it would say 24-26. Its possible, but more likely its one set

Literally no other artist has done this.

1 minute ago, Memory Man said:

You cant put 24-26 if youre booked for the sunday can you

On that basis we would know what day every artist is playing. Which we dont.

Loads of artists have the full range of dates of a festival on their tour listings even if they have other gigs in that time. Though I guess it might be different putting it on a poster compared to just having it listed on your website.

Most other artists just put the first day of the festival down.

And then several others have confirmed what day they’re playing via their tour dates already.

5 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

You cant put 24-26 if youre booked for the sunday can you

On that basis we would know what day every artist is playing. Which we dont.

Yes, artists either put the whole date range of the festival or the day they're playing.

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

@chazwwedoesnt explain why Florence is doing Europe festivals and none in the UK tho. Many of these were booked 5/6months ago. She has been available to book. Makes me think she does have something booked (hence why she’s nowhere else).

Her own gigs makes little sense because surely they would have been up on sale by now? Summers 3 months away.

Florence might be doing smaller venues and that doesnt really need an onsale 3 months in advance. She could put then onsale 2 weeks beforehand and sell them out if she chose to. If she was going to be at The O2 then you wouldve had a sale like now, but doesnt seem to be the case. Like she wouldnt sell out 2 nights at Brixton in the blink of an eye?