Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I know this goes against what I want but I wonder if she’s headlining JP.

Primal Scream we’re subbing it last time we think. Perhaps they weren’t bumped to headliner and they’ve put someone above?

Phoebe could also do a secret park set and then play the pyramid on the sat?

We could also get Phoebe > Wolf Alice > ? > Billie. 

Her 4th down on the Pyramid would be fantastic for me on either Friday or Saturday.

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Primal Scream we’re subbing it last time we think. Perhaps they weren’t bumped to headliner and they’ve put someone above?

Phoebe could also do a secret park set Friday and then play the pyramid on the sat?

She's got to hop it from Glasgow on the 23rd, so you'd think either playing later on Friday or not at all. Book in the JP Headline now.

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

We could also get Phoebe > Wolf Alice > ? > Billie. 

Her 4th down on the Pyramid would be fantastic for me on either Friday or Saturday.

Think that’s Olivia’s tho.

I’d say she’d be about 5th down pyramid if she was booked there. Third down other stage.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Phoebe could also do a secret park set Friday and then play the pyramid on the sat?

I thought we assumed they were headlining it in 2020? We knew Editors were the Friday JP headliner, Primal Scream were playing Saturday and Charli XCX was a headliner, though we didn't know the day. We spent ages assuming Charli XCX was the Saturday headliner but we never actually had a date, so Editors, Primal Scream and Charli XCX made sense for the headliners. 

I could see her playing 4th/5th down on the Pyramid at this rate. Maybe Robert Plant & Alison Krauss are an Acoustic headliner after all and Phoebe is playing where we're expecting them?

Just now, kingcrawler said:

I thought we assumed they were headlining it in 2020? We knew Editors were the Friday JP headliner, Primal Scream were playing Saturday and Charli XCX was a headliner, though we didn't know the day. We spent ages assuming Charli XCX was the Saturday headliner but we never actually had a date, so Editors, Primal Scream and Charli XCX made sense for the headliners. 

I could see her playing 4th/5th down on the Pyramid at this rate. Maybe Robert Plant & Alison Krauss are an Acoustic headliner after all and Phoebe is playing where we're expecting them?

FKA TWIGS was rumoured to be a headliner too so it’s quite up there really. Burna Boy an outside shout too.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah this. We knew Editors were Friday and Primal Scream Saturday, and then had Charli XCX confirmed as a headliner. Some people thought they wouldn’t clash her with Taylor Swift so the idea was definitely floated that Primal Scream may have been subbing  her on the Saturday but I think most were just predicting those three as headliners.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

FKA TWIGS was rumoured to be a headliner too so it’s quite up there really. Burna Boy an outside shout too.

Pretty sure this wasn’t a rumour either, and was just a prediction. Highly doubt she was headlining JP while Primal Scream were subbing it.

24 minutes ago, mjfiddy said:

... stick her up against Macca, draw some crowd 😉

and Latitude stick her in the tent and give Snow Patrol the main stage.... fs....

Think that tent will be rammed, recommend getting there a bit early if you want a decent spot.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Yeah this. We knew Editors were Friday and Primal Scream Saturday, and then had Charli XCX confirmed as a headliner. Some people thought they wouldn’t clash her with Taylor Swift so the idea was definitely floated that Primal Scream may have been subbing  her on the Saturday but I think most were just predicting those three as headliners.

Pretty sure this wasn’t a rumour either, and was just a prediction. Highly doubt she was headlining JP while Primal Scream were subbing it.

Yeah this is what I remember too. The thinking was they wouldn't clash Charli XCX and Taylor Swift but since Editors were on Friday, clashing Charli with Dua Lipa actually made less sense. 

4 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Isn't it reasonable to think Phoebe Bridgers is playing the Friday and Saturday based on the tour poster?

Headlining JP or the Park on Friday and early afternoon Pyramid on the Saturday

This is more what I'm leaning to. I think she's a great alternative against Billie. Another female fronted headliner and then gets a nice big push on the Pyramid. 

9 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Isn't it reasonable to think Phoebe Bridgers is playing the Friday and Saturday based on the tour poster?

Headlining JP or the Park on Friday and early afternoon Pyramid on the Saturday

Still got to be a possibility. Would be a massive coup to get her playing two prominent slots. 

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Isn't it just to not reveal day Phoebe putting both days. She's in Birmingham Sunday so she can only play Saturday/Sunday. Doubt she would do two sets.

Every other artist who doesn't put the specific day just puts the entire weekend - its weird to be so specific imo

16 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Think there's a lot of gymnastics happening here - two sets would also mean that the "too big for the Park" won't be as much of an issue. She was booked there for 2020 iirc, as per the playlist things.

She was, but that was before Punisher even came out. 

4 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Isn't it just to not reveal day Phoebe putting both days. She's in Birmingham Sunday so she can only play Saturday/Sunday. Doubt she would do two sets.

She’s put a specific day for every other festival though, even ones which haven’t released day splits. Normally I’d agree but putting two days seems like an odd way to do it if it’s just to not reveal what day she’s playing.