Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

1 minute ago, incident said:

Yeah, it makes no sense. I figured EP was a fairly likely option and didn't think Wilderness was entirely out of the question.

Of the festivals that are keeping their lineup under wraps - Boomtown doesn't seem to fit stylistically at all. SGP certainly does (and there's history) but seems a bit small for anything other than a "just because I want to do it" type deal, in much the same way that a Park or JP special guest slot at Glastonbury would be.

My best guess is that a late Summer or Autumn arena tour is coming?

I think big weekend could have her as she’s done it many times before but she needs to fire her agent if that’s all she could secure this summer.

2 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Or maybe, thats all she wants to do. 

I feel like Florence is more selective than most acts of that size? I'm sure I read a thing ages ago where Geoff Ellis, head of DF Concerts who run TRNSMT etc, said they tried to book Florence for it but she chose to headline two nights at the Edinburgh Summer Sessions instead. Much smaller capacity and appeal but she seems to want to choose specific festivals to play, rather than just turning up at all the usual major ones every few years.

So to make Matt angrier

Billie Eilish, Wolf Alice, Elbow, Olivia Rodrigo, Crowded House, Rufus Waingwright, Special Opening Act

Macca, NGHFB, HAIM, Phoebe Bridgers, Plant & Krauss, Kacey Musgraves, Griff

Kendrick Lamar, Lorde, TBA, Diana Ross, Sigrid, Easy Life, Black Dyke Band

1 minute ago, sisco said:

So to make Matt angrier

Billie Eilish, Wolf Alice, Elbow, Olivia Rodrigo, Crowded House, Rufus Waingwright, Special Opening Act

Macca, NGHFB, HAIM, Phoebe Bridgers, Plant & Krauss, Kacey Musgraves, Griff

Kendrick Lamar, Lorde, TBA, Diana Ross, Sigrid, Easy Life, Black Dyke Band

Opposite. The chance to see Phoebe fills me with delight because I’ve spent 2 years not getting excited about her deliberately because I assumed she would clash with someone. 

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Opposite. The chance to see Phoebe fills me with delight because I’ve spent 2 years not getting excited about her deliberately because I assumed she would clash with someone. 

I really think she’ll get a prominent spot.  🤞🤞 as it helps with the clashes too.  Was trying to think of a Guitar Band for that Sunday TBA spot

Edited by sisco

Agree that bridgers is too big for the park so she’s narrowed down to other, JP or pyramid but im unsure of her crossover appeal for a pyramid set (still think a lot of casual UK music fans would be, who?) and therefore i reckon its other as i think her management would want her on a large stage and yet more females for prominent slots is great

Edited by Memory Man

11 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

She's not THAT big yet. I certainly think that's the stage she'll end up on though. 

😂

Throws open a JP Headline though... would they put her against Macca... Just muddies the waters further.

Live for the speculation, good work all

4 hours ago, sisco said:

So I’ve been bored and can’t sleep so looked through all the previous playlists and what we sort of know and IF people stick to the same stage as they did last times etc… this is what we have so far. (I appreciate some will change)

Pyramid - Macca, Billie, Kendrick, Di Ro, Easy Life, HAIM, NGHFB, Crowded House, Elbow, Herbie Hancock, Griff, Kacey Musgraves, Rufus Waingwright, (Local Band)

Other - Foals, PSB, Years and Years, Blossoms, Sam Fender, Declan McKenna, Liane La Havas, Skunk Anansie, Supergrass

WH - Bonobo, Celeste, Bicep, Nightmares On Wax, Little Simz, Angelique Kiojo, Greentea Peng, Nubya Garcia, Seaun Kuti & Egypt 80, TLC, Snarky Puppy

Acoustic - The Waterboys, The Undertones

John Peel - Beabadoobee, Burna Boy, Charlie XCX, Clairo, Glass Animals, JMAC, Primal Scream

Park Stage - Big Thief, Caribou, Cate Le Bon, Confidence Man, Fontaines DC, Jarv is, Khurangbin, Squid, The Avalanches, Sampa the great

We also have the remaining acts from the poster:

Amyl and the Sniffers, Arlo Parks, Black Midi, Caroline Polachek, Courtney Barrett, Doja Cat, Dry Cleaning, Emma Jean Thackeray, First Aid Kit, Four Tet, Gabriels, Ghetts, Girl in Red, Holly Humberstone, Idles, Inhaler, Jessie Ware, Joy Crookes, Koffee, Leon Bridges, Lorde, Megan Thee Stallion, Metronomy, Mitski, Olivia Rodrigo, Phoebe Bridgers, Plant & Krauss, Roision Murphy, Self Esteen, Sleaford Mods, Sigrid,

St Vincent, Tems, Turnstile, Warmdouscher, Wet Leg, Wolf Alice, Yves Tumour

Not adding up for me that John Peel - who do you have as your headliners then? Burna Boy, Charlie XCX, Glass Animals and Primal Scream are all very solid headliners for it I think. Glass Animals on other i reckon

49 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Buzzing for Dermot Kennedy as the missing sub then. Obviously she was a bump up but looks like Christine & the Queens didn't sub Electric Picnic in 2019 while they were an Other stage headliner and Foals were in the same batch of names as Wolf Alice on the 2020 poster, so there is precedent for Glastonbury/Electric Picnic not always matching up. 

Royal Blood seem to be promoting their UK tour quite a lot at the moment so that could be a reason for leaving them off the poster but as you say, we've had info that they're probably not playing. It's still a bit odd that they haven't been announced for any UK festivals though.  

genuinely it’s important to remember electric picnic is a different festival in a different country with a different market, and things don’t always exactly correlate. Wolf Alice being billed higher at Glastonbury than EP makes perfect sense to me (still don’t they’re pyramid sub tho).

I know this goes against what I want but I wonder if she’s headlining JP.

Primal Scream we’re subbing it last time we think. Perhaps they weren’t bumped to headliner and they’ve put someone above?

Phoebe could also do a secret park set Friday and then play the pyramid on the sat?

Edited by Matt42