Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

Four tet is john peel or sonic headliner for me

talk of him playing an outdoor stage not in the dark is incredibly unlikely in my opinion. Dont see him agreeing to that in the slightest.

he could headline park if its to be an outdoor stage but daylight is out of the question for me.

he is doing a 5 hour set in a london park that will start in the light but end in the dark. Assuming its 90 mins, its going to need to be dark. Plus they can get inflatable balloons / balls out in the audience then

Edited by Memory Man

25 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

talk of him playing an outdoor stage not in the dark is incredibly unlikely in my opinion. Dont see him agreeing to that in the slightest.

he could headline park if its to be an outdoor stage but daylight is out of the question for me.

he is doing a 5 hour set in a london park that will start in the light but end in the dark. Assuming its 90 mins, its going to need to be dark. Plus they can get inflatable balloons / balls out in the audience then

He was playing in the light at parklife last year 

Just now, Muppetmark said:

He was playing in the light at parklife last year 

Putting him in a tent at parklife would be crazy tho as he is massive. Plus thats a dance festival mainly, glasto main stages are live acts. Not really comparable imo, they wont put a dj set on a main stage not headlining it. 

On 3/5/2022 at 12:29 PM, incident said:

In particular I'll be stunned if Flo hasn't played at least one decent sized (non-Glastonbury) UK or Ireland date by the end of September and wouldn't rule out her being announced for EP and/or Wilderness, which both reveal their lineups on Thursday.

We can. As I said, there was no chance of Wilderness, Other stage subs/WHs headliners at the max.

4 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Where’s Four Tet here? Has to be on a bigger stage than last time - wouldn’t be one of the dance stages and be on first poster. 

Weren’t Groove Armada on the first poster in 2020 and not on a main stage?

3 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

That would push Angelique down to third, Nightmares on Wax to fourth and Snarky Puppy (who are playing Wembly Arena) down to fifth?? Seems unlikely to me....

Is Angelique Kidjo really a West Holts sub?

19 hours ago, gfa said:

Bicep are growing so fast I reckon they will be in Canada soon enough - so i'd go Kendrick. You won't get the crowd for Bicep in Canada/the US like you will here though I think

I also think Bicep won't bring nearly as much of a production to Canada if they do come here. It really does seem like they are only going to NYC and LA on this tour though.

5 hours ago, nikkic said:

I know we all have different opinions on where acts will place and who is bigger etc etc

But......

Isn't is just fucking ace to be able to discuss all this with supreme confidence the festival is actually going ahead this year?!

Just over 3 months and we'll all be there, in the sun, cider in hand having the fucking time of our lives!!!!

Maybe we will 😔

2 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Putting him in a tent at parklife would be crazy tho as he is massive. Plus thats a dance festival mainly, glasto main stages are live acts. Not really comparable imo, they wont put a dj set on a main stage not headlining it. 

parklife got rid of all their tents that year and every stage was open air.

4 hours ago, Memory Man said:

The perfect stage would surely be iicon..  such an incredible stage without any big names. Nightmares on wax too please.

• Upvote 1

Who do we think are on the undercards for each stage? And who do we have no idea about?

Think most of the headliners and subs can be deduced now (with a few notable exceptions!), but theres a lot of artists and bands that I would definitely have trouble ranking in terms of popularity / size of stage... 

I'd say the West Holts is relatively easy but the others could be a real mix

My guesses for you to pull apart: 

Py - Rufus W, Arlo Parks, Sigrid, Kacey M, Herbie H, Jessie W
O - St Vincent, Roisin Murphy, Griff, Dry Cleaning, Idles
JP - black midi, Inhaler, Gabriels, Caroline Palochek, beabadoobee
P - girl in red, Mitski, Clairo, Khruangbin 

59 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

No

Yeah thought that was a wild one. Got her half way down the stage on my predictions.

Bicep / Nightmares on Wax / Snarky Puppy (never heard of these but they’re playing Wembley Arena somehow!) / Angelique Kidjo is what I had.

44 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Yeah thought that was a wild one. Got her half way down the stage on my predictions.

Bicep / Nightmares on Wax / Snarky Puppy (never heard of these but they’re playing Wembley Arena somehow!) / Angelique Kidjo is what I had.

They got some big hits for a jazz band

This one has 29 million views on youtube!