Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

7 minutes ago, sisco said:

Wolf Alice - add in the usual friends of the festival, British, Female Fronted etc….

They can sub 

No I think what’s going on here is they an efestivals darling so we are inflating their chances. I just think it’s unlikely.

Wolf Alice have history with Glastonbury (to a certain extent) and were booked for the Pilton thing weren't they? That normally results in a big slot at Glastonbury the following year. I feel like Sam Fender would just be happy to play for the first time and would accept a lower slot.

They feel about the same size these days as the xx when they subbed Radiohead. 

Edited by Guy Incognito

2 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

They feel about the same size these days as the xx when they subbed Radiohead. 

Hard disagree. The XX were either subbing or headlining festivals all over the world when they did it. Wolf Alice are nowhere near that.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Friday

Pyramid: Billie Eilish // TBA // Elbow // Olivia Rodrigo // Kacey Musgraves // Crowded House // Rufus Wainwright

Other Stage: Foals // Wolf Alice // Supergrass // Blossoms

West Holts: Leon Bridges // Bonobo

John Peel: Primal Scream // St Vincent

Park: Phoebe Bridgers // First Aid Kit

Saturday

Pyramid: Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds // HAIM // Robert Plant & Alison Krauss // Sigrid 

Other: TBA // Megan Thee Stallion // Glass Animals // Fontaines D.C

West Holts: Little Simz // TLC

John Peel: Burna Boy // Ghetts

Park: Caribou // Khruangbin

Sunday

Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar // Doja Cat // Lorde // Diana Ross // Arlo Parks // Herbie Hancock

Other Stage: Pet Shop Boys // Years & Years // Sam Fender // Idles 

West Holts: Bicep // Nightmares on Wax

John Peel: Charli XCX // Jessie Ware

Park: Roisin Murphy // Courtney Barnett

Slim pickings for me on that Friday. The two acts I’d definitely want to see are (Wolf Alice and Bonobo) are clashing! Bloody typical. 

56 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Actually, looking at the clashfinder I'm really struggling to sort the West Holts lineup, there are too many big acts on that stage... Seun Kuti surely must be a sub, but also feel like if Leon Bridges is headlining then Khruangbin must be subbing them, and we already have a packed Sunday lineup, so just a bit confused...

That would be hugely surprising imo, think he’s a low day time slot?

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Friday

Pyramid: Billie Eilish // TBA // Elbow // Olivia Rodrigo // Kacey Musgraves // Crowded House // Rufus Wainwright

Other Stage: Foals // Wolf Alice // Supergrass // Blossoms

West Holts: Leon Bridges // Bonobo

John Peel: Primal Scream // St Vincent

Park: Phoebe Bridgers // First Aid Kit

Saturday

Pyramid: Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds // HAIM // Robert Plant & Alison Krauss // Sigrid 

Other: TBA // Megan Thee Stallion // Glass Animals // Fontaines D.C

West Holts: Little Simz // TLC

John Peel: Burna Boy // Ghetts

Park: Caribou // Khruangbin

Sunday

Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar // Doja Cat // Lorde // Diana Ross // Arlo Parks // Herbie Hancock

Other Stage: Pet Shop Boys // Years & Years // Sam Fender // Idles 

West Holts: Bicep // Nightmares on Wax

John Peel: Charli XCX // Jessie Ware

Park: Roisin Murphy // Courtney Barnett

Where’s Four Tet here? Has to be on a bigger stage than last time - wouldn’t be one of the dance stages and be on first poster. 

3 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Where’s Four Tet here? Has to be on a bigger stage than last time - wouldn’t be one of the dance stages and be on first poster. 

Perhaps he’s a WH sub or headlining the park with Caribou subbing it.

Put Nightmares on Wax as a WH sub but they could be third easily.

Just now, MaxPower said:

Nah he's just doing his usual early start in Stonebridge but they chucked him on the poster for lols.

I can't seem to find the stage specific playlists from 2020 so I can't remember where he was going to be then, if he's on West Holts he could easily be 3rd or 4th down.

35 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

No I think what’s going on here is they an efestivals darling so we are inflating their chances. I just think it’s unlikely.

They're hardly efests darlings, they're not even really niche. They just won best group at the very mainstream Brit Awards, for example. I think they're 3rd down Pyramid but possibly sub, personally.

1 minute ago, mcshed said:

Nah he's just doing his usual early start in Stonebridge but they chucked him on the poster for lols.

I can't seem to find the stage specific playlists from 2020 so I can't remember where he was going to be then, if he's on West Holts he could easily be 3rd or 4th down.

It was sonic last time - basically had to buy a ticket in advance to get in.

think he’s headlining JP on Friday or Saturday.

Edited by MaxPower

1 minute ago, mcshed said:

No way he's 3rd or 4th down on WH, he sold out Ally Pally twice over and multiple Brixton dates. 

I reckon it's either.....

JP headline
Park headline 
WH sub

4 minutes ago, mcshed said:

I've tracked the playlists down and he wasn't on any of them, so if he is on a main stage it's a new addition for 2022. Somebody in the electronica thread said he was doing Pangea.

2 minutes ago, nikkic said:

No way he's 3rd or 4th down on WH, he sold out Ally Pally twice over and multiple Brixton dates. 

I reckon it's either.....

JP headline
Park headline 
WH sub

Brixton dates sell out in minutes too - friend of fest (based on how much he plays), headlined UK festivals, absolutely smashes festival sets, his lost village set got a lot of hype. 

34 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

ol' Four Naan subbing Bicep on West Holts seems like the obvious choice for me 

That would push Angelique down to third, Nightmares on Wax to fourth and Snarky Puppy (who are playing Wembly Arena) down to fifth?? Seems unlikely to me....