Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

1 hour ago, gfa said:

glad to be of service. may as well just say now but i literally just commented on their instagram asking what stage and then their management dmed me and said. luckily they said the day too as we could have fully thought it was saturday WH haha

Ah have they confirmed west holts as well then?

15 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Saw something dubious in the SE corner that made you change your mind and turn back? Don't worry mate we've all been there.

Just went in for a quick look for about 40 minutes, was my first Glasto but wanted to see what it was about. I was really tired so can't remember much about it at all. I'm going to make sure to check out the late night stuff this year a lot more than last time. At the end of a really hot day I didn't have much energy to stay up late, so just had an introductory look at what was going on at Arcadia and SE Corner.

19 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Is this even humanly possible?

Suprisingly yes, if your not fussed about seeing anything specific there and just want to roam around for a bit. Jon Hopkins played for about 90 minutes. So we watched the first 30 minutes or so, then went in the SE corner for about 40 minutes, then watched the last 20 minutes of his set. Will definitely spend more time there this year. I'll need to conserve my energy if it's hot, as I was on my feet for pretty much the whole time I was awake during the weekend. Didn't sit down much, or take time in the shade,  and was dashing back and forth between sets for hours at a time.

6 minutes ago, Miyn said:

I'm going to make sure to check out the late night stuff this year a lot more than last time

Good idea mate. It's definitely worth setting aside a couple of nights to properly explore the SE corner. I normally have big ones down there on Thursday and Saturday. Even if you just chose two venues to spend lots of time in over a night (i.e the common and block 9) you're bound to have a sick time. 

Also fully understand the tiredness thing. I wasn't there in 2019 but in 2016 I found it very hard to do long nights in the SE corner due to the effect of wading through deep sticky mud all day.  

Edited by Guy Incognito

I didn't enjoy Hopkins that much, but that's mainly because I got myself in completely the wrong headspace for him. It was Friday night and I wanted wall to wall bangers, so entirely my own fault for not checking out his live show and going in with the wrong expectations.

Big tunes at the end as @MaxPowersays, but too late for me by then. Came out of Dub Pistols absolutely buzzing so the dip at the start of Jopkins just killed my vibe.

But then I saw him last year knowing a bit more of what to expect, and he was absolutely fantastic. 

19 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Have we had any info on what day Primal Scream are playing?  Trying to work out whether I need to buy a ticket for a Screamadelica show, or enjoy it on the farm.

Tbf I've seen them twice and the majority of the sets were Screamadelica songs so you'd see a fair chunk I'd imagine 

48 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Was hoping for Bicep Saturday as that would almost certainly mean Simz Friday.

If Simbi has pulled out of that French festival then chances are she’s planning to watch/perform with Kendrick, which may make Saturday more likely for her and banjax my hopes of seeing her.

Imo either Megan or Doja are gonna headline Other that night so I don’t think they’d stick Simz on at the same time, but that’s of course just speculation as that Saturday Other slot is wide open.

22 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Imo either Megan or Doja are gonna headline Other that night so I don’t think they’d stick Simz on at the same time, but that’s of course just speculation as that Saturday Other slot is wide open.

I reckon Doja is on pyramid and Megan is other sub.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I reckon Doja is on pyramid and Megan is other sub.

Tbh that would be my thinking too but I just don’t know who could be the missing headliner, and Megan or Doja in for Dua seems a pretty decent switch around considering Emily said they’d tried to have more female stage headliners. 

36 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Who do you think is the missing Other headliner then? I know you think we're missing a Pyramid sub, are you expecting two big additions or someone already on the lineup?

I’ve got a hunch it’s someone getting a bump up. I suggested Burna Boy but that wasn’t popular.

Now we know our WH headliners it looks like Burna Boy isn’t there.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’ve got a hunch it’s someone getting a bump up. I suggested Burna Boy but that wasn’t popular.

Now we know our WH headliners it looks like Burna Boy isn’t there.

Do we know our WH headliners? We've got Little Simz and Bicep, but the third is still up for grabs unless I've missed something.

5 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Do we know our WH headliners? We've got Little Simz and Bicep, but the third is still up for grabs unless I've missed something.

No, we don’t.

edit: and the one most others are, I think, predicting (Leon Bridges) could easily play elsewhere, like mid-Pyramid or Other.

Edited by Somto Unigwe Raphael

5 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Leon Bridges? Bonobo? 

They usually have a slightly older / heritage act on there but nothing stands out. 

Who was it meant to be last time out? Thom Yorke, Isleys, Kano? Agree that we're probably missing one then, unless they go double electronic duty (which isn't out of the question tbh). 

I'd have suggested Khruangbin might be in the mix (headlining EOTR), but as they played WH last time, I dunno... 

Edited by Tuna

12 hours ago, sisco said:

So we now need to start messaging every act.

Well done matey

Good thing i did as we would have been stuck with a pretty major act (and the wh vs other argument) for a few months.

11 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Ah have they confirmed west holts as well then?

Yes they did