Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

12 hours ago, nikkic said:

Bonobo being there means a Bicep bump makes sense.

Other - Bicep
WH - Bonobo
Park - Caribou
JP - Four Tet

God that would suck, the latter 3 are all on my “must see” list, and my group will 100% want Bicep, who I’ve seen double figure times including Field day last year.

surely they wouldn’t all be playing same time same day?

3 hours ago, MaxPower said:

God that would suck, the latter 3 are all on my “must see” list, and my group will 100% want Bicep, who I’ve seen double figure times including Field day last year.

surely they wouldn’t all be playing same time same day?

Ah I didn’t mean the same day, just which stage I can see them landing on!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TownesMR said:

I don't think Bonobo will play last, but second last on a stage. Like Caribou 2015 on WH.

He already played that slot in 2014 below Disclosure, although I wouldn’t be too surprised to see him do it again. His music doesn’t scream stage headliner to me. 

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

While true, WH have gone down the downtempo headline path before with James Blake and Jon Hopkins - and Thom Yorke was hardly going to be a party either.

They have, but I think that’s Bicep job this year. Not having it that they’re headlining Other like some have gotten carried away with on here. Justice 2017 all over again. 

Just now, Chrisp1986 said:

Where are people placing Supergrass? Is it mid afternoon Other fodder or can we see them as the 'secret' opener replacing HM?

Also, are we placing the female solos like Celeste, Griff?

Supergrass either sub or third down Other. I mean, they’d fit that Other opener slot perfectly tbh, but reckon they’ll stay near the top like they were supposed to do in 2020.

Celeste high West Holts. Griff mid Other or high John Peel.

38 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Where are people placing Supergrass? Is it mid afternoon Other fodder or can we see them as the 'secret' opener replacing HM?

Yes I think despite everything Supergrass might have held onto their stupidly high other slot 😂

40 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Bit harsh IMO. Miles better than your the usual Courteeners / Vaccines etc.

53 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yes I think despite everything Supergrass might have held onto their stupidly high other slot 😂

Good relationship with the fest, their reunion came at Pilton Party didn't it? So must be relatively close to the Eavii so might be owed a favour

9 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Supergrass, Khruangbin and Nightmares on Wax should all be nailed for the ‘have a spot of tea, a recharge and a foot tap’ slots. Sensible, functional programming.

If they’re not billed at 6-7.30pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday we will simply have to request a do-over.

(Robert Plant & Alison Krauss would fill this nicely too but think you risk a late lunch that way)

Is nightmares on wax not pure gurner material? What do you put in your tea?

Tbh my favourite song of theirs is a house classic so maybe I don’t know too much more of what they do.

My go at stage headliners. I am going to take a punt I’ve missed someone as there’s so many fecking options

Pyramid: Billie, Macca, Kendrick (obv)

Other: Foals, Bicep, Pet Shop Boys

West Holts: Bonbo, Little Simz, Leon Bridges

John Peel: Primal Scream, Ghetts, Charli XCX

Park: Caribou, Phoebe Bridgers, Roisin Murphy 

Edited by Matt42

35 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Supergrass, Khruangbin and Nightmares on Wax should all be nailed for the ‘have a spot of tea, a recharge and a foot tap’ slots. Sensible, functional programming.

If they’re not billed at 6-7.30pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday we will simply have to request a do-over.

(Robert Plant & Alison Krauss would fill this nicely too but think you risk a late lunch that way)

Agreed, Supergrass are the perfect 6pm act to get you warmed up for the evening to come.

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

Roísín Murphy headlining the Park is quite a compelling shout. Saw her the other year in Manchester and she relied on some sparkly visuals + the new album is disco heavy, so gut check says she’ll use the cloak of darkness within the JP. But her profile fits the Park really well too.

Another poster has mentioned that right now Sunday is bereft of a rock option - might suggest a swap afoot.

This could be how the chips fall for headliner and sub in JP:

Fri: Four Tet / Roísín

Sat: Charli XCX / Ghetts

Sun: Primal Scream / Fontaines

Was there a rock option Sunday night 2017? Can’t remember there being one. 

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I don’t see Ghetts as a headliner myself. He’s got longevity and his new material is the most popular of his career, but he doesn’t feel established as a night-closer in the same vein as Kano, BBK, etc.

If you were minded to say one of those two headlines the JP, I reckon BB. I’m leaning towards Burna Boy subbing the WH at present though.

The thing is Burna boy is quite big. I’m not completely certain it means he has to headline a stage, I just think he could pull a crowd amongst some competitive options.

He’s billed quite high at wireless isn’t he?

Its hard to predict when you know some acts are going to be low balled a bit.

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Was there a rock option Sunday night 2017? Can’t remember there being one. 

Metronomy headlined JP. It’s more that they always seem to book a band for 6music dads to headline JP (Suede, Interpol, Editors) whenever there’s hip-hop on the Pyramid (Kanye, Stormzy, Kendrick), so I think they’ll do the same again. 

Roisin Murphy as a Park headliner is an interesting one, I was thinking she could sub it but she could well headline it. I’m expecting Ghetts to be high JP but not headlining and a move to WH or maybe early evening Other stage for Burna Boy.

@Ddiamondd’s JP suggestion there looks pretty good. Chuck Jessie Ware, Jesus and Mary Chain and Clairo or Caroline Polachek in there and you have some decent top three’s.