Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

3 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Caribou, Phoebe Bridgers, First Aid Kit, Four Tet, St. Vincent, Big Thief and Courtney Barnett look varying shades of likely.

Losing both Manics and London Grammar has scrambled the math, but educated guesses say 3 from that 6.

Where Primal Scream in that case? They looked like Park Headliners to me. JPT?

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

I think they're plenty big enough for it. I can imagine them wanting to keep Doja Cat on the Pyramid and I don't have an answer for Sam Fender but given he's playing everywhere all summer I guess he's just not bothered. 

I've changed my mind on this. Doja definitely pyramid, i think sam fender will be sub/3rd other. Potentially still to be announced though? When was the last time all 3 other headliners weren't on the main poster - given they managed to replace qotsa with foals quickly you'd think they had the other 2 unless foals got shunted over?

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Bicep would absolutely romp a headline slot on any stage. Make it Saturday night and add another 5-10,000 to the crowd as well. They’re just about the only headliner who could theoretically post up on Other, JP, WH or Park at this point.

Think it will be WH but if they replace Fatboy as the dance headliner on Other, I wouldn’t be shocked.

I just said in another thread, Bicep are on course to become the next generation Chemical Brothers - come back every 5 years or so to knock Other out the park. Given their slots at other festivals they certainly look big compared to the WH headliners being suggested.

Fwiw I’m also in this camp and only going off the information we were given to slot him there. It seems like a lowball, especially when Y&Y are subbing and Doja/Bicep are potential headliners.

Is it certain Y&Y are subbing PSB?

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Info was he’s third down Other. Agree that it seems low for him these days, but I doubt he cares and he’ll pull an absolutely ginormous crowd. He was probably just offered the same slot as 2020 and was happy to take it. 

I think sticking 3rd other and getting that huge crowd would be great for him. Could see Glass Animals doing the same or maybe somewhere on the pyramid

Ghetts, TEMS, Nightmares on Wax and a Bicep DJ set, maybe. Maybe. The rest I don't think so at all — who you got in mind?

Bicep are usually quite clear on whether its DJ or Live when they are announced. It strangely doesn't say here but considering its on the main poster and not Arcadia it will be Live you'd think.

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Everyone's already rinsed their upvotes today in the line-up frenzy, but this deserves one.

For about 5 seconds, I thought it meant coming out as the way I wrote it. I was watching a video of his Glastonbury 2019 speech yesterday and it made me think of it.

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

Bicep are already the new Orbital imo – don't think they'll ever become Chems-level icons with armfuls of nationally-known anthems and chart hits, but yeah, definitely the next up in terms of a mega live draw. We're on the same page there.

To the second point: what I mean is that they'll be headlining a stage live, but I think they'll pop up with a DJ set too.

True they definitely don't have the anthems and probably never will just because of their music style. Would like to see a DJ set.

Its such a shame all the exciting dance headliners are at the same time as the bands, i'll probably see 3 bands/solo artists and then head to djs afterwards but I would really like to see four tet / bicep etc

8 minutes ago, gfa said:

I

Bicep are usually quite clear on whether its DJ or Live when they are announced. It strangely doesn't say here but considering its on the main poster and not Arcadia it will be Live you'd think.

Does it ever say on main poster where it’s live or not? Would feel out of place imo.

it’ll be live (source: honestly dunno how many times I’ve seen Bicep in the past 10 years, maybe 9 times?)

When was the last time there wasn’t a dance headliner on the Other Stage?

2020: FBS
2019: Chems (+ The Prodigy initially)
2017: Major Lazer
2016: Disclosure
2015: Rudimental/Deadmau5/Chems
2014: Skrillex
2013: Chase and Status
2011: Chems
2010: Orbital
2009: The Prodigy
2008: Groove Armada
2007: Chems
2005: FBS
2004: Chems/Basement Jaxx/Orbital

2003 looks to be the last time it didn’t happen.

I think Bicep headline Saturday night and Doja Cat does Pyramid. They fit the bollocks I just wrote above, they’re wide-appealing youth-skewing enough to get a decent crowd even against Macca, and they fully match what Glasto did when booking C&S opposite The Stones.

Leaves me wondering if Doja Cat could actually sub Billie Eilish. Wolf Alice’s dates make Saturday look better for them than Friday so I could see them subbing Other that day instead like a lot of us had on our predictions.

4 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Does it ever say on main poster where it’s live or not? Would feel out of place imo.

it’ll be live (source: honestly dunno how many times I’ve seen Bicep in the past 10 years, maybe 9 times?)

I agree it would a tad, but it does everywhere else they play

3 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

When was the last time there wasn’t a dance headliner on the Other Stage?

2020: FBS
2019: Chems (+ The Prodigy initially)
2017: Major Lazer
2016: Disclosure
2015: Rudimental/Deadmau5/Chems
2014: Skrillex
2013: Chase and Status
2011: Chems
2010: Orbital
2009: The Prodigy
2008: Groove Armada
2007: Chems
2005: FBS
2004: Chems/Basement Jaxx/Orbital

2003 looks to be the last time it didn’t happen.

I think Bicep headline Saturday night and Doja Cat does Pyramid. They fit the bollocks I just wrote above, they’re wide-appealing youth-skewing enough to get a decent crowd even against Macca, and they fully match what Glasto did when booking C&S opposite The Stones.

Leaves me wondering if Doja Cat could actually sub Billie Eilish. Wolf Alice’s dates make Saturday look better for them than Friday so I could see them subbing Other that day instead like a lot of us had on our predictions.

This makes a lot of sense, Bicep Other it is I reckon. Definitely very wide audience compared to some other dance acts too - when I saw them at Brixton i was completely surprised by the age range there.

1 minute ago, gfa said:

I agree it would a tad, but it does everywhere else they play

This makes a lot of sense, Bicep Other it is I reckon. Definitely very wide audience compared to some other dance acts too - when I saw them at Brixton i was completely surprised by the age range there.

they're also bigger than Justice who headlined West Holts in 2017 (what a gig that was!) so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them given the step up to headline Other.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think Doja could sub Kendrick. Shouted me down for it before but now she’s confirmed it would line up with her placements at other events.

She’s subbing at most events she plays.

I don’t think anyone will be shouting down your predictions from this point forward, Matt. Not until July, anyway 😉

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I don’t think anyone will be shouting down your predictions from this point forward, Matt. Not until July, anyway 😉

I’m glad that a lot of people have realised today I’m not that much of a nutter and maybe I’ve got something to offer.

6 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I love this logic and think Bicep could make the step up.

But... Pet Shop Boys surely classify as a dance(-pop) headliner. It's not block rocking beats but it's absolutely electronic music with all the ravey lights, bells & whistles and big stage show etc.

Justice in 2017 and Disclosure in 2014 are cases of when a contemporary dance act who could have headlined the Other actually ended up with a snugger slot on WH, but still rammed it out and did well.

Would be glad to see Bicep take Saturday on the Other, if only as a marker for how far they've come. Don't reckon it's a cert though.

I was actually going to mention how for a while in 2017 we thought Justice were headlining the Other Stage and that Bicep are surely bigger than them.

I think they could still do WH but the additions of Bonobo and Four Tet to the lineup make me think they could have vacated that slot and shimmied up the bill.

Bicep need to be Friday. I want to see them. One of the few acts we as a group would all see. Diana Ross being the other.

I want to watch Kendrick, Im on my own for that... which doesnt bother me at all, but vs Bicep when all my mates bar me will be there, I'll probably go with them.

Fri Bicep

Sat Macca

Sun Kendrick

Sounds good to me that.

I would watch Primal Scream as a headliner, but Ive seen them about 8 or 9 times... so they are a fall back option rather than a must see.