Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Right, taken a running guess here using only names on the first poster. Some of these might be tour-tied for certain days, point out errors if you see them, but... 

Friday

Pyramid: Billie Eilish // Wolf Alice // Elbow // Olivia Rodrigo // Kacey Musgraves // The Waterboys // Rufus Wainwright

Other: Foals // Glass Animals // Sam Fender // Blossoms // Griff // Easy Life

West Holts: Little Simz // Celeste // Seun Kuti & Egypt 80 // Ghetts // TEMS // Snarky Puppy // Emma-Jean Thackray

John Peel: Primal Scream // Sigrid // Caroline Polachek // Clairo // Dry Cleaning // Confidence Man // Amyl & The Sniffers // Warmduscher

Park: Phoebe Bridgers // Big Thief // Self Esteem // Cate Le Bon

Saturday

Pyramid: Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds // HAIM // Robert Plant & Alison Krauss // Crowded House // Lianne La Havas

Other: Doja Cat // Four Tet // Idles // Metronomy // Declan McKenna // Mitski // Inhaler // Skunk Anansie

West Holts: Bonobo // Khruangbin // Nubya Garcia // Koffee // Greentea Peng // Angelique Kidjo

John Peel: Charli XCX // The Jesus and Mary Chain // beabadoobee // Black Midi // Turnstile // Yves Tumor

Park: Caribou // Sleaford Mods // JARV IS // Gabriels

Sunday

Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar // Lorde // Diana Ross // Megan Thee Stallion // Arlo Parks // Herbie Hancock

Other: Pet Shop Boys // Years & Years // Supergrass // Fontaines D.C // Leon Bridges // St. Vincent // Wet Leg

West Holts: Bicep // Nightmares on Wax // TLC // Sampa The Great

John Peel: Burna Boy // Roísín Murphy // Jessie Ware // TBA // Holly Humberstone // Squid

Park: First Aid Kit // Courtney Barnett // The Avalanches // Girl in Red // Joy Crookes

Looks good seeing it all laid out like this! I think some acts who haven't changed much in size will stay on their 2020 stages (Squid, Confidence Man, Lianne La Havas, Sampa the Great) but there's plenty of acts who could fit on multiple stages anyway. 

I think Courtney Barnett might be our Sunday Park headliner, we know she's playing that day and First Aid Kit are in Bristol that day. I think First Aid Kit might just end up being early afternoon Pyramid once again, they've done it twice before and it's a slot that seems to suit them. 

Four Tet is an interesting shout. I was thinking he could be a West Holts headliner alongside Bicep and Little Simz but I could see a big Other stage slot happening. 

I think there will be a guitar band headlining John Peel against Kendrick, they always seem to book an older guitar band that 6music dads like whenever there's hip-hop on the Pyramid. Fontaines DC and Idles would suit this, or maybe just Primal Scream with the days rearranged. 

I think people are going a bit overboard with this Phoebe Bridgers being a “headline exclusive” at Latitude thing.

That’s not what they said. They said she’s a festival exclusive and some people thought maybe that’s what they meant and would be the loophole.

In reality there are “exclusives” every year that end up being bollocks. Weren’t both Doja Cat and Megan Thee Stallion claimed as exclusives by Wireless? Phoebe Bridgers was probably just another lie.

51 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Ghetts, TEMS, Nightmares on Wax and a Bicep DJ set, maybe. Maybe. The rest I don't think so at all — who you got in mind?

yeah those. 😛 

9 minutes ago, MT21 said:

Where will The Avalanches play?

I think down a few on JP or Silver Hayes.

They’re sick and I’ll be there but I don’t think they’re a huge name on that poster, and defo a more tent than open air (tho I dunno how much they take such things into consideration).

1 minute ago, MaxPower said:

I think down a few on JP or Silver Hayes.

They’re sick and I’ll be there but I don’t think they’re a huge name on that poster, and defo a more tent than open air (tho I dunno how much they take such things into consideration).

Played WH last time

Having been blown away by Four Tet twice before at Lost Village festival - both up there with my favourite festival sets of all time - i'm over the moon hes announced. But for the life of me i cant work out where he'd play / where he'd be best? Cant be playing too early IMO so surely head headlining one of the stages? 

3 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I reckon efestivals is basically the only place in the world where the term 'festival exclusive' means anything 

Thing is, it does seem to vary over time.

About 10 years ago, it really started to take the piss - I remember an extreme example being Bastille announced as an exclusive at Reading - problem was a week or so earlier they'd been confirmed to headline Boardmasters.

After that, it did tighten up a lot and for a few years there exclusives did seem to mostly hold - especially if you don't count Big Weekend or R2 Hyde Park which nobody seems to.

This year, it's very much back to taking the piss again.

Just now, Ddiamondd said:

Yeah, we’re wondering the same thing in another thread atm too. He’s hard to place.

Think headlining John Peel is possible - Four Tet, Charli XCX and Primal Scream are big JP headliners if that’s the trip.

Yeah i cant imagine him playing before dusk, or atleast ending before the suns down. Yeah i think JP is the favourite surely? West holts or Park the only other options i suppose. Huge coup IMO for any of those stages to land him anyway! 

2 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Yeah i cant imagine him playing before dusk, or atleast ending before the suns down. Yeah i think JP is the favourite surely? West holts or Park the only other options i suppose. Huge coup IMO for any of those stages to land him anyway! 

Reckon there’s zero chance he’s playing before dark unless he’s playing multiple sets (which is possible). 

Feel like Kieran isn’t one to be too fussed about where he plays really other than a good light show. 

Arlo Parks and Wet Leg can be pencilled in for Friday I think, during to the way their tour is shaping up. AP is with Billie in London on Saturday, WL in Bristol on Thursday before going to Dublin on Saturday.

Inhaler have Friday down on their site (also in Dublin Saturday).

Edited by Huckleberry Finn

1 minute ago, MaxPower said:

Reckon there’s zero chance he’s playing before dark unless he’s playing multiple sets (which is possible). 

Feel like Kieran isn’t one to be too fussed about where he plays really other than a good light show. 

Probably based on my only previous experience of seeing him but ive never felt Four Tet as much as a mid-afternoon act, more of the big showstopper at the end of the day. 

Remembered after posting that hes got that 5 hour (i think?) set in Finsbury park this summer, so yeah, clearly going to be playing during the daytime. 

Regardless of where he plays i'm sure hell absolutely smash it once again! 

14 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

Not convinced on Lorde subbing pyramid - I think her stock has fallen a bit since last album - is she nailed on for Sunday?

Her stock had fallen for sure, but her all-timer 2017 set on Not El Pointo will mean she's still in the festival's good graces when it comes to where they'll stick her.