Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

1 minute ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

I haven’t read their actual announcement, just saw a breakdown someone posted where they said what the exclusives were, and Megan wasn’t written as one. Did they defo claim her as exclusive?

On the website for the days she’s playing it says UK exclusive next to her name. 

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Why would that ever happen ever?

After all the hype of the anniversary, they clearly wanted to let know people who they’d booked to play, even if it wasn’t going to happen - hence the Spotify playlists and other official leaks.  I struggle to believe that they thought the festival was genuinely going to happen, only to change their mind a week later.

1 minute ago, GrumpyRaver said:

After all the hype of the anniversary, they clearly wanted to let know people who they’d booked to play, even if it wasn’t going to happen - hence the Spotify playlists and other official leaks.  I struggle to believe that they thought the festival was genuinely going to happen, only to change their mind a week later.

You say ‘a week’ like it was an ordinary week. A lot changed in that week. 

We were being told to wash our hands at that point. We got WFH orders the following Monday. We got a three-week lockdown nearly two weeks later.

The festival was definitely 'going ahead' when it was announced. Batshit to think that the festival had some insider knowledge about the severity of COVID and then just released the lineup for a laugh.

I also don't subscribe to the belief that some amazing American acts called up and removed themselves from the lineup just before the announcement either.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah but they didn’t know it was off and just release the lineup for the sake of it.

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

We were being told to wash our hands at that point. We got WFH orders the following Monday. We got a three-week lockdown nearly two weeks later.

The festival was definitely 'going ahead' when it was announced. Batshit to think that the festival had some insider knowledge about the severity of COVID and then just released the lineup for a laugh.

I also don't subscribe to the belief that some amazing American acts called up and removed themselves from the lineup just before the announcement either.

Agree with you right up until the American point. Festivals started cancelling very soon after glasto announced (in fact days). I wouldn’t be surprised if acts asked to not be announced in the current circumstances.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Agree with you right up until the American point. Festivals started cancelling very soon after glasto announced (in fact days). I wouldn’t be surprised if acts asked to not be announced in the current circumstances.

Prove that please.

EDIT: also as Martini Police said, things escalated very quickly in the days and weeks following. So if something cancelled 15-20 days later then that's another thing.

Edited by dentalplan

Just now, dentalplan said:

Prove that please.

Coachella literally cancelled the day before the Glasto lineup dropped (March 11th). I know that’s in America but with SxSW going too, American acts would have started seeing their shows drop like flies / cancelling on what they had planned for the summer. It’s simply wrong to think that at this point some acts wouldn’t be looking at their schedules and noping out of their dates.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Coachella literally cancelled the day before the Glasto lineup dropped (March 11th). I know that’s in America but with SxSW going too, American acts would have started seeing their shows drop like flies / cancelling on what they had planned for the summer. It’s simply wrong to think that at this point some acts wouldn’t be looking at their schedules and noping out of their dates.

Coachella is in April and we're talking about what was happening mid-March.

Pyramid:

Billie - Wolf Alice - Elbow

Macca - Noel - Haim

Kendrick - Lorde - O-Rod - Diana

Other:

Foals - Idles - Supergrass

Doja Cat - Megan Thee Stallion - 

PSB - Years and Years - Sam Fender

JP:

Primal Scream, Charli XCX, Glass Animals as headliners

WH:

Little Simz, Bicep, ? as headliners

Park:

First Aid Kit, Phoebe Bridgers, Caribou as headliners

Acoustic:

Robert Plant and Alison Kraus

Edited by Hugh Jass II

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Pyramid:

Billie - Wolf Alice - Elbow

Macca - Noel - Haim

Kendrick - Lorde - O-Rod - Diana

Other:

Foals - Idles - Supergrass

Doja Cat - Megan Thee Stallion - 

PSB - Years and Years - Sam Fender

JP:

Primal Scream, Charli XCX, Glass Animals as headliners

WH:

Little Simz, Bicep, ? as headliners

Park:

First Aid Kit, Phoebe Bridgers, Caribou as headliners

Acoustic:

Robert Plant and Alison Kraus

Surely Robert Plant has to play mid afternoon on the pyramid stage. It's an insult to have him on the acoustic 

Just now, Matt42 said:

Think they might break up Doja and Megan a bit to ensure a bit of movement. Both acts have the whole weekend free so they can slot into any day really.

There'll be precious little movement between Noel and Macca so maybe they'll mirror that on the Other?

Banish anyone under the age of 25 to the wastelands of the Other stage for an evening.

Just now, Ddiamondd said:

Fuck sake lol, knew there'd be something missed. Thanks

Which is why I pray for her to be Friday. Perform Friday, break Saturday then the Birmingham gig Sunday. 

Also I reckon it would be Kendrick // Lorde // MTS // Diana Ross