Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

Just now, gfa said:

I hate to continue the conversation on the Strokes but they have Lytham Festival as their North of England exclusive. Latitude is expected to get Florence and they probably wouldn't get both in the same year - where else is actually left for The Strokes to announce?

They're in Aus during Latitude anyway. 

They could play Eden Sessions or do some other on-off somewhere. Or... support the Stones? 

Just now, gfa said:

I hate to continue the conversation on the Strokes but they have Lytham Festival as their North of England exclusive. Latitude is expected to get Florence and they probably wouldn't get both in the same year - where else is actually left for The Strokes to announce?

Eden Project?

Chances are they agreed a 'northern exclusive' because there's fuck all up here, and then they left the option open for southern shows if they came up. Then they couldn't wangle anything so the northern exclusive just becomes their English exclusive.

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

They're in Aus during Latitude anyway. 

They could play Eden Sessions or do some other on-off somewhere. Or... support the Stones? 

Hope its somewhere nearer to London than Eden Sessions. They don't really do arena shows or I'd have said that. Supporting the stones would be a very expensive support - where are stones meant to be?

Just now, dentalplan said:

Eden Project?

Chances are they agreed a 'northern exclusive' because there's fuck all up here, and then they left the option open for southern shows if they came up. Then they couldn't wangle anything so the northern exclusive just becomes their English exclusive.

Potentially yeah - that show got announced in like September so it definitely could be the case

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Then that's probably where they'll wind up given their long history of going dab down at the G.

Couldn't imagine anyone going to it, I'm a massive National fan but I'm not missing Macca for them.

It wouldn't even be like The Stones v Chase & Status where at least there was a broad difference in genres and demographics.

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Eden Project?

Any more all points east or Finsbury Park maybe

3 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

Any more all points east or Finsbury Park maybe

Finsbury has wireless then a full weekend of single gigs/community festival comeback. Definitely not APE, the only free date is a sunday they are in the US on.

Eden Sessions not a bad shout although i can't see any reason why it wouldn't have already been announced

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Couldn't imagine anyone going to it, I'm a massive National fan but I'm not missing Macca for them.

It wouldn't even be like The Stones v Chase & Status where at least there was a broad difference in genres and demographics.

🙋🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I was going to TC Salah this week then forgot to. Cost me top place in our league.

Spaffed it. Bloke in our league kept banging on about how he’s gonna TC Trent and smash it. He spent Wednesday night crying. This was funny, though.

EA13D99D-4EA5-45B0-B5FB-A872A2F41589.jpeg.e4ce653ce308aa5218bcf76aa294f467.jpeg

Macca v The National would be absolutely disgusting. Would be missing one of my favourite bands of all time in the spot I'd most like to see them in, but it would have to be done. And a lot of National fans would feel this way, so yeah, it would be a terrible idea. Get them on against Kendrick instead (I'd say Billie but we know that isn't happening). 

14 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

A clash between Pet Shop & Macca is even more hard and to be honest. I can imagine a way younger crowd for The National while PSB and Macca is a generational clash.

Macca v National is a genre clash. There aren’t going to be many National fans who wouldn’t be interested in seeing Paul McCartney.l, especially as this is likely to be one of the last chances to see him in such a massive setting. Hell most of the band would probably prefer to be there.

Following up my earlier post with a stage break down. @kingcrawler’s gave a lot of inspiration. Spelling checked for @Somto Unigwe Raphael’s benefit

Friday

Pyramid: Billie Eilish // Harry Styles // Elbow // Olivia Rodrigo // Kacey Musgraves // The Waterboys // Rufus Wainwright

Other: Foals // Wolf Alice // Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals // Blossoms // Supergrass // Griff // Anna Calvi // Pinkpantheress // Happy Mondays

West Holts: Little Simz // Thundercat // Celeste // Seun Kuti

John Peel: Burna Boy // Primal Scream // St Vincent // Clairo // Caroline Polachek // Jehnny Beth // Alfie Templeman // The Big Moon // Hot Milk

Park: Caribou // Big Thief // Goldfrapp // Self Esteem // Dry Cleaning

Acoustic: Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott

Saturday

Pyramid: Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds // HAIM // Robert Plant & Alison Krauss // Kelis // Imelda May // Candi Staton

Other: Dua Lipa // Megan Thee Stallion // AJ Tracey // Fontaines D.C // Mabel // Declan McKenna // The Lightning Seeds // Nadine Shah // Skunk Anansie

West Holts: Michael Kiwanuka // Arlo Parks // Tom Misch & Yussuf Dayes // Black Uhuru 

John Peel: Glass Animals // Aitch // Jessie Ware // The Jesus and Mary Chain // beabadoobee // tones and I // Etc winner

Park: Manic Street Preachers // Phoebe Bridgers // JARV IS… // Sampa The Great // Yard Act // Baxter Dury // The Orielles

Acoustic: Suzanne Vega

Sunday

Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar // Jack White // Lorde // Diana Ross // The Specials // Crowded House // Herbie Hancock // Black Dyke Band 

Other: Pet Shop Boys // Years & Years // Sam Fender // IDLES // Maneskin // Metronomy // Inhaler // The Staves // TBA

West Holts: Fatboy Slim // TLC // Khruangbin //  Mavis Staples // Nubya Garcia // Richard Dawson

John Peel: Charli XCX // Editors // TBA // Rina Sawayama // Confidence Man // BANKS // Holly Humberstone

Park: London Grammar // Courtney Barnett // Laura Marling // The Avalanches // Girl in Red // Squid // Goat Girl

Acoustic: The Undertones

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Following up my earlier post with a stage break down. @kingcrawler’s gave a lot of inspiration. Spelling checked for @Somto Unigwe Raphael’s benefit

Friday

Pyramid: Billie Eilish // Harry Styles // Elbow // Olivia Rodrigo // Kacey Musgraves // The Waterboys // Rufus Wainwright

Other: Foals // Wolf Alice // Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals // Blossoms // Supergrass // Griff // Anna Calvi // Pinkpantheress // Happy Mondays

West Holts: Little Simz // Thundercat // Celeste // Seun Kuti

John Peel: Burna Boy // Primal Scream // St Vincent // Clairo // Caroline Polachek // Jehnny Beth // Alfie Templeman // The Big Moon // Hot Milk

Park: Caribou // Big Thief // Goldfrapp // Self Esteem // Dry Cleaning

Acoustic: Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott

Saturday

Pyramid: Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds // HAIM // Robert Plant & Alison Krauss // Kelis // Imelda May // Candi Staton

Other: Dua Lipa // Megan Thee Stallion // AJ Tracey // Fontaines D.C // Mabel // Declan McKenna // The Lightning Seeds // Nadine Shah // Skunk Anansie

West Holts: Michael Kiwanuka // Arlo Parks // Tom Misch & Yussuf Dayes // Black Uhuru 

John Peel: Glass Animals // Aitch // Jessie Ware // The Jesus and Mary Chain // beabadoobee // tones and I // Etc winner

Park: Manic Street Preachers // Phoebe Bridgers // JARV IS… // Sampa The Great // Yard Act // Baxter Dury // The Orielles

Acoustic: Suzanne Vega

Sunday

Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar // Jack White // Lorde // Diana Ross // The Specials // Crowded House // Herbie Hancock // Black Dyke Band 

Other: Pet Shop Boys // Years & Years // Sam Fender // IDLES // Maneskin // Metronomy // Inhaler // The Staves // TBA

West Holts: Fatboy Slim // TLC // Khruangbin //  Mavis Staples // Nubya Garcia // Richard Dawson

John Peel: Charli XCX // Editors // TBA // Rina Sawayama // Confidence Man // BANKS // Holly Humberstone

Park: London Grammar // Courtney Barnett // Laura Marling // The Avalanches // Girl in Red // Squid // Goat Girl

Acoustic: The Undertones

Burna Boy exclusive to Wireless apparently so hopefully can dab him down for someone good. Although it’ll probably just be Editors in as headliners, don’t see why they’d get bumped down.

Just now, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Burna Boy exclusive to Wireless apparently so hopefully can dab him down for someone good. Although it’ll probably just be Editors in as headliners, don’t see why they’d get bumped down.

Thanks! Missed that.

Wireless are claiming fucking everyone as exclusive. Can we believe them after Megan?

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Thanks! Missed that.

Wireless are claiming fucking everyone as exclusive. Can we believe them after Megan?

I haven’t read their actual announcement, just saw a breakdown someone posted where they said what the exclusives were, and Megan wasn’t written as one. Did they defo claim her as exclusive?