Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

13 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I'm surprised Dave doesn't get more of a mention on folks lineup predictions.

Was a big hit in 2019 and has released another great album since...

Tour finishes in America at the end of May.

I do think he will be there too as he isn’t exclusive to R&L. I was originally thinking of him as a Friday sub. 

1 hour ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Is it common for an R&L headliner to play lower down on the bill at Glastonbury in the same year?

Not really. Foals/Disclosure in 16 (who were co-headliners anyway) and Libs in 14 (who were a last minute addition and unadvertised). Not to say it never happens, but they’re edge cases when it does.

Dave more in the mixer for topping 23 I’d say. 

Edited by balthazarstarbuck

3 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Did we get any reliable info on days/stages for the 2020 line-up, off the back of the poster? Can't remember

Not with the poster, but they did release Spotify (or whatever service it was) playlists later on which were split by stage. Would imagine the list is kicking around somewhere.

22 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Did we get any reliable info on days/stages for the 2020 line-up, off the back of the poster? Can't remember

18 minutes ago, incident said:

Not with the poster, but they did release Spotify (or whatever service it was) playlists later on which were split by stage. Would imagine the list is kicking around somewhere.

The playlists are still up if you search. I assume they’re all in the same format as this one (cba to check). They did JP, Park, WH and Other iirc.

C6547070-84E4-4924-95CC-38CC45A34831.png

24 minutes ago, mufcok said:

The main stage playlists are all here: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/listen-to-our-john-peel-stage-2020-playlist/

I can’t remember much beyond the headliners but I think our general consensus on headliners was this for each day:

Py: Kendrick Lamar, Paul McCartney, Taylor Swift
WH: Thom Yorke TMB, The Isley Brothers, Kano
JP: Editors, Primal Scream, Charli XCX
Pa: Manic Street Preachers, Caribou, London Grammar

15 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

This was about as accurate as we got

https://clashfinder.com/m/ripg2020/

Not quite right. Supergrass were on Friday other.

The rest of it is pretty solid though. I don’t think we knew who was playing below Taylor and after Diana (if it was not the Specials). Still a mystery to this day.

Edited by Matt42

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Not quite right. Supergrass were on Friday other.

The rest of it is pretty solid though. I don’t think we knew who was playing below Taylor and after Diana (if it was not the Specials). Still a mystery to this day.

Weren’t Mumfords mentioned at the time and they dropped a few hints they were playing. Obviously not now. 

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Weren’t Mumfords mentioned at the time and they dropped a few hints they were playing. Obviously not now. 

Never mentioned in contention for the sub slot with confidence. They’ve played the festival before as Gentleman of The Road in a tiny tent. I don’t think a surprise set from them necessarily means pyramid stage.

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m not convinced mainly because they’ve done secret sets before at it was not a sub. Be more inventive! 

Exactly, they've done secret sets before. Why would Emily mention them specifically if they were just being shunted away daytime JP or somewhere?

My theory is that they, as a headline sized act and former headliner, were going to do a special guest slot just before Taylor as part of the big 5-0 celebrations. A Mumfords-Taylor double would have been massive.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Exactly, they've done secret sets before. Why would Emily mention them specifically if they were just being shunted away daytime JP or somewhere?

My theory is that they, as a headline sized act and former headliner, were going to do a special guest slot just before Taylor as part of the big 5-0 celebrations. A Mumfords-Taylor double would have been massive.

She didn’t mention them? Mumfords themselves said to the BBC they were due to play.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

She didn’t mention them? Mumfords themselves said to the BBC they were due to play.

You’re right, thought she did. Billy Banjo’s exact words below, sounds like it was more than a daytime JP set. Again, why make a big deal of it otherwise?

Marcus Mumford, who was due to play a surprise set with Mumford and Sons at the festival, said he was gutted to be missing out.

"It would sort of be alright if it was anything other than Glastonbury," he told BBC Breakfast, "but Glastonbury for us, especially as a band, we always set out hearts on it.

"You know, it's the highlight. It's the best festival in the world."

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

You’re right, thought she did. Billy Banjo’s exact words below, sounds like it was more than a daytime JP set. Again, why make a big deal of it otherwise?

Marcus Mumford, who was due to play a surprise set with Mumford and Sons at the festival, said he was gutted to be missing out.

"It would sort of be alright if it was anything other than Glastonbury," he told BBC Breakfast, "but Glastonbury for us, especially as a band, we always set out hearts on it.

"You know, it's the highlight. It's the best festival in the world."

Was it made a big deal? All he said was he was due to play a surprise set. The BBC picked it up and made it a big deal.

There we’re clearly more acts signed up for 2020 we didn’t hear about. Maybe they will turn up in the 2022 lineup or will be lost in the ether. But when you put the stage predictions for 2020 together you notice pretty soon that some big acts could have been added in. I think we were even missing an other sub or two in 2020 - considering that we don’t think Robyn or Dizzie would sub it now.

Also with Aerosmith being left off they had space for some more big hitters deffo.

Edited by Matt42

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Was it made a big deal? All he said was he was due to play a surprise set. The BBC picked it up and made it a big deal.

There we’re clearly more acts signed up for 2020 we didn’t hear about. Maybe they will turn up in the 2022 lineup or will be lost in the ether. But when you put the stage predictions for 2020 together you notice pretty soon that some big acts could have been added in. I think we were even missing an other sub or two in 2020 - considering that we don’t think Robyn or Dizzie would sub it now.

Also with Aerosmith being left off they had space for some more big hitters deffo.

A85941D0-CCC9-4F79-A446-CD81D6531227.thumb.jpeg.2703e042e889446b366784e7ba307f62.jpeg

the hint Mumfords were on the pyramid 

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Who else could it have been though? Think we can all agree that there was a sub missing from the lineups and that Sunday sub slot felt the opportune time for a big celebratory moment. Maybe bring a former headliner back for an unannounced set…

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Who else could it have been though? Think we can all agree that there was a sub missing from the lineups and that Sunday sub slot felt the opportune time for a big celebratory moment. Maybe bring a former headliner back for an unannounced set…

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one.

First time anybody has described the banjo lads like this surely?!