Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

17 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Bicep & Simz both recently sold out 3 nights at Brixton each, I'd definitely say that'd put both of them in the picture (by contrast, Janelle didnt even sell out Wembley Arena when she headlined)

I mean bicep are massive but because I used to see them at 100 people venues I can’t picture it. You’re right though.

I feel like Little Simz could still sub it. They tend to give the breakout acts of the year that sort of slot.

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I feel like Little Simz could still sub it. They tend to give the breakout acts of the year that sort of slot.

Yeah she's kind of an act who's breaking out in a big way. They don't tend to want to put acts like that into headliner clashes as any Pyramid headliner will swallow up a lot of her crowd. Subbing West Holts or earlier on in the day on a bigger outdoor stage and it's ideal.

51 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I mean bicep are massive but because I used to see them at 100 people venues I can’t picture it. You’re right though.

Tbh Bicep are big enough to headline the other stage I reckon.  They'd certainly be in danger of filling up West Holts.

Whilst obviously not as big as Chemical Brothers after isles and their recent tour it's hard to see where else they might actually go, apart from the other stage. 

They did sub for Jamie xx at a festival last summer and 2019 had a pretty tiny crowd for Christine and the queen's comparatively for her slot.

14 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Nuts, right? I remember seeing them DJ to an empty pub in Hackney on NYE in like 2012?

Friday:

Pyramid: Billie Eilish / HAIM / J. Cole / Robert Plant & Alison Kraus / Kacey Musgraves / Pierce O’Brien

Other: Queens of the Stone Age / Wolf Alice / IDLES / … / Happy Mondays

West Holts: Little Simz / Arlo Parks

John Peel: Editors / The Jesus and Mary Chain / Tribes

Park: Caribou / Big Thief / black midi

Saturday:

Pyramid: Paul McCartney / Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds / Aerosmith / Sigrid

Other: Lorde / AJ Tracey / Glass Animals / Self Esteem

West Holts: Bicep / Sons of Kemet

John Peel: Charli XCX / FKA Twigs

Park: Manic Street Preachers / Special Guests (The Smile)

Sunday:

Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar / Royal Blood / The Specials / Diana Ross / Crowded House / Herbie Hancock

Other: Pet Shop Boys / Sam Fender / London Grammar / Fontaines D.C. / Måneskin  

West Holts: Some old fucker / TLC

John Peel: Primal Scream / Rina Sawayama / Parquet Courts / Special Guests (Casa Bien)

Park: Phoebe Bridgers / Shame / Black Country, New Road

2 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Friday:

Pyramid: Billie Eilish / HAIM / J. Cole / Robert Plant & Alison Kraus / Kacey Musgraves / Pierce O’Brien

Saturday:

Pyramid: Paul McCartney / Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds / Aerosmith / Sigrid

Sunday:

Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar / Royal Blood / The Specials / Diana Ross / Crowded House / Herbie Hancock

John Peel: Primal Scream / Rina Sawayama / Parquet Courts / Special Guests (Casa Bien)

No livvi Rod? Jack White?

27 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

Black Midi on the park would be great

And a run of BCNR > Shame > Phoebe would be great to end the festival.

I think I'm going to spend a lot of time by the park this year looking at everyone touring.

33 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

I'd take that.

4 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Genuine question: is J Cole that popular in the UK that he’d play third down on the Pyramid? Living overseas I’m out of the loop but I’d find it surprising if he has an impact large enough to justify that placement. 

Yep I think the only place he could play is afternoon Pyramid as the hip-hop slot that they sort of tend to have. Could maybe shift him down a slot or something but I think third would be fine.

1 hour ago, Joshuwarr said:

The Bicep crowd at Wilderness last year was one of the biggest of the weekend, easily. They really pulled in the numbers in 2016 too when they were in Block 9.

West Holts in 2022, then Other stage headliners 2024/25 (or whenever album 3 drops).

30 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Genuine question: is J Cole that popular in the UK that he’d play third down on the Pyramid? Living overseas I’m out of the loop but I’d find it surprising if he has an impact large enough to justify that placement. 

I think if he’s going to play anywhere in the UK it would be wireless or Reading. He’s popular in the hip hop community and he actually makes some decent stuff… but I don’t think he’s built a fanbase outside of immediate hip hop fans here.