Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

I'm a massive Bruce fan, but really don't think there's any chance of him playing. I haven't seen anything to suggest he is touring next summer, which is for obvious reasons already the most stacked summer ever in terms of big acts in Europe.

Also, agree that he is unlikely to bring E street back to the farm, although I could see him doing a solo performance some time before he retires.

1 hour ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Mad cool have hinted he will be playing by oddly using 'boss' in one of their updates although some think this is just a red herring and an Irish journalist got a tip off that he will be playing in Ireland next year

Not quite enough to get my hopes up... That's straw-grasping in my book.

Edited by maelzoid

4 hours ago, maelzoid said:

I'm a massive Bruce fan, but really don't think there's any chance of him playing. I haven't seen anything to suggest he is touring next summer, which is for obvious reasons already the most stacked summer ever in terms of big acts in Europe.

Journalists in France, Ireland and Italy have put him at venues next summer. Springsteen himself has said they’ll be touring next year at a charity appearance last week with the band.

16 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Dunno where Bruce subbed by elbow has come from but I doubt Elbow will be subbing if they weren’t in 2020. 

Bruce is heavily rumoured to be playing over summer in Europe. Could make sense for him to be a Sunday headliner, as Kendrick/Elton seem to be looking more unlikely now.

And I've placed Elbow there as they are friends of the festival and have subbed twice before. In terms of 2020, who were the subs? From the main stage playlists Glasto put out, only Lana and Noel were obvious subs to me. Elbow seemed to be the 3rd sub (couldn't see it being Camilla, Haim or The Specials).

Edited by 01seb
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 01seb said:

Bruce is heavily rumoured to be playing over summer in Europe. Could make sense for him to be a Sunday headliner, as Kendrick/Elton seem to be looking more unlikely now.

And I've placed Elbow there as they are friends of the festival and have subbed twice before. In terms of 2020, who were the subs? From the main stage playlists Glasto put out, only Lana and Noel were obvious subs to me. Elbow seemed to be the 3rd sub (couldn't see it being Camilla, Haim or The Specials).

Elbow we’re playing on the Friday and we knew Lana was the sub that day. 

6 hours ago, 01seb said:

How is Kendrick unlikely? Have I missed something? Neil is still certain it’s him.

6 hours ago, 01seb said:

There was an unannounced “special guest” sub due to play before Taylor.

Most likely Mumfords.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

There was an unannounced “special guest” sub due to play before Taylor.

Most likely Mumfords.

We don’t know that. We just know there was a sub to be added. It could have been anyone as we still didn’t have a full picture of who was touring in 2020 before the pandemic hit.

Edited by Matt42

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

We don’t know that. We just know there was a sub to be added. It could have been anyone as we still didn’t have a full picture of who was touring in 2020 before the pandemic hit.

That’s why I said “most likely”.

We know there was a gap for a sub.

Emily said that Mumfords were going to play.

These two pieces of evidence lead me to the conclusion that Mumfords were likely to be the missing sub.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

That’s why I said “most likely”.

We know there was a gap for a sub.

Emily said that Mumfords were going to play.

These two pieces of evidence lead me to the conclusion that Mumfords were likely to be the missing sub.

Fair enough. I’m not convinced as I’m pretty sure Mumfords did a secret set on like the Avalon or something a while ago didn’t they? The gentleman of the road stuff? They are a big band but they are not main stage or nothing when it comes to secret sets.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Fair enough. I’m not convinced as I’m pretty sure Mumfords did a secret set on like the Avalon or something a while ago didn’t they? The gentleman of the road stuff? They are a big band but they are not main stage or nothing when it comes to secret sets.

Truth is we’ll probably never know for certain so we’ll have to agree to disagree. I will always remain convinced that they were the missing sub.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Truth is we’ll probably never know for certain so we’ll have to agree to disagree. I will always remain convinced that they were the missing sub.

My guess is that it was Alicia keys and she backed out due to COVID news, or asked to not be on the poster.

Alicia and Taylor are close so would make sense to me.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

If I ever bump into Emily my first question will be:

"Settle an eFests argument..."

The one I really want to know about is wtf happened with Prince in 2014 and 2015. Emily has teased it many times but we obviously don’t know the full story.

This is what I think…

2014 the headliners The eavis fam wanted were Fleetwood Mac, Depeche Mode, Prince. Fleetwood Mac was a no so they gave Arcade Fire the call, Depeche Mode said no, and Prince said yes but then said no. Metallica apparently were lined up for a special slot but then we’re drafted in to headline and Kasabian were sat waiting on the substitute benches for months. I just want confirmation this is what went down.

2015 they tried for Prince on the Sunday and he said yes but then said no. Instead of moving Florence over they somehow got the Who roped in and to cancel a date in Paris? I’m just really confused as to the series of events.

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

I thought Emily had said that after the scrum to see The Killers secret set, any further ones by big names would happen on the Pyramid, so more people could see it. I might have misremembered this, but I’m sure there was something along those lines.

I think she did say that, but then the next fest she chucked Foals on the Park so she must have forgotten

1 hour ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

They were way to big for the park stage. The crowd was so far back it engulfed that small stage. Also you couldn't hear them at the back. At a minimum they should have been on the other stage

Sorry joke fell flat there, was just calling back to the usual Foals big enough joke everyone loves 🙂

Saw Foals on TV and agreed the crowd was insane.

• Upvote 1

It may have been previously discussed but is Lil Nas X in anyone's thinking for an appearance in 2022? Has of course been to the festival previously in 2019 when he performed Old Town Road during Miley's set.

If so where we placing him? Possible West Holts headliner or is he too big for that?

Edited by JoeyT

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

It may have been previously discussed but is Lil Nas X in anyone's thinking for an appearance in 2022? Has of course been to the festival previously in 2019 when he performed Old Town Road during Miley's set.

If so where we placing him? Possible West Holts headliner or is he too big for that?

I reckon he's more likely to play in the day time rather than headline a smaller stage. He is massive right now and has quite wide appeal i would say

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

3rd on Pyramid? Maybe? Really hard one to place.

4 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Pyramid or nothing I think. He’s got mad crossover appeal. He appeals to grandmas as much as teenagers.

4th / 5th down pyramid but a near pyramid headliner sized crowd.

Edited by Matt42