Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

37 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I can’t really see the smile working on west holts. They are supposedly a rock band which isn’t quite the right fit.

Park I reckon.

Though they would be more Other stage, what kind of size crowd do you think they would get? Not really heard much of them since Live at Worthy but then again my ear is nowhere near the ground on these things.

3 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Though they would be more Other stage, what kind of size crowd do you think they would get? Not really heard much of them since Live at Worthy but then again my ear is nowhere near the ground on these things.

Think they’ve got an album due either late this year or early next. Can’t see this being a side project that makes massive waves though.

6 minutes ago, morph100 said:

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Think they’ve got an album due either late this year or early next. Can’t see this being a side project that makes massive waves though.

I think it’s a bit strange the album or single still isn’t here. It sounded like stuff was ready to go when they performed on the livestream earlier this year.

Feel like even I’ve forgotten about it and I was really liking how it sounded.

Can’t see The Smile doing anything other than a secret set somewhere, probably the Park. 

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think it’s a bit strange the album or single still isn’t here. It sounded like stuff was ready to go when they performed on the livestream earlier this year.

Feel like even I’ve forgotten about it and I was really liking how it sounded.

Jonny did an interview a while ago basically saying the songs are fully formed but Thom and Nigel have a habit of fucking around with them until they’re totally satisfied so the album is still in the works. 

The only reason I think QOTSA might not play is if this drags out into next year and Josh decides to delay touring to focus on sorting it, which would be an understandable choice in that situation. As others have said, I don’t think there’s much chance of the festival dropping them based on the current allegations.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Has this forum unanimously turned on Lizzo then? At one point in 2019 she could do no wrong and people were calling for her to headline off her WH show alone

I think it's because of the Chris Brown stuff as well as her doxxing that delivery driver right? The doxxing seemed particularly trashy. 

She's always given me 'fake nice person' vibes. Does make some absolute bangers though, and half the music industry are probably awful anyway so I'm not sure it would necessarily stop me seeing her or anything. 

Edited by Zacko

8 minutes ago, Zacko said:

I think it's because of the Chris Brown stuff as well as her doxxing that delivery driver right? The doxxing seemed particularly trashy. 

She's always given me 'fake nice person' vibes. Does make some absolute bangers though, and half the music industry are probably awful anyway so I'm not sure it would necessarily stop me seeing her or anything. 

Hard to sell the whole 'self-love and positivity' schtick now she's outed herself as a prize twat. Shame as that West Holts set was awesome and had a wonderfully charged atmosphere. The veil has well and truly slipped now though.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

The only reason I think QOTSA might not play is if this drags out into next year and Josh decides to delay touring to focus on sorting it, which would be an understandable choice in that situation. As others have said, I don’t think there’s much chance of the festival dropping them based on the current allegations.

I think the chances are that this ultimately happens. No dates on the board, probably not gonna have any new music in the near future, potential backlash against them if this hasn’t blown over…

Not using it as an opportunity to speculate different Other headliners as I know some are keen to, but objectively it looks like the smart move for Josh and for the fans.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think the chances are that this ultimately happens. No dates on the board, probably not gonna have any new music in the near future, potential backlash against them if this hasn’t blown over…

Not using it as an opportunity to speculate different Other headliners as I know some are keen to, but objectively it looks like the smart move for Josh and for the fans.

Yeah definitely agree that if they don't play it'll be down to Josh deciding to take some time out rather than any move by the festival.

Working on the theory that they are playing until they're not.

30 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Maybe Fatboy Slim will get his Other headliner slot back..

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I can’t really see the smile working on west holts. They are supposedly a rock band which isn’t quite the right fit.

Park I reckon.

Agree Park would be best fit.

EOB was also due to play the Park I seem to recall.

If three of them are there....and Phil and Colin are around....

6 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Had very little on that since it was first flagged on this form in 2019. Didn't transpire in 2020 either.

Think they're more likely to DJ or do a hybrid-live something in Glade / Silver Hayes at this stage. Maybe WH or JP headliner but there are much stronger options about. Wouldn't bet on it tbh.

I wish they would just carry them over as planned in 2020. Would be an amazing atmosphere on a big stage. Still hoping fatboy slim will play the other stage too.

Decided to give this a shot...

FRI
Py: 
Billie Eilish, Royal Blood, Wolf Alice, The Specials, Kacey Musgraves, Arlo Parks, Special Guest Damon Albarn 
OS: Queens of the Stone Age, Sam Fender, Supergrass, Anderson Paak & the Free Nationals, Blossoms, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Sports Team, Happy Mondays
WH: Bicep, Thundercat, Moses Sumney, Land of Kush, Sampa the Great, Richard Dawson, Earthgang
JP: Editors, Nothing But Thieves, Danny Brown, Jake Bugg, Jessie Ware, Holly Humberstone, She Drew the Gun, Amyl & the Sniffers
Pa: St Vincent, Primal Scream, Cate Le Bon, Griff, Girl in Red, Gang of Youths, The Murder Capital, Hatchie 

SAT
Py: 
Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Haim, Aerosmith, Sigrid, Herbie Hancock, Elvana 
OS: Dua Lipa, AJ Tracey, The War on Drugs, Fontaines DC, Becky Hill, Declan McKenna, Sea Girls, The Lathums 
WH: James Blake, Michael Kiwanuka, TLC, Leon Bridges, Lianne La Havas, Black Pumas, Celeste
JP: Idles, FKA Twigs, Cage the Elephant, *Biffy Clyro*, Beabadoobee, Inhaler, Tones & I, The Orielles
Pa: Caribou, Phoebe Bridgers, Seasick Steve, EOB, Soccer Mommy, Confidence Man, Wet Leg, Porridge Radio

SUN
Py: 
Bruce Springsteen, Elbow, Lorde, Diana Ross, Crowded House, Candi Staton, Local Brass Band
OS: Pet Shop Boys, Robyn, Mabel, Dizzee Rascal, Yungblud, Aitch, La Roux, The Staves
WH: Jorja Smith, Moderat, Seun Kuti, Rufus Wainwright, Alogte Oho & His Sounds of Joy, Tinariwen, Greentea Peng
JP: Charli XCX, The Jesus & Mary Chain, Tom Grennan, The Hives, Aurora, Creeper, The Struts, Joy Crookes
Pa: London Grammar, Courtney Barnett, Shame, The Big Moon, Parcels, Lump, Squid, Chubby & the Gang 

Edited by 01seb