Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

4 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Doxxed a service worker for not delivering her food on time, ordered a journalist who gave her a bad review to be fired, just this weekend called Chris Brown her “favourite person” while she buzzed around him for a photo. Moral compass spins wildly and has a weird habit of using her platform of millions of followers to punch down. 

The high priestess of self-love doesn’t seem to extend that courtesy to others, basically.

Ah yeah had completely forgotten about the food delivery thing.

10 minutes ago, waltere said:

The Editors being inexplicably huge in Belgium (and it's status as a running gag) remains one of my favourite musical quirks I've discovered through these boards

Same. It's actually popped up in real world conversations a surprising amount. 

16 hours ago, waltere said:

The Editors being inexplicably huge in Belgium (and it's status as a running gag) remains one of my favourite musical quirks I've discovered through these boards

Is there an equivalent anywhere else? A band that is randomly massive in one country.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Is there an equivalent anywhere else? A band that is randomly massive in one country.

“Big in Japan” used to be a thing in the 90’s, some tiny acts over here were inexplicably much more popular over there.

I recall one hit wonders Shampoo (ask your grandads kids) having a massive following over there.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

“Big in Japan” used to be a thing in the 90’s, some tiny acts over here were inexplicably much more popular over there.

I recall one hit wonders Shampoo (ask your grandads kids) having a massive following over there.

Guest Act at University of London Union Freshers Fayre around 1993.

Think Daphne and Celeste at Reading Festival...

16 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

For quite a while, Bush were huge in the states while barely getting arrested here. Inexplicable.

Largely because they were just aping the grunge sound that was still taking off far more over there than here because we were all up in Oasis and Blur by that time.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

A lot of indie bands have dropped off here but are absolutely huge in South America. Not to Editors extent though

I didn’t include any American bands only because it’s quite common for bands to be very america centric. 

I know they’ve just sold out a few dates here but I wasn’t far off putting Tool in that category. They do massive shows in the US and are quite big in mainland Europe, however the UK has forgotten them pretty hard. (Aside from their die hard fans).

Edited by Matt42

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I didn’t include any American bands only because it’s quite common for bands to be very america centric. 

I know they’ve just sold out a few dates here but I wasn’t far off putting Tool in that category. They do massive shows in the US and are quite big in mainland Europe, however the UK has forgotten them pretty hard. (Aside from their die hard fans).

Didn't they just sell out The O2? Quite a few die hard fans around it seems

38 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Didn't they just sell out The O2? Quite a few die hard fans around it seems

They haven’t done a UK date since what 2007 that isn’t a festival? Pretty long time. The demand is definitely there because of the rarity but I would definitely say this is one of their smaller music markets. They do much bigger shows in the states and mainland Europe.

38 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

They haven’t done a UK date since what 2007 that isn’t a festival? Pretty long time. The demand is definitely there because of the rarity but I would definitely say this is one of their smaller music markets. They do much bigger shows in the states and mainland Europe.

They're playing (and have nearly sold out) Manchester arena which is literally the second biggest indoor arena in Europe... 

35 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Bonobo seems like another option for a West Holts or John Peel headliner - can't remember where he played last time 

He subbed WH in 2014. Tbh I’d be more inclined to say he’s a Park headliner these days, although maybe I’m underselling him. One of those acts who’s popularity always surprises me when he reappears every album cycle.