Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

1 hour ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Good effort kingcrawler, great line-up overall. 

But, no  mention of Thom Yorke  or EOB ?

Are they no longer seen as likely?

I would say its The Smile having a good chance to be there. But you figure they take a headline spot since Thom wouldve had that before in 2020.

18 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI
Py: 
Billie Eilish, Wolf Alice, Elbow, The Specials, Little Simz, Rufus Wainwright, Celeste
OS: Queens of the Stone Age, AJ Tracey, Mabel, Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals, St. Vincent, Lianne La Havas, Inhaler, Anna Calvi, Happy Monday
WH: Bicep, Arlo Parks, Seun Kuti & Egypt 80, Gilberto Gil & Family, Black Uhuru, Richard Dawson, Priya Ragu
JP: London Grammar, Glass Animals, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Ghetts, Banks, Ashnikko, Jehnny Beth, Alfie Templeman, The Murder Capital, Hot Milk
Pa: Manic Street Preachers, Laura Marling, Khruangbin, Pa Salieu, Tinariwen, Baxter Dury, Altin Gun, Warmduscher, The Japanese House, Martha Hill

SAT
Py: 
Kendrick Lamar, Haim, Aerosmith, Sigrid, Crowded House, Herbie Hancock, Laura Mvula, Sons of Kemet
OS: Pet Shop Boys, Jorja Smith, Supergrass, Idles, Blossoms, Declan McKenna, Griff, Nadine Shah, Jade Bird
WH: Michael Kiwanuka, Tom Misch, Kelis, Brittany Howard, Berwyn, Hannah Peel, KOKOKO!
JP: Editors, Slowthai, Jessie Ware, KSI, Beabadoobee, Holly Humbertstone, Dry Cleaning, Biig Piig, The Big Moon, ETC Winner
Pa: Caribou, Courtney Barnett, Parquet Courts, Girl In Red, Squid, Anna Meredith, Confidence Man, Joy Crookes, Katy J Pearson

SUN
Py: 
Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Lorde, Diana Ross, Kacey Musgraves, Candi Staton
OS: Dua Lipa, Sam Fender, Robyn, Fontaines D.C., The Vaccines, Metronomy, Pale Waves, The Staves, Skunk Anansie
WH: Kano, TLC, Thundercat, Snarky Puppy, Nubya Garcia, Greentea Peng, Genesis Owusu
JP: Charli XCX, Burna Boy, Sleaford Mods, Clairo, Maisie Peters, The Lathums, Working Men's Club, Shygirl, Porridge Radio
Pa: Phoebe Bridgers, Big Thief, Shame, Sampa the Great, Black Country New Road, Goat Girl, Cate Le Bon, The Orielles, Big Joanie

This is good - although I’m not too sure about Wolf Alice subbing. I don’t think they are occupying slots that big and I think they’d probably place a tiny bit lower somewhere.

I also think Aitch will be back in some big other stage slot, so he’s one missing that I think should be back on.

36 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

This is good - although I’m not too sure about Wolf Alice subbing. I don’t think they are occupying slots that big and I think they’d probably place a tiny bit lower somewhere.

I also think Aitch will be back in some big other stage slot, so he’s one missing that I think should be back on.

Yeah I’m not too sure about them subbing either, I just didn’t have any other obvious subs and there was loads of Other sub/headline contenders so gave them a bump up. Aitch is a decent shout too. Obviously it’s early days but when you consider that most of the 2020 lineup will be touring again, alongside a load of new acts who will be around, there’s certainly going to be plenty of options.

21 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI
Py: 
Billie Eilish, Wolf Alice, Elbow, The Specials, Little Simz, Rufus Wainwright, Celeste
OS: Queens of the Stone Age, AJ Tracey, Mabel, Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals, St. Vincent, Lianne La Havas, Inhaler, Anna Calvi, Happy Monday
WH: Bicep, Arlo Parks, Seun Kuti & Egypt 80, Gilberto Gil & Family, Black Uhuru, Richard Dawson, Priya Ragu
JP: London Grammar, Glass Animals, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Ghetts, Banks, Ashnikko, Jehnny Beth, Alfie Templeman, The Murder Capital, Hot Milk
Pa: Manic Street Preachers, Laura Marling, Khruangbin, Pa Salieu, Tinariwen, Baxter Dury, Altin Gun, Warmduscher, The Japanese House, Martha Hill

SAT
Py: 
Kendrick Lamar, Haim, Aerosmith, Sigrid, Crowded House, Herbie Hancock, Laura Mvula, Sons of Kemet
OS: Pet Shop Boys, Jorja Smith, Supergrass, Idles, Blossoms, Declan McKenna, Griff, Nadine Shah, Jade Bird
WH: Michael Kiwanuka, Tom Misch, Kelis, Brittany Howard, Berwyn, Hannah Peel, KOKOKO!
JP: Editors, Slowthai, Jessie Ware, KSI, Beabadoobee, Holly Humbertstone, Dry Cleaning, Biig Piig, The Big Moon, ETC Winner
Pa: Caribou, Courtney Barnett, Parquet Courts, Girl In Red, Squid, Anna Meredith, Confidence Man, Joy Crookes, Katy J Pearson

SUN
Py: 
Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Lorde, Diana Ross, Kacey Musgraves, Candi Staton
OS: Dua Lipa, Sam Fender, Robyn, Fontaines D.C., The Vaccines, Metronomy, Pale Waves, The Staves, Skunk Anansie
WH: Kano, TLC, Thundercat, Snarky Puppy, Nubya Garcia, Greentea Peng, Genesis Owusu
JP: Charli XCX, Burna Boy, Sleaford Mods, Clairo, Maisie Peters, The Lathums, Working Men's Club, Shygirl, Porridge Radio
Pa: Phoebe Bridgers, Big Thief, Shame, Sampa the Great, Black Country New Road, Goat Girl, Cate Le Bon, The Orielles, Big Joanie

Would be over the moon with this.

Bicep and Kendrick would be musts for me, although could lean to QOTSA and PSB, not too sure on the Sunday. Very nice runs earlier on in the day though, with Noel Clairo Lorde etc.

Think Glass Animals might end up on Other or perhaps as a stage headliner, grown significantly since 2020 booking time and Heat Waves is one of very few indie songs to break in the mainstream recently. I’m pretty biased towards them though so don’t listen to me.

Edited by gfa

48 minutes ago, gfa said:

Think Glass Animals might end up on Other or perhaps as a stage headliner, grown significantly since 2020 booking time and Heat Waves is one of very few indie songs to break in the mainstream recently. I’m pretty biased towards them though so don’t listen to me.

Heatwaves has been an absolute sleeper hit and I feel like it’s not even peaked yet. Will be interesting to see how this is reflected in their summer sets.

6 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Why?

Covered in the Lizzo thread but on top of doxxing that delivery driver a while back in the last 24 hours there's footage going about of her cosying up to perennial shitmuncher Chris Brown and referring to him as her 'favourite person in the whole world'

3 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Doxxed a service worker for not delivering her food on time, ordered a journalist who gave her a bad review to be fired, just this weekend called Chris Brown her “favourite person” while she buzzed around him for a photo. Moral compass spins wildly and has a weird habit of using her platform of millions of followers to punch down. 

The high priestess of self-love doesn’t seem to extend that courtesy to others, basically.

Yeah, she can fuck off.

22 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI
Py: 

SAT
Py: 

SUN
Py: 

Oh my word this is phenomenal. I've just done my hypothetical runs between stages in my head.

That Sunday from Kacey M onwards is utterly insane. I would probably cry all the water out of my body and shrivel up. Glasto Sunday's are emotional enough...chucking a Mowtown Queen, Lorde, Noel and a fucking Beatle in there.... too much.

39 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Doxxed a service worker for not delivering her food on time, ordered a journalist who gave her a bad review to be fired, just this weekend called Chris Brown her “favourite person” while she buzzed around him for a photo. Moral compass spins wildly and has a weird habit of using her platform of millions of followers to punch down. 

The high priestess of self-love doesn’t seem to extend that courtesy to others, basically.

I find it so bizarre.

Her set at G19 was amazing, a field of positivity and empowerment. 

Then it turns it she's a bit of a douche.

I wonder if it's the trappings of fame or fortune, or more simply, she's always been a bit of a c u next Tuesday and is getting found out.

23 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI
Py: 

SAT
Py: 

SUN
Py: 

16 Acts I really want to see, and only one clash. A whole bunch more I'd definitely catch if I could.

No way in hell will it be like this in reality, it's just too good.

3 hours ago, gfa said:

They should really headline John Peel over Editors at this point.

On 10/4/2021 at 12:49 PM, kingcrawler said:

I don’t think they’ve rescheduled their tour for next year. I did want to have an older act in there with Kiwanuka on the Pyramid somewhere but I was struggling to come up with anyone. I expect there will be an older West Holts headliner though.

I expect the Isley Brothers will be there - they’re down for Love Supreme the following weekend.

25 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They should really headline John Peel over Editors at this point.

I agree but they seem to like booking an older guitar band to headline John Peel when there’s a rapper on the Pyramid (Suede, Interpol, Editors). If it’s not Editors then I think it will be another act like that rather than Glass Animals.

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I agree but they seem to like booking an older guitar band to headline John Peel when there’s a rapper on the Pyramid (Suede, Interpol, Editors). If it’s not Editors then I think it will be another act like that rather than Glass Animals.

Yeah I agree probs not against Kendrick. If I’m honest I’d have them in London Grammar’s spot and elevate big Grammo to Other sub, because I think they’re perhaps too big for JP now, and are headlining festivals so the stage fright might be minimised now.

7 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Yeah, of all the rollovers from the presumed/near confirmed 2020 line-up, Editors sticking as JP headliners doesn’t make as much as sense as a Charli or a Manics holding firm. 

Wonder if they’ll be offered a mid-low Other position, or just not be there in 2022. Would agree they probably won’t top JP.

(You could debate that Caribou might not be a nailed-on Park headliner anymore either, by the by. Last album floundered and there are a lot of popular breakthrough jazz, folk and R&B acts ready for that slot.)

Caribou seem fine. I think they were a coup for Park before, but now maybe just ‘ok’.

But yeah, the Editors haven’t even released anything to keep themselves in mind have they? Hopefully the JP bookers just forgot they’d booked them and moved on.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I agree probs not against Kendrick. If I’m honest I’d have them in London Grammar’s spot and elevate big Grammo to Other sub, because I think they’re perhaps too big for JP now, and are headlining festivals so the stage fright might be minimised now.

Caribou seem fine. I think they were a coup for Park before, but now maybe just ‘ok’.

But yeah, the Editors haven’t even released anything to keep themselves in mind have they? Hopefully the JP bookers just forgot they’d booked them and moved on.

Yeah that’s fair, I think that would work well for both acts too. We’ll probably know more in a couple of months in terms of who looks likely, at least a couple of the big Other stage acts in my prediction probably won’t play, but at the moment it seems like there’s plenty of acts around for those slots.