Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

1 hour ago, Baggins7 said:

Wouldnt be surprised to see Jungle appearing with a new album out today and supporting Billie Eilish on her June tour in UK. No idea where they would play though, maybe Park headline or Other sub or 3rd on Pyramid.

Was thinking about that myself, just on the new album now and it's more summery goodness from Jungle.

They subbed Wu Tang Clan on WH  last time round, could step up to headline it but I reckon topping Park could be an option.

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Was thinking about that myself, just on the new album now and it's more summery goodness from Jungle.

They subbed Wu Tang Clan on WH  last time round, could step up to headline it but I reckon topping Park could be an option.

Lovely stuff isn't it. Properly brightened up this grey morning at work (well, WFH). 

Park headline would be beautiful, or they could also smash a third down Pyramid slot. Fond memories of them playing that slot on the Bestival main stage before Annie Mac and then the Chemical Brothers. Some evening that was! 

• 1 month later...

A light prediction of how I see things…

Friday

Pyramid: Billie Eilish // Dave // Elbow // Olivia Rodrigo // Kacey Musgraves // Rufus Wainright // Special Guests (Kings of Leon)

Other: Queens of the Stone Age // Wolf Alice // Blossoms

West Holts: Little Sims // Arlo Parks

John Peel: Editors // Primal Scream

Park: Manic Street Preachers

Saturday

Pyramid: Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds // Aerosmith (special guests) // HAIM // Lil Nas X // Crowded House

Other: Dua Lipa // AJ Tracey // Charli XCX 

West Holts: The Isley Brothers // TLC

John Peel: Idles // D-Block Europe

Park: The Smile // Caribou

Sunday

Pyramid: Taylor Swift // Lorde // The Specials // Diana Ross // Sigrid // Candi Station // Special Guests (Foo Fighters)

Other: Pet Shop Boys // Robyn // Aitch

West Holts: Kano // Jessie Ware

John Peel: FKA TWIGS // Glass Animals

Park: London Grammar // Courtney Barnett.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Friday

Pyramid: Billie Eilish // Dave // Elbow // Olivia Rodrigo // Kacey Musgraves // Rufus Wainright // Special Guests (Kings of Leon)

Saturday

Pyramid: Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds // Aerosmith (special guests) // HAIM // Lil Nas X // Crowded House

Sunday

Pyramid: Taylor Swift // Lorde // The Specials // Diana Ross // Sigrid // Candi Station // Special Guests (Foo Fighters)

There’s not a cat in hells chance KOL or FF are special guesting The Pyramid.

Also think WH will have 1 dance headliner. 

Other than that it’s pretty spot on. 

5 minutes ago, nikkic said:

There’s not a cat in hells chance KOL or FF are special guesting The Pyramid.

Also think WH will have 1 dance headliner. 

Other than that it’s pretty spot on. 

Threw the special guests in for some spice - I did think FF would be there in some capacity but with their current dates I reckon they aren’t doing it. It doesn’t work for them to appear without doing 3 days in a row which I don’t think they do.

I really couldn’t think of a WH dance headliner without there not being a female headliner.

Edited by Matt42

21 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Threw the special guests in for some spice - I did think FF would be there in some capacity but with their current dates I reckon they aren’t doing it. It doesn’t work for them to appear without doing 3 days in a row which I don’t think they do.

I really couldn’t think of a WH dance headliner without there not being a female headliner.

Would love to see Kano given a Pyramid slot, which would open up a WH headline position for Bicep. 

Tend to get more special guests on The Park, don’t know if they’re touring next year but could see The 1975 doing it (or similar sized band). 

14 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I'm a little amused you are still not convinced Elton John will be playing

Of course he’s likely but I remain sceptical as if you look at his previous tours he always seems to be in the area for Glastonbury. Plus Taylor dates feel like they are around the corner. I cannot see the festival not getting her if she’s around.

1 hour ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I'm a little amused you are still not convinced Elton John will be playing

Kings of Leon are playing Dublin on the Friday and Belfast on the Sunday

If @Suprefan is right on the info, and there’s nothing to suggest otherwise, then I’m guessing Reg isn’t doing Glastonbury irrespective of if another BST date is announced. Unless he’s on standby in case Macca/Taylor doesn’t work out. If he’s not needed for Glastonbury next year then he could do the other BST date. 

53 minutes ago, henry bear said:

If @Suprefan is right on the info, and there’s nothing to suggest otherwise, then I’m guessing Reg isn’t doing Glastonbury irrespective of if another BST date is announced. Unless he’s on standby in case Macca/Taylor doesn’t work out. If he’s not needed for Glastonbury next year then he could do the other BST date. 

Is it possible to offer someone a headline slot for 2022 or 2023… like is there a way that could be pitched without coming off like an obvious second choice? It is interesting that he can make both 2022 or 2023.

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Idles peaked already - by next summer the top of John Peel will seem generous.

Or maybe the best is yet to come. New material being teased for release mid-week. They are an incredible live band and there's no act I would see above them, and I've already seen them 3 times.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Of course he’s likely but I remain sceptical as if you look at his previous tours he always seems to be in the area for Glastonbury. Plus Taylor dates feel like they are around the corner. I cannot see the festival not getting her if she’s around.

Taylor’s dates have been “around the corner” for months now…

Edited by Hugh Jass

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Curious as to why Foo Fighters and (somehow) Kings of Leon open the day but Aerosmith are teatime.

Edited by dentalplan

Just now, Matt42 said:

No answer to that question 

Ok. It just seems odd that they'd vary between two 'special guest openers' and one not. But I suppose it's not realistically going to happen anyway so I won't be hung up on it.

For the most part I dig the prediction. Do think Haim and London Grammar are a bit low, probably Sigrid too.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Ok. It just seems odd that they'd vary between two 'special guest openers' and one not. But I suppose it's not realistically going to happen anyway so I won't be hung up on it.

For the most part I dig the prediction. Do think Haim and London Grammar are a bit low, probably Sigrid too.

The problem I’m finding is it was hard to take out some people who are probably coming back and where to fit the newbies who are probably there.