Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI
Py: Kendrick Lamar, Lizzo, Elbow, Kacey Musgraves, Jorja Smith, Rufus Wainwright, Billy Bragg
OS: Wolf Alice, Ben Howard, Bastille, Anne-Marie, Little Simz, Metronomy, Pale Waves, Echo & the Bunnymen
WH: Bicep, Slowthai, Seun Kuti & Egypt 80, Sault, Nubya Garcia
JP: Editors, Savages, Sleaford Mods, Arlo Parks, Banks, KSI, Holly Humberstone
Pa: Phoebe Bridgers, Laura Marling, TBA, Sampa the Great, Tinariwen, Baxter Dury, Cate Le Bon
Ac: The Waterboys

SAT
Py: 
Arctic Monkeys, Haim, Aerosmith, AJ Tracey, Crowded House, Celeste, Candi Staton
OS: Disclosure, Idles, Mabel, Headie One, Jessie Ware, Declan McKenna, The Staves, Nadine Shah
WH: Chaka Khan, Roisin Murphy, Stefflon Don, Sons of Kemet, Greentea Peng
JP: Charli XCX, Glass Animals, Pa Salieu, Daughter, Shame, Ashnikko, Inhaler
Pa: Caribou, Young Fathers, The Avalanches, Girl In Red, Noname, Confidence Man, The Orielles
Ac: Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbot

SUN
Py: 
Taylor Swift, Queens of the Stone Age, The Specials, Diana Ross, Sigrid, Herbie Hancock
OS: Pet Shop Boys, Sam Fender, Dizzee Rascal, Fontaines D.C., The Vaccines, Lianne La Havas, Anna Calvi, Circa Waves
WH: Kano, Rosalia, Public Service Broadcasting, Kae Tempest, Moses Boyd
JP: The Libertines, FKA twigs, Burna Boy, Clairo, The Horrors, Beabadoobee, Porridge Radio
Pa: London Grammar, Big Thief, The Comet Is Coming, This Is the Kit, Squid, Goat Girl
Ac: Suzanne Vega

This so I can go to Charli please!

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI
Py: Kendrick Lamar, Lizzo, Elbow, Kacey Musgraves, Jorja Smith, Rufus Wainwright, Billy Bragg
OS: Wolf Alice, Ben Howard, Bastille, Anne-Marie, Little Simz, Metronomy, Pale Waves, Echo & the Bunnymen
Pa: Phoebe Bridgers, Laura Marling, TBA, Sampa the Great, Tinariwen, Baxter Dury, Cate Le Bon

SAT
Py: 
Arctic Monkeys, Haim, Aerosmith, AJ Tracey, Crowded House, Celeste, Candi Staton
OS: Disclosure, Idles, Mabel, Headie One, Jessie Ware, Declan McKenna, The Staves, Nadine Shah
Pa: Caribou, Young Fathers, The Avalanches, Girl In Red, Noname, Confidence Man, The Orielles

SUN
Py: 
Taylor Swift, Queens of the Stone Age, The Specials, Diana Ross, Sigrid, Herbie Hancock
OS: Pet Shop Boys, Sam Fender, Dizzee Rascal, Fontaines D.C., The Vaccines, Lianne La Havas, Anna Calvi, Circa Waves
JP: The Libertines, FKA twigs, Burna Boy, Clairo, The Horrors, Beabadoobee, Porridge Radio
Pa: London Grammar, Big Thief, The Comet Is Coming, This Is the Kit, Squid, Goat Girl

Anne Marie will be higher than 4th Other. I also think Ava Max will be there pretty high.

On 1/31/2021 at 4:22 PM, kingcrawler said:

Kacey Musgraves > Fontaines D.C. > Queens of the Stone Age > Phoebe Bridgers

Candi Staton > Grimes > Haim > Paul McCartney

Diana Ross > Jessie Ware > The War on Drugs > Taylor Swift

That would be a fantastic weekend for me. 

Some interesting shouts there. I was thinking about this the other day and I agree with Bicep headlining WH, they seem a good for that size of stage now. I agree that they’ll try and have at least one woman headlining each of the main stages, I was struggling to think of women who could headline the Other Stage other than The xx and maybe Wolf Alice but Solange is an interesting idea, definitely not something I’d considered. I wonder who Conor Oberst will manage to offend this time.

You'd have to be on yer fucking toes to make that QOTSA Phoebe doublet.

On 1/31/2021 at 10:04 PM, Miyn said:

Phoebe as the first headliner back, on the Park stage would just be magical. Ending on I Know The End would be a proper Glastonbury moment. Or a Sunday, Rex Orange County-esque headline set would also be great. It'd be a nice addition if there was a full backing band as hearing live strings and trumpets would elevate the set to another level.

My last headliner there was Ryan Adams... Is there retrospective shaming going down? 😬

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI
Pa: Phoebe Bridgers

Whip some batter and start up the fryer because that is an absolute COD! (Clash of doom)

Waterboys might edge it. Just. But then they’d better put on a ruddy good show!

5 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Do people still not think Aerosmith are big enough to headline? Sure, I can see them taking a lower spot below Macca, but they're hardly an Arctic Monkeys support band are they?

I don't think the festival would ever book them to headline. Imagine having all the acts out there itching to get back on that stage after a few years away... then the book fucking Aerosmith.

Looks to me like they're touring over here and are happy to do a guest spot lower down.

21 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Early punt: AJ Tracey will be headlining the Other or a potential Pyramid sub.

New album out next week and he's already on a run of hits only really matched by 2009-12 era Dizzee. Sold out two nights at Ally Pally in minutes.

He's absolutely enormous, and maybe just enough outside of this forum's purview that it's going under the radar. One to watch for mind.

Oh aye, I can see him getting a big slot.

Does he have a new album next week? I've only seen him teasing a new song out tonight, or have I missed something?

54 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I don't think the festival would ever book them to headline. Imagine having all the acts out there itching to get back on that stage after a few years away... then the book fucking Aerosmith.

Looks to me like they're touring over here and are happy to do a guest spot lower down.

Yeah, you've not sold me, other than on your contempt for Aerosmith.

It's interesting that you point out to acts wanting to get back on the stage, Aerosmith have never played the festival, so there is an element of novelty about them playing, and there's no question that they are a headline band at any other festival they could play. I just can't get excited about the likes of AM, Blur, Radiohead or Muse headlining again just  because they've all done it on multiple occasions.

16 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI

SAT
Py: 

SUN
Py: 

1236840 (1).jpg

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI

SAT
Py: 

SUN
Py: 

I think out of all the threads on efests, this one gets me the most anxious and excited about Glasto. I feel fully immersed that I'm reading the ACTUAL line up. If this were to be it, I'd be ecsatic, but spending 90% of Saturday and Sunday at the Pymild which isn't ideal, but totally worth it for those acts. QOTSA into T-Swizzle would be utter brilliant madness.

Bicep on WH would be phenomenal.

Why no Manics? 😞

I

32 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Yeah, you've not sold me, other than on your contempt for Aerosmith.

It's interesting that you point out to acts wanting to get back on the stage, Aerosmith have never played the festival, so there is an element of novelty about them playing, and there's no question that they are a headline band at any other festival they could play. I just can't get excited about the likes of AM, Blur, Radiohead or Muse headlining again just  because they've all done it on multiple occasions.

I have no contempt for Aerosmith. I’d happily see them if they are playing their mooted Pyramid slot.

I just find the idea of them headlining Glastonbury 2022 ludicrous.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Oh it's swifty without question.

it would be ... but best mate is a massive PSB fan and I actually quite like them 🙂  so it would be a tough choice given that we split up for some of the time ... would be a tough choice based on that 

23 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

it would be ... but best mate is a massive PSB fan and I actually quite like them 🙂  so it would be a tough choice given that we split up for some of the time ... would be a tough choice based on that 

Go and see Swift - Your mate can be left to his/her own devices.

• Upvote 1