Jump to content

Album of the Month Tournament - Jan 2021


dentalplan
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

That's it. New Zealand Standard Time declared!

 

For real though, you don't have to listen to everything. You can't, or else no album can ever truly grab you.

Yeah I know, I just get massive music FOMO from this place 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this and the new music thread so far. I have listened to so much new stuff and enjoyed a lot of stuff already. There are definitely some that I think might be growers. There are some that have some utterly stupendous tracks but the whole album doesn't quite have it for me. 

I'm voting tonight to stop me listening to another new album but there are a few in recent days that will definitely get another listen. 

1. Arlo Parks - Collapsed in Sunbeams (She's doing Tim's Twitter listening party at 8 pm if anyone is interested)

2. Celeste - Not Your Muse

3. Yasmin Williams - Urban Driftwood - Thanks so much to @lessthanwill1for this. I'm normally not a great fan of instrumental music but I have a soft spot for Rodrigo y Gabriela and something about your description made me inclined to check her out and she is a very chilled version of them. I like it very much and will definitely be listening to it time and time again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

3. Yasmin Williams - Urban Driftwood - Thanks so much to @lessthanwill1for this. I'm normally not a great fan of instrumental music but I have a soft spot for Rodrigo y Gabriela and something about your description made me inclined to check her out and she is a very chilled version of them. I like it very much and will definitely be listening to it time and time again. 

No problem! Glad you liked it.

I’ve found it very comforting over the past few weeks. Some really beautiful moments on it and I keep noticing different bits each time I listen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Right, gotta jump in and do it otherwise I'll never decide!

1. Baio - Dead Hand Control

2. Goat Girl - On All Fours

3. Radio Supernova - Takaisin

Honourable mentions for Cheekface, Bicep, Kiwi Jr, Buck Meek & Arlo Parks. Also a mention for Beach Bunny's EP.

EDIT Had to amend to add Goat Girl. Didn't click on first listen but listening to it properly on the Twitter Listening Party and bloody hell it's great. 

Edited by Quark
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Enjoying the love for Baio.

Probably would have made my top 3 but I’d only listened to it 3-4 times before I made my list.

Great album though. 

It's only had a couple for me but it's straight in there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

No problem! Glad you liked it.

I’ve found it very comforting over the past few weeks. Some really beautiful moments on it and I keep noticing different bits each time I listen.

Going to be on my Summer roster now as well. Thank you lovely music

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Enjoying the love for Baio.

Probably would have made my top 3 but I’d only listened to it 3-4 times before I made my list.

Great album though. 

Feel the same way about the Wax Tailor album. Put it on for the first time this morning and it really slaps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Feel the same way about the Wax Tailor album. Put it on for the first time this morning and it really slaps

On my list that one, thanks for reminding me, think it’ll be this afternoons listening. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...