Best and worst toilets on site (AKA where the shit doesn't end until the festival does)

stuartbert two hats

Which toilets are best?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Best bogs

• Compost
    • Covered long drops
    • Uncovered long drops
    • Portaloos
    • Those ones nr The Stone Circle
    • Urinals
    • The bushes
    • Lenor
    • Other

Another vote for the ones at the top of the other stage field. The queues are always mental, and I always leave it to dangerous levels of desperation before I head there.

TMI time:

Too many times my *ahem* turns into a water balloon whilst I grasp it in desperation before it explodes on release as I finally reach the urinal.

12 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

worst the silver Hayes urinals between SH and Other ... sticky glue like piss filled mud ... and full of cans 

Agree with you there....seems to get infested with 'roadmen' and 'fiat500' girls snorting gear and generally being a bit unpleasent about the place.

Also a mention for the toilets right by the entrance to the park/arcadia

The ones on concrete near the woods through to the JP stage are normally decent, as are the Porcelain Dreams up by the farmhouse/Worthy FM. Any off by the Stone Circle/tipis during the day.

West Holts and Other Stage ones are pretty bad, as are the ones at the corner of the Park - near where the Pier was.

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

Uncovered long drops.

Shitting in the rain is underrated in my opinion! Glorious. 

Said this before but I was in the longdrops by the John Peel when the lightning storm started in 2014. Realising that I was sat in a metal box my first thought was “I’m going to die having a poo at Glastonbury”.

Worse ways to go I suppose.

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Said this before but I was in the longdrops by the John Peel when the lightning storm started in 2014. Realising that I was sat in a metal box my first thought was “I’m going to die having a poo at Glastonbury”.

Not sure if there's any better.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

These are good in the morning, just a little walk from where we camp and no-one queuing like there can be at ones in the camping field.

57 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I camp right by them too - tend to be fine until Friday night! 

We camp near those too!! We tend to be in the same spot, on Pennards but right opposite the hole in the bushes to cut thru to get to those toilets 🙂 (like the 30 second walk round the hedge is too much haha!) 

1 minute ago, Wellyboot said:

We camp near those too!! We tend to be in the same spot, on Pennards but right opposite the hole in the bushes to cut thru to get to those toilets 🙂 (like the 30 second walk round the hedge is too much haha!) 

We usually camp in the field adjacent to the park with Arcadia down the hill in front of us so they are our nearest toilets. 🙂

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

We usually camp in the field adjacent to the park with Arcadia down the hill in front of us so they are our nearest toilets. 🙂

We might have been at those longdrops at the same time! Maybe even next door to each other! What a lovely thought! 🙂 

14 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, in peak times, always take a short trip to find a shorter queue - use the arena toilets when the campsite is full and the campsite toilets when the arena ones are full - excuse the terminology, I'm including King's Meadow as an "arena", but hopefully you get the gist.

I try to stick to this rule too where possible. 

I love the compost loos - they are so much more pleasant. They've been a big improvement to the festival since I started going in 2008 wjen there were only the odd few and it was mostly long drops. I like the fact they don't smell too bad and they have an element of privacy.

I find the loos at the top of West Holts are always pretty awful and I  hate having to go in the SE corner at night time.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

The toilets across from the Rocket Lounge after 2am look and feel like the end of Apocalypse Now. 

People leaving the long drops like this

tenor.gif?itemid=3443729

Ha! Very true...and iirc the urinals are very small - usually full of blokes unable to piss because of the amount of mdma they've taken.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Good point, not really thought about it before but I guess those metal frames must have a ground earth? Surely if they didn’t people would have fried mid shit by now! 

4 hours ago, discgoesmic said:

We normally camp in Darble, and the compost toilets are always very clean. 10/10, would highly recommend. I'd imagine this is because they're so far out of the main areas.

We camp in Bushy and have found the same. Definitely something to be said for not being in a high footfall area! 

• Upvote 1

I've been going to the festival for 10 years and have never found the flushing loos near the farmhouse, but I am terrible with directions! Are they still there? What's the best way to get to them?

Also thanks for the thread @stuartbert two hats - have really enjoyed reading something non Covid.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I've been going to the festival for 10 years and have never found the flushing loos near the farmhouse, but I am terrible with directions! Are they still there? What's the best way to get to them?

Also thanks for the thread @stuartbert two hats - have really enjoyed reading something non Covid.

they got flushed away a few years back I think .....