Best and worst toilets on site (AKA where the shit doesn't end until the festival does)

stuartbert two hats

Which toilets are best?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Best bogs

• Compost
    • Covered long drops
    • Uncovered long drops
    • Portaloos
    • Those ones nr The Stone Circle
    • Urinals
    • The bushes
    • Lenor
    • Other

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Are they different to the normal ones?

No different to any of the other compost style on site. But we always camp on Pennards and have found around 8-9, not long after they’ve been cleaner they’re miles better than any other in the fields nearby and barely a queue.

whereas on the other hand, Always amazes me the queue for the loos midway up pennards (walking up the hill, healing fields to your left) which snakes around and is less than 5 minutes walk 

6 minutes ago, mike46 said:

No different to any of the other compost style on site. But we always camp on Pennards and have found around 8-9, not long after they’ve been cleaner they’re miles better than any other in the fields nearby and barely a queue.

whereas on the other hand, Always amazes me the queue for the loos midway up pennards (walking up the hill, healing fields to your left) which snakes around and is less than 5 minutes walk 

Yeah, in peak times, always take a short trip to find a shorter queue - use the arena toilets when the campsite is full and the campsite toilets when the arena ones are full - excuse the terminology, I'm including King's Meadow as an "arena", but hopefully you get the gist.

21 minutes ago, mike46 said:

Someone once told me that the general rule is that you should never really be queuing for a toilet. There's usually one with less of a queue 5 mins away.

32 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

A second set of compost toilets a bit further back at The Other Stage are waaaaay better. The hordes are too lazy to walk another 20 meters. 

Yes! They were the ones next to the co-op last time right? 

Camped in Oxlyers so usually got there just after they've been cleaned, take your time then wonder over to the co-op for a pint of orange juice and milk before the queue formed.

I was also in these when Dave was on the Other stage, I witnessed (heard) that "Alex from glasto" moment whilst taking my own stage.

Edited by Leyrulion

48 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Worst: The longdrops and urinals at the bottom of Pennards next to the railway track and the Glade. Always packed and always grim. Worst smelling too.

Christ yea, they are hell on earth on both dry and wet years, especially after midnight until about 4am.

34 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You know, I used to quite like the portaloos now and again if they weren't too stinky. There was something reassuring about they way they closed completely and blocked off the outside world. That festival can be a little overstimulating at times.

I know exactly what you mean, the heat and smell of that enclosed cosy cavern of peace is a blessing at times.

Edited by Cooter

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Worst urinals used to be the ones just in T&C by the Ridge and Furrow.

Some weird set up were you pissed opposite some other bloke, there was a metal sheet between you (obvs) but it was strangely open at the bottom. A faint spraying was almost inevitable. 

Agree.. I took this photo with that in mind... I voted bushes because those are the worst... In every way.. P6221268.thumb.JPG.296a9220f81036882809e24b6da8e40a.JPG

Edited by guypjfreak

10 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You know, I used to quite like the portaloos now and again if they weren't too stinky. There was something reassuring about they way they closed completely and blocked off the outside world. That festival can be a little overstimulating at times.

I agree with this, it was a chance to take a moment and gather your thoughts. 

You could still hear the chatter of the outside world and the thumping baselines scattered around, but it was an opportunity to take 5 minutes and think “fucking hell I love this place”. 

However, the portaloos in between the Other stage and Silver Hayes in 2007 were the worst thing I’ve ever seen at a festival. 

Mountains of shit in every one of them. Taller than me, and I’m 6 foot 3. 

Best are the compost toilets. Best of the best are the compost ones in the stone circle as they have that permanent people cleaning them. I always stop and go when I'm passing there and have gone out of my way to do a detour via those toilets when I've needed to go. 

I’ve been incredibly drunk (so can’t remember exactly where) every time I’ve walked by these and even then they have stunk unlike anything else at the festival. Walking back towards Other Stage direction from SE corner along the railway track. They’re fairly soon after leaving SE corner, on the left.

Dear me, give them a wide berth.

Edited by DareToDibble