Best and worst toilets on site (AKA where the shit doesn't end until the festival does)

stuartbert two hats

Which toilets are best?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Best bogs

• Compost
    • Covered long drops
    • Uncovered long drops
    • Portaloos
    • Those ones nr The Stone Circle
    • Urinals
    • The bushes
    • Lenor
    • Other

Worst urinals used to be the ones just in T&C by the Ridge and Furrow.

Some weird set up were you pissed opposite some other bloke, there was a metal sheet between you (obvs) but it was strangely open at the bottom. A faint spraying was almost inevitable. 

Yes, fond memories of a good dump in the ‘real’ toilets while listening to American Pie from the main stage. Song was longer than the queueing, the dump and the hand washing.

I like the composters. They don’t stink nearly as much, plenty of room to hang your bags and coat etc, and if you get in just as the cleaning crew are exiting, they’re quite pleasant.

Best: the flushable ones by the farmhouse

Worst: the portaloo a friend of a friend got pushed over in (I'll spare you the details). Another time I saw a portaloo lying its front by the Other stage and loads of people gawping at it. I ran over and picked it up and got a few people to help. The guy inside was so charged up, when he came flying out he tried to punch me in the face. That's gratitude for you.

Best ... the long drops by John peel .. perfect for reading the glastonbury free press early in the morning 

worst the silver Hayes urinals between SH and Other ... sticky glue like piss filled mud ... and full of cans 

2nd place goes to the ones just off the park ... a nightmare to get in and out 

The sheer lawlessness of an uncovered long drop makes it the finest experience you can have anywhere. Gone are the social anxieties of pooing with a concern for somebody waiting outside. You have as long as you need, there’s no smell (other than the collective one) and with the kind of poo you need at Glastonbury, shitting into a trough is a match made in heaven. ❤️ 

• Like 1

Time has a factor here I think.

Worst are obviously back of the pyramid during the headliners. Full of cups and bottles (and onceI saw a woman sitting in the trough) so piss just sprays everywhere... that is if people are using them and not just pissing up the fence (inside and out).

Best are the long drops between John Peel and Silver Hayes. Early in the morning, when the weather is fine and crisp and the air is full of the sounds of the first stirrings of a new day. But only if you’re the first in after the clean up crew have given them a good water blasting, 

5 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Yes, fond memories of a good dump in the ‘real’ toilets while listening to American Pie from the main stage. Song was longer than the queueing, the dump and the hand washing.

I like the composters. They don’t stink nearly as much, plenty of room to hang your bags and coat etc, and if you get in just as the cleaning crew are exiting, they’re quite pleasant.

Do you remember if you cried?
Cosi it sounds like something touched you deep inside
I hope it didn't land foul on the grass
I bet the half-time air wasn't sweet perfume
Do you recall what was revealed?
Sounds like the levee wasn't dry
And finally: can music save your mortal a'soul?

• Like 1