Watchet Festival

blutarsky

This is close to me, around 30 miles (although a 1 hour 15 drive) and am considering it y to or the end of summer. Mrs Blutarsky are buying and converting a van and should be ready to use it by august. 

Watchet is obviously a smaller festival and the line up doesn’t look amazing. Is there enough going on to warrant a £180 spend on a pair of tickets? 

We’ll also have a 1 year old in tow. Is it baby friendly? 

Any reviews /info welcome. 

I've been going for the last 6 years , it's a great little festival well worth the money as far as I'm concerned, great atmosphere, cheap beer/cider and decent acts, though hardly cutting edge! Suits us old 'uns though. I've got tickets for this year held over from 2020 but to be honest I'd be really surprised if it goes ahead, I'm expecting it to be carried over again.

• Upvote 1

Didn't answer the baby question, i've no experience with babies at festivals but can't see any reason why you would have a problem, campervan field is pretty quiet and friendly and you can get back there from the main arena in 5-10 mins if need be. One more thing, the site is on the top of a hill overlooking the sea, once the sun goes down it can get very chilly, especially if the wind is blowing up from the water, so you will need warm clothes for later on!

I’ve been going for several years and echo the previous reply that it’s a great little fest and good value - without being cutting edge!

Our kids are 7 and 5, so last time they were 5 and 3 - but we’ve taken them from when they were babies. Never been a problem, there’s a chunk of the kids area set aside for babies - play, feeding, nappy changing. The crowd is fairly decent - can get a bit raucous later in the evening but nothing uncomfortable. Loads to do away from the site - you’ll probably know it’s a fairly steep walk into town.

To sum up, I’d say it’s almost an ideal festival for first time new parents.

• Upvote 1

On 1/28/2021 at 5:23 PM, Ringo_Spar said:

I’ve been going for several years and echo the previous reply that it’s a great little fest and good value - without being cutting edge!

Our kids are 7 and 5, so last time they were 5 and 3 - but we’ve taken them from when they were babies. Never been a problem, there’s a chunk of the kids area set aside for babies - play, feeding, nappy changing. The crowd is fairly decent - can get a bit raucous later in the evening but nothing uncomfortable. Loads to do away from the site - you’ll probably know it’s a fairly steep walk into town.

To sum up, I’d say it’s almost an ideal festival for first time new parents.

Thanks, that sounds great. Will speak to Mrs B about booking. 

• 2 months later...

Watchet Festival 2021 Update today: https://www.watchetfestival.co.uk/news/ 

The tl;dr is: 

• Hoping to go ahead still.
  • Reducing capacity so very limited tickets to be put on sale due to existing rollovers.
  • Says whole country needs to be at lowest alert level if festivals are to happen. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...