Silver Lining

shuttlep

As there will be no festival  this year ,  I would have been more surprised if there was . Actually hearing it though is a real gutter , like being punched in the stomach then kicked in the nethers just for good measure.

I am going to look on the bright side, look for that silver lining 

1. We should all be a load safer in 2022

2. What a fucking party it's going to be.

3. no ticket madness this year.

4. If  you don't have tickets and were hoping on the re sale, there will be more in the pot. People circumstances will have changed. How many people have got married / had kids / situations totally changed since October 2019.

any more?

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

As there will be no festival  this year ,  I would have been more surprised if there was . Actually hearing it though is a real gutter , like being punched in the stomach then kicked in the nethers just for good measure.

4. If  you don't have tickets and were hoping on the re sale, there will be more in the pot. People circumstances will have changed. How many people have got married / had kids / situations totally changed since October 2019.

any more?

Absolutely ... the friends ive made on here and the ones ive ( Met ) on the Virtual Meets ....  a lovely group of people 🙂 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

any more?

Gives me more time to get fitter after the lockdown inactivity ! (all self inflicted) - I'm feeling hopeful of 2022 so let operation get in shape commence 

There are bigger fish to fry really. If people are still in trouble in June, getting drunk in a field might not feel quite so clever.

All the money saved.

Are we getting Too Old For That Shit?!

And, evidently from the fact I have managed to find so many positives - I don't actually have a ticket.

I agree with the ticket thing. I said in another thread I had a horrible dream about ticket day not long ago, which as it gets closer I tend to have more and more of.

Obviously I’d much Glastonbury be on every year to at least attempt to go to it, but whatever way you slice it Ticket day is a horrendous ordeal and not having it for the best part of two years is a bonus.

On the other hand, not wishing to be all morbid and depressing but Covid really goes to show how you can’t take anything whatsoever in life for granted, and you never know when your last Glastonbury will be! Obviously this year was a no go, but I’d never wish them not to happen because you never know what life is going to chuck your way between now and the next one.

6 minutes ago, BFisherr said:

I wonder if there will be a bit of an age shift in the 2022 demographic, can't imagine may 18-21 year olds will have been buying tickets 3 years prior, not saying that's a good or bad thing, just a difference. 

I assume it will just be the same crowd but 3 years older as they are rolling over tickets, so generally an older crowd, unless there are alot more tickets given back

Great sentiment for a thread - my spring to mind list below:

• That the lead up won't be about will it or won't it happen.
  • Opens up the opportunity to support smaller festivals which may need it more.
  • The international contingent will be there
  • Taylor swift is more likely as well as other international artists in general.
  • More chance to meet more efesters on the virtual meets (you know where we are).

The silver lining for me is I have a year to concentrate on getting my dog better as She needs a few surgeries and I can now just pick the best time rather than worry about how I'll cope for Glastonbury. As someone who doesn't have a ticket hopefully a 2 year gap means there is more in the resale pot as lots of life will have happened in that time. 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 5:31 PM, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Well in going with two first timers who have both since passed 30 and I will have passed 40 by next year, all in our next decade from when we bought tickets 😣

I had just turned 38 when I bought my ticket and will be almost 41 by the time I use it! (birthday in August)

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Me too, birthday in August also, 40th this year!

Yep 😪

I’m meant to be having a big party at a relatives house on Aug 7th as a one day festival complete with hired bar, DJ, pizza van and camping. 

I won’t be happy if I have to cancel it! 

On 1/22/2021 at 5:21 PM, BFisherr said:

I wonder if there will be a bit of an age shift in the 2022 demographic, can't imagine may 18-21 year olds will have been buying tickets 3 years prior, not saying that's a good or bad thing, just a difference. 

I have been thinking this, over the years I have noticed there are more and more over the age of lets say 35

and this will get worse now, everyone is that little bit older now..

I also wonder what the longest time from buying a ticket to a gig and the actual gig is:?

Edited by shuttlep

2 hours ago, shuttlep said:

I have been thinking this, over the years I have noticed there are more and more over the age of lets say 35

and this will get worse now, everyone is that little bit older now..

I also wonder what the longest time from buying a ticket to a gig and the actual gig is:?

We bought elton john tickets for November 2021 at the end of 2019 (so 1 years in advance ) (which at the time I thought was stupidly fat in advance) , and now its been delayed (at the moment) until November 2022 

11 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

We bought elton john tickets for November 2021 at the end of 2019 (so 1 years in advance ) (which at the time I thought was stupidly fat in advance) , and now its been delayed (at the moment) until November 2022 

it's Elton John though , you know it will be fun

On 1/25/2021 at 3:50 PM, gooner1990 said:

Yep 😪

I’m meant to be having a big party at a relatives house on Aug 7th as a one day festival complete with hired bar, DJ, pizza van and camping. 

I won’t be happy if I have to cancel it! 

Should have celebrated my 40th on the Sunday of last year’s festival. Was too good to be true!