Rolling Chance of Glastonbury 2022 Thread

eFestivals

6 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Citation needed. 

I think it's likely they'll be planning to require proof of a negative test or vaccination for entry, they might not actually use it given how things are progressing.

Don’t think need a citation for merely noticing that vast numbers of various counter cultures, yoga, ‘natural’ well being movements, those sometimes known as ‘hippies’ and so on are very vocal against vaccinations. 

Even if we imagined that Glastonbury perfectly reflected wider society then only 70% (unsure of latest figure) or so would have been fully vaxxed. Making ~60k people there unvaxxed (assuming 200k). I personally don’t think they’ll bother with vaccinations as a condition of entry because why would they if all restrictions are gone. 

Of course can’t give a citation for any of that so I’ll just retract it and you can bask in the glory of an internet victory. 🏆

53 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

Don’t think need a citation for merely noticing that vast numbers of various counter cultures, yoga, ‘natural’ well being movements, those sometimes known as ‘hippies’ and so on are very vocal against vaccinations.

All the 'hippies' I know are fully vaxxed. It's a few of my more 'professional' and right wing leaning acquaintances who are against it. 

20 minutes ago, sime said:

All the 'hippies' I know are fully vaxxed. It's a few of my more 'professional' and right wing leaning acquaintances who are against it. 

Well if we’re trading anecdotes my ‘hippy’ neighbours who work in the theatre field aren’t vaxxed and - so they say - are none of their friends. I also have plenty of ‘professional’ and right wing acquaintances who aren’t vaxxed, but I was imagining they’re less of the Glasto audience (maybe wrongly). 

*given the price tag these days maybe there’s an even bigger spread of anti vaxxers across the Glasto population than I’d previously thought 🙂

Edited by whitehorses
Addition

17 hours ago, AlexOvd said:

Testing one day before is scary AF.

Unless it's a supervised test, which it won't be, then nothing to stop folks (other than the morality of it) from simply registering a 'negative' test on their NHS app and schlepping in.  It's already known to be a loophole, which is partly why Boris is suggesting ditching legal requirement to isolate a month early.

8 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Unless it's a supervised test, which it won't be, then nothing to stop folks (other than the morality of it) from simply registering a 'negative' test on their NHS app and schlepping in.  It's already known to be a loophole, which is partly why Boris is suggesting ditching legal requirement to isolate a month early.

But the NHS app is only for the ones who live in the UK, not foreigners I guess. 

I’m guessing we’ll know about any additional entry requirements in a couple of weeks. I doubt they’d allow people to make balance payments without being up front about the need to be vaccinated or tested. 

I’d love them to make vaccination (or evidence of legitimate exemption) a condition of entry, personally. Maybe it’ll force some of those “my own research” w*nkers who haven’t bothered to step up and do it, and keep the site a bit safer for the rest of us. 

Edited by kalifire

Not to get into it but I just want to counter the misinformation above. 92% of the population over 12 has had at least one dose of vaccine. Booster programme is a little way behind that but not everyone is currently eligibile for 3 doses.

Anti vaxxers are a very very tiny minority of the population.

As I said, they'll be at least putting plans in to be able to have the infrastructure for covid test/vaccine checking should they need to. Very probable that they won't.

3 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Not to get into it but I just want to counter the misinformation above. 92% of the population over 12 has had at least one dose of vaccine. Booster programme is a little way behind that but not everyone is currently eligibile for 3 doses.

Anti vaxxers are a very very tiny minority of the population.

As I said, they'll be at least putting plans in to be able to have the infrastructure for covid test/vaccine checking should they need to. Very probable that they won't.

8% is not a very very tiny minority, to be fair. And that's one jab. You're looking at 35% of people are missing at least the booster. 

Edit: badly worded, removed 'if not more' from final sentence. 

Edited by Freddyflintstonree

1 hour ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

8% is not a very very tiny minority, to be fair. And that's one jab. You're looking at 35% of people are missing at least the booster. 

Edit: badly worded, removed 'if not more' from final sentence. 

We'll disagree on the interpretation of the numbers, like I said don't want to get into it. Just correcting misinformation.

12 hours ago, whitehorses said:

Even if we imagined that Glastonbury perfectly reflected wider society then only 70% (unsure of latest figure) or so would have been fully vaxxed. Making ~60k people there unvaxxed (assuming 200k). I personally don’t think they’ll bother with vaccinations as a condition of entry because why would they if all restrictions are gone. 

Of course can’t give a citation for any of that so I’ll just retract it and you can bask in the glory of an internet victory. 🏆

We are currently at 90% of UK people over 12 have had a first dose.  Therefore it’s reasonable to expect by June, 90% will be fully vaccinated. 

It won’t be a condition of entry though, I agree. 

12 hours ago, whitehorses said:

Well if we’re trading anecdotes my ‘hippy’ neighbours who work in the theatre field aren’t vaxxed and - so they say - are none of their friends. I also have plenty of ‘professional’ and right wing acquaintances who aren’t vaxxed, but I was imagining they’re less of the Glasto audience (maybe wrongly). 

*given the price tag these days maybe there’s an even bigger spread of anti vaxxers across the Glasto population than I’d previously thought 🙂

I'd guess that more people at the festival will be vaxxed than not. But we are both just making assumptions. 

3 hours ago, stuie said:

We are currently at 90% of UK people over 12 have had a first dose.  Therefore it’s reasonable to expect by June, 90% will be fully vaccinated. 

It won’t be a condition of entry though, I agree. 

7 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I guess they had to plan ahead for if it was needed, but with the knowledge it might not be needed. Currently its not needed but 4 months is a long time 

From the ticket info page on the website... “may” is the operative word though and I believe when the time comes, this won’t be enforced.

btw 100%

FEC84155-52FE-4C17-8002-D92A38E7FF4E.png

11 hours ago, John the Moth said:

From the ticket info page on the website... “may” is the operative word though and I believe when the time comes, this won’t be enforced.

btw 100%

FEC84155-52FE-4C17-8002-D92A38E7FF4E.png

As long as those travelling from New Zealand don’t expect James Blunt songs playing as they queue up to get in I’m sure there will be no problems 😉. What a cruel way to break up a demonstration. Water cannons and riot cops would be less terrifying. 

On 2/13/2022 at 9:17 PM, sime said:

I'd guess that more people at the festival will be vaxxed than not. But we are both just making assumptions. 

Not very bold with your guesses! >90% population vaxxed means it is virtually impossible there'll be a majority of non-vaxxed punters. 

Anyway, this ain't no covid thread. 

The festival will be on.

100%

Look At This Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Aside: there are some amazing Trump gifs but I can't find a stop the count one 

12 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Not very bold with your guesses! >90% population vaxxed means it is virtually impossible there'll be a majority of non-vaxxed punters. 

Anyway, this ain't no covid thread. 

The festival will be on.

100%

Look At This Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Aside: there are some amazing Trump gifs but I can't find a stop the count one 

Bold? No. Trying to be reasonable? Yes.

I would love for everyone at the festival to be vaxxed. But I'm no dummy and understand there will unfortunately be anti-vaxxers there too. Although agreed, not that many thankfully.

Do I think the festival will still take place? Absolutely. 100%

Edited by sime

10 hours ago, sime said:

Bold? No. Trying to be reasonable? Yes.

I would love for everyone at the festival to be vaxxed. But I'm no dummy and understand there will unfortunately be anti-vaxxers there too. Although agreed, not that many thankfully.

Do I think the festival will still take place? Absolutely. 100%

Have to take into account the average age of the festival goer too. The higher that is the higher the vax rate will be.. as is the way in the real world numbers. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...