Jump to content

Rolling Chance of Glastonbury 2022 Thread


eFestivals
 Share

Recommended Posts

I cannot believe there is even debate in this thread. It will definitely be going ahead, apart from if a freak weather event ruins the site in the week before gates. 
 

The live music industry is basically back to its pre pandemic state. Green man and end of the road essentially went ahead as normal other than the need to prove a negative test or full vaccination on entry which is very little burden on customers or organisers.

People are able to travel overseas with almost no restrictions now. massive events are going ahead fully indoors. Its happening. The govt and society in general have jointly come to the conclusion that life goes on.

perhaps most importantly glastonbury needs to happen financially in 2022 or they’ll be in a heck of a pickle.

Edited by Memory Man
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I just don’t wanna go back there and converse with some in there .. apologies I’ll stick to numbers … a few of my posts went slightly off track from a percentage 

Didn’t mean it in a bad way mate, just wanted to avoid the slippery slope back to the black hole from which no joy can escape. 

Anyhow, to reiterate, 100%.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s moved to the discussions forum … although it’s not got much balance anymore 

Where’s the discussion forum? I only really look at the chats, but can’t find what you mean… 

 

edit: don’t worry, found it. Looks fun 😬

Edited by whitehorses
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I agree. It would take something very serious to derail 2022 now. This is our life for the foreseeable future, co-existing with it until its effects become generally less serious. The biggest threat won't be to the festival going ahead but more on an individual basis, the fear of contracting the virus in the week leading up and needing to self-isolate. 

And I say this as somebody who is healthy, mask-wearing and double-jabbed with zero other contributory factors and currently spending my seventh consecutive day in bed, unable to stand for any more than ten minutes without getting completely exhausted for the rest of day. Plus a number of other horrible symptoms. 

The festival will go ahead, 100% but the spectre of the virus will remain.

This sounds so grim. Hope you feel better soon! 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

This sounds so grim. Hope you feel better soon! 

Thanks ZMG 😊, it is. I'm sure at some point I trivialised the virus at some stage. If I did, I was very wrong. Feels like I'm coming out the other side now but it's left me very fatigued. Others have had it much worse though. 

Anyway, my point stands. Glastonbury 2022 to go ahead: 100%. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s moved to the discussions forum … although it’s not got much balance anymore 

 

21 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It's basically the same four or five posters slagging off the same few scientists.

I haven't dived on in but yes, I've seen it down there. It was starting to get a bit out of wack a few months back and increasingly embrace the less helpful side. Can imagine if there is a return to restrictions that it won't be a happy place to be.

Glasto 2022? I'll say 95%. Reading and Boardmasters got to do theirs and I imagine effort will be put in to make it happen, but  I'm not quite 100% in case something happens that compromises the ability to set the thing up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Thanks ZMG 😊, it is. I'm sure at some point I trivialised the virus at some stage. If I did, I was very wrong. Feels like I'm coming out the other side now but it's left me very fatigued. Others have had it much worse though. 

Anyway, my point stands. Glastonbury 2022 to go ahead: 100%. 

Ah mate that sucks. I have to be honest, I'm dreading getting it myself having escaped it thus far. Get well soon! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, charlierc said:

 

I haven't dived on in but yes, I've seen it down there. It was starting to get a bit out of wack a few months back and increasingly embrace the less helpful side. Can imagine if there is a return to restrictions that it won't be a happy place to be.

Glasto 2022? I'll say 95%. Reading and Boardmasters got to do theirs and I imagine effort will be put in to make it happen, but  I'm not quite 100% in case something happens that compromises the ability to set the thing up.

The weird thing about it is that it's mainly the same few people who are adamant that Covid is pretty much over who want to keep talking about how right they are about that. Very odd.

Anyway back on track I'll say 95% but chances of ticketless me being there 5%.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

The weird thing about it is that it's mainly the same few people who are adamant that Covid is pretty much over who want to keep talking about how right they are about that. Very odd.

Anyway back on track I'll say 95% but chances of ticketless me being there 5%.

Yeah it’s very weird, you’d think if it was all over they’d stop but it’s just about Scientist bashing now.

Anyway the rain woke me up but it’s still 100% on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Yeah it’s very weird, you’d think if it was all over they’d stop but it’s just about Scientist bashing now.

Anyway the rain woke me up but it’s still 100% on.

I completely understand why it had to move, but the news stories over the last few days are making me wish we still had somewhere to discuss it without getting shouted down immediately. It was good to have that place to mull over this stuff, especially given the current case numbers and government non-response. Ah well.

95%

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I completely understand why it had to move, but the news stories over the last few days are making me wish we still had somewhere to discuss it without getting shouted down immediately. It was good to have that place to mull over this stuff, especially given the current case numbers and government non-response. Ah well.

95%

I agree, I’d like to a place to discuss it again like the thread was originally but I’d just rather not engage in that thread.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At this point covid will be dragging on deep into 2025… we are living with it. Shouldn't have any impact on a summer mainly outdoor event. I can see a mask mandate being brought in at the worst times (december to february, and indeed it should never have been dropped) but its extremely unlikely that the tories will go for any level of restriction on peoples freedoms to do certain activities (i.e the thing that puts festivals at risk) now anyone can have a vaccine. They love a fully functioning economy and will prioritise that over peoples health.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/28/2021 at 7:40 PM, assorted said:

100% that email felt good to receive 

95% - The side that is pushing for restrictions now in the UK, they won’t stop once they get some. They will keep pushing, and that side does not want festivals happening, even in summer. When have the people that have demanded more restrictions ever been OK with loosening restrictions? This idea of some on here that thinks, “restrictions now will mean we can have festivals later” are not looking at what’s happening. You don’t get an eventual treat if you stay at home and wear a mask today, you will just embolden the people that want restrictions to push for more. Covid is endemic, it’s never leaving, everyone is getting it. This discussion now is how we end up living for the next 10 years. If “plan b” happens I will go lower still. 😕 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...