Rolling Chance of Glastonbury 2022 Thread

eFestivals

On 7/18/2021 at 4:28 PM, assorted said:

54% and i'm not sure i'm shooting up to 95% when tomorrow and then Reading happens. This freakout about VARIANT DELTA is worrying me, as this winter when Glastonbury has to decide once again i'm sure it'll be VARIANT GARY IT'S EVEN MORE DEADLY(ish)... hope i am wrong!

49% - don’t think them cancelling their September concert is a good sign for how they’ll be thinking when it’s winter, cases are up again, probably a new variant again, and they have to decide again. 

At some point in the near future (like the next few months) they need to make a decision on the tickets already sold and how they validate the vaccine status of ticket holders. Other festivals next year can factor that into their planning but Glastonbury has sold out and will need to retrospectively find a way of checking status other than ‘on the door’ which clearly can’t work. And there is the added issue of non-UK ticket holders. It feels so unlikely that it can be resolved in the few months between now and the end of 2021 that it will need to be sorted for it to go ahead. The ‘outdoors’ argument won’t stack up with scientific and medical experts who have the tiniest understanding of how packed together the 200k people are at Glastonbury. 

1 hour ago, Blisterpack said:

At some point in the near future (like the next few months) they need to make a decision on the tickets already sold and how they validate the vaccine status of ticket holders. Other festivals next year can factor that into their planning but Glastonbury has sold out and will need to retrospectively find a way of checking status other than ‘on the door’ which clearly can’t work. And there is the added issue of non-UK ticket holders. It feels so unlikely that it can be resolved in the few months between now and the end of 2021 that it will need to be sorted for it to go ahead. The ‘outdoors’ argument won’t stack up with scientific and medical experts who have the tiniest understanding of how packed together the 200k people are at Glastonbury. 

Confirmation of vaccine status can be provided when paying off the remaining amount of the ticket.

• Upvote 2

95% The September event being cancelled has no bearing on the main festival. I'm convinced it was due to logistical (no time/local opposition/the agro of collecting vaccine status) and economic (how many tickets are they really going to sell for a day gig in a very isolated location with limited local accommodation). The main festival won't have these issues. For me, the bigger problem is having no chance of getting tickets for it. 

1 hour ago, Padgey said:

Confirmation of vaccine status can be provided when paying off the remaining amount of the ticket.

I get that, but is there a ‘system’ for it? You are talking about validation of about 150k people from all over the world. And as you say, it might need to be done in about 10 weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Surely lots of other festivals will be in the same position re having to retrospectively check vaccination status as loads of them have rolled over tickets from this year and last year. It will be something for the industry to resolve somehow.

if we still have it in place ? who knows ? it may well be just to increase the uptake ? and then slowly vanish