Rolling Chance of Glastonbury 2022 Thread

eFestivals

100%. If it doesn’t happen in 2022 it might as well never happen again. 

I am perplexed that people could see festivals happening last summer and not think glasto is a sure thing when millions more vaccines and boosters have been given out in the interim and last summer proved it’s fine. We’ve also had indoor arenas open for months now 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

100%. If it doesn’t happen in 2022 it might as well never happen again. 

I am perplexed that people could see festivals happening last summer and not think glasto is a sure thing when millions more vaccines and boosters have been given out in the interim and last summer proved it’s fine. We’ve also had indoor arenas open for months now 

I think you're correct but after 2 years of this 'shit' we've come to learn that a fresh curveball can come at any time, hence the cautious optimism from some including myself.  Not so sure that last summer 'proved it's fine' though...there were several events that made headlines due to significant spreading.  GFL will want to be sure they don't end up on that rollcall of names.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I think you're correct but after 2 years of this 'shit' we've come to learn that a fresh curveball can come at any time, hence the cautious optimism from some including myself.  Not so sure that last summer 'proved it's fine' though...there were several events that made headlines due to significant spreading.  GFL will want to be sure they don't end up on that rollcall of names.

To me last summer defo proved it’s fine and we will be in an even better place this summer. 

January looks pretty grim but I don’t see why they would let them stop them ploughing on and organising stuff. Glasto could almost have happened last year they just couldn’t take the risk, it won’t be the same this year after they’ve seen dozens of other festivals do it last summer 

2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Compare that 'significant spreading' then to what's happening now though - highest ever numbers, rates escalating dramatically, however indoor events are still going on. If restrictions aren't being put in place now, no reason to think they would be in place when the weather is warmer, for an outside event. 

Nice to see the 90+ percentages on here! 100% for me.  It’s just as well worthy farm is in rural Somerset and not up here in Scotland.  The MacEavises farm would be restricted to 500 folk standing 2m apart and arrested if they dared dance or sing. The sacred space would be replaced by the Sturgeon worshipping altar with the faithful chanting ‘It’s Westminsters fault, give us more money’. 
rant over. 100%,bring it on.  

• Upvote 1

98%. May be some international acts which may cancel, but they'll be a festival this year. Govt didn't give a shit over Xmas, they'll leave summer alone

Almost Deffo a covid pass which will be needed.

Good thing it's not in Scotland or Wales. The bedwetters would have definitely cancelled it there.

19 minutes ago, zahidf said:

98%. May be some international acts which may cancel, but they'll be a festival this year. Govt didn't give a shit over Xmas, they'll leave summer alone

Almost Deffo a covid pass which will be needed.

Good thing it's not in Scotland or Wales. The bedwetters would have definitely cancelled it there.

This isn’t the covid thread … take your bed wetting shit back there …  

99.141529654 % 

• Upvote 3

Vaccination rates are good, the death rate is low and the virus appears to be weakening, especially in the vaccinated. Yes at this time the NHS is very very stressed and there is a high degree of staff absent......This situation won't last and we have to learn with covid as a fact of life.....

Much has changed since 9 & 12 months ago.....Glasto 100%