Rolling Chance of Glastonbury 2022 Thread

eFestivals

Its a given that a covid pass will be a condition of entry, negative test or proof of vaccination. Doesnt take more than 5 seconds to check it alongside a ticket. Ridiculous to think an almost fully outdoor festival in June 2022 wont be happening. Its full steam ahead. Jan & Feb will be crap but march onwards will get exponentially better. Winters will suck but summers are now “as you were” as far as im concerned domestically. International travel will still be a ball ache.

Edited by Memory Man

3 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Its a given that a covid pass will be a condition of entry, negative test or proof of vaccination. Doesnt take more than 5 seconds to check it alongside a ticket. Ridiculous to think an almost fully outdoor festival in June 2022 wont be happening. Its full steam ahead. Jan & Feb will be crap but march onwards will get exponentially better. Winters will suck but summers are now “as you were” as far as im concerned domestically. International travel will still be a ball ache.

I think thats reasonable to say .... but people have been hit in the past when others have said its 100% happening .... I agree it will and for the exact same reasons but im not surprised if people for various reasons may see it differently 

Its like the wave wont end, of course it will. Not wanting to make this a covid thread but think back to this past summer. There were no football crowds as late as May. But after “freedom day” you basically got your life back. They wont be waiting till july to make everything normal again. That will be done as soon as winter flu season is over. As soon as there is no clear threat to NHS bed capacity then everything will go back to how it was and a June festival should not even be remotely at risk.

Edited by Memory Man

On 12/21/2021 at 10:06 AM, Avalon_Fields said:

I understand the very fast rise of omicron may mean it falls quicker too. Undoubtedly January will be bad but hopefully there’s a big improvement in time for Glastonbury to prepare with reasonable confidence. Worth noting big festivals such as Reading/Leeds did happen without many issues. So I’ll be less optimistic than before but still believe. 90%

Just realised I downvoted this instead of upvoting it .  Sorry , when using a phone I didn’t see the option properly  

On 12/20/2021 at 9:59 PM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm floating around the 90% mark at the moment. I'm thinking 2022 is now set to be similar to 2021, a really difficult first quarter of the year but in this case, I think we'll have a better Spring and a full festival season, thanks to how much more advanced we are with vaccines over this year. The spectre of postponements, cancellations and last minute dropouts from artists to punters and everyone in between due to the obvious will still loom large over us for some time yet, unfortunately

Despite the crazy infection rates (I think we'll see a quarter of a million cases per day very soon), the other key factors don't appear to be causing the experts and authorities too much of a concern. The lack of any more stringent restrictions post-Christmas would seem to support this. Either that, or they may just have allowed the new year celebrations to continue, knowing how much of a boost it is to the economy. It's happening, but as I've said before, the lineups may need some very careful (and very stressful) management, right up to the last minute. Expect to see some "lineup subject to change" caveats more clearly highlighted on the posters.

Precis: 95%

Said it many times but it’s a completely different ball game now. Cautiously super optimistic.

The festival is part of a live events reinsurance scheme now, so it doesn’t have to tread so close to the wire. Acts are confident by plotting tours and the public is shrugging off their virus fears.

Once the hot weather comes in I reckon we will go back to a point where people are barely wearing masks again.

90%