Rolling Chance of Glastonbury 2022 Thread

eFestivals

18 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Our local rate is over 1k per 100k , and we are just up the road from festival, I don’t see anyone wearing masks or taking this virus seriously anymore. 

Has nothing to do with Glastonbury going ahead next June. 

There are literally full stadiums and arenas right now, also look at this summer. By late summer every fest happened. Your view is ludicrously pessimistic 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Blahhh now seeing Manchester is cancelling all fireworks events as well. I know I keep banging the same drum but I am getting increasingly worried. Still 75% though. Have to agree with the calls for the covid thread to return here though, it was good for news updates if nothing else. 

I'm not sure I'd want it back in here in its current state. I've read it a bit lately but it's just the same couple of posters now and we all know what they think without having to read their endless posts. 

I've been venturing to Reddit to read some coronavirus chat and it seems a lot more civilised than that thread. 

10 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Seems to be that anything not ticketed is being cancelled. Is it just because it’s easier to control crowds?

My local fireworks aren’t going ahead either!

Yeah it seems that way, the only exception is the London fireworks but as that's 100,000 people and others gather all round the city to watch them its harder to control, plus they're doing an alternative event for it anyways so I see no reason why Glasto won't happen next year - 100% on 

5 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Aside from any threat from Covid, what might the festival do if it looked like London Bridge was going down in the period leading up to late June?

Been in the news recently and might present quite a dilemma.

If London Bridge actually fell down in June, all bets are off. This country will go out of their tiny minds when it happens. I can’t see it being cancelled, but the atmosphere would be.. weird.

Anyway, back on track. 100%.

18 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

yes , i am aware , we have been to a couple of festivals as well as a number of concerts inc a couple of NHS free ones as my wife is a staff nurse.

my reason for the low " current " percentage is the incredibly high local rates down here in the west country.inc Mendip ( which covers the site ) where the rate is 1084 per 100k ! . which in itself is a bit of a worry , but when you couple that with the lack of face masks and people just ignoring the fact that Covid is still out there , i can see the rates staying high/ increasing .

Case rates now mean nothing for what will happen next summer. Also I imagine your area will have been impacted by the lab problems and false negatives. Cases in England have plummeted in the last couple days anyway and modelling now saying sinter will be fine.

It's 100% on

2 hours ago, Copperface said:

Aside from any threat from Covid, what might the festival do if it looked like London Bridge was going down in the period leading up to late June?

Been in the news recently and might present quite a dilemma.

The 2019 festival managed to go ahead despite the recent death of famed immunologist Teruko Ishizaka. If a considerably less accomplished woman in their 90s pops her clogs, I'm sure we'll be fine to party on guilt free.

2 hours ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

If London Bridge actually fell down in June, all bets are off. This country will go out of their tiny minds when it happens. I can’t see it being cancelled, but the atmosphere would be.. weird.

Anyway, back on track. 100%.

Slightly different person but when Phillip died in April it was the weekend before an easing of restrictions and I was sure they'd delay it for that but didn't, I know we enter a mourning period but I don't know if they could force everything off at that moment at such short notice 

1 minute ago, Chapple12345 said:

Slightly different person but when Phillip died in April it was the weekend before an easing of restrictions and I was sure they'd delay it for that but didn't, I know we enter a mourning period but I don't know if they could force everything off at that moment at such short notice 

Pretty sure this debate came up before and the conclusion was that yes we'd be cancelled. Can't remember what that was based on though... or even if it was on efestivals at all! 

Edited by efcfanwirral

also without going too much down the covid news route, that Politico article today that claims the government were "assuming plan B would go until March" puts me at 95% about Glastonbury. The big worry would be any restrictions  that go further than that but it sounds like we're looking at a sensible  March end whatever comes in, so all good with the build 

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

also without going too much down the covid news route, that Politico article today that claims the government were "assuming plan B would go until March" puts me at 95% about Glastonbury. The big worry would be any restrictions  that go further than that but it sounds like we're looking at a sensible  March end whatever comes in, so all good with the build 

Plan B isn’t happening. Cases are dropping and will continue to do so in the coming months months 

• 1 month later...