Rolling Chance of Glastonbury 2022 Thread

eFestivals

44 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I haven't dived on in but yes, I've seen it down there. It was starting to get a bit out of wack a few months back and increasingly embrace the less helpful side. Can imagine if there is a return to restrictions that it won't be a happy place to be.

Glasto 2022? I'll say 95%. Reading and Boardmasters got to do theirs and I imagine effort will be put in to make it happen, but  I'm not quite 100% in case something happens that compromises the ability to set the thing up.

The weird thing about it is that it's mainly the same few people who are adamant that Covid is pretty much over who want to keep talking about how right they are about that. Very odd.

Anyway back on track I'll say 95% but chances of ticketless me being there 5%.

6 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

The weird thing about it is that it's mainly the same few people who are adamant that Covid is pretty much over who want to keep talking about how right they are about that. Very odd.

Anyway back on track I'll say 95% but chances of ticketless me being there 5%.

Yeah it’s very weird, you’d think if it was all over they’d stop but it’s just about Scientist bashing now.

Anyway the rain woke me up but it’s still 100% on.

4 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Yeah it’s very weird, you’d think if it was all over they’d stop but it’s just about Scientist bashing now.

Anyway the rain woke me up but it’s still 100% on.

I completely understand why it had to move, but the news stories over the last few days are making me wish we still had somewhere to discuss it without getting shouted down immediately. It was good to have that place to mull over this stuff, especially given the current case numbers and government non-response. Ah well.

95%

35 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I completely understand why it had to move, but the news stories over the last few days are making me wish we still had somewhere to discuss it without getting shouted down immediately. It was good to have that place to mull over this stuff, especially given the current case numbers and government non-response. Ah well.

95%

I agree, I’d like to a place to discuss it again like the thread was originally but I’d just rather not engage in that thread.

• Upvote 1

At this point covid will be dragging on deep into 2025… we are living with it. Shouldn't have any impact on a summer mainly outdoor event. I can see a mask mandate being brought in at the worst times (december to february, and indeed it should never have been dropped) but its extremely unlikely that the tories will go for any level of restriction on peoples freedoms to do certain activities (i.e the thing that puts festivals at risk) now anyone can have a vaccine. They love a fully functioning economy and will prioritise that over peoples health.

On 9/28/2021 at 7:40 PM, assorted said:

100% that email felt good to receive 

95% - The side that is pushing for restrictions now in the UK, they won’t stop once they get some. They will keep pushing, and that side does not want festivals happening, even in summer. When have the people that have demanded more restrictions ever been OK with loosening restrictions? This idea of some on here that thinks, “restrictions now will mean we can have festivals later” are not looking at what’s happening. You don’t get an eventual treat if you stay at home and wear a mask today, you will just embolden the people that want restrictions to push for more. Covid is endemic, it’s never leaving, everyone is getting it. This discussion now is how we end up living for the next 10 years. If “plan b” happens I will go lower still. 😕 

29 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

100%, if festivals happened this summer then they definitely next summer. Don't lose the faith gang.

I agree with that. We are however going to have a difficult period over winter and would expect increased hygiene measures and probably proof of vaccination for next summer.  We have to live with this virus, we can’t just spend the foreseeable years isolating, hiding in our houses staring at screens.  We’ve got to get back out there interacting, conversing, we need human contact.     100%. 

1 hour ago, assorted said:

95% - The side that is pushing for restrictions now in the UK, they won’t stop once they get some. They will keep pushing, and that side does not want festivals happening, even in summer. 

They didn't want restrictions loosened in the summer and they still did. What exactly do u think these people can do? The people in power don't want restrictions it's as simple as that.

10000000000%

39 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I agree with that. We are however going to have a difficult period over winter and would expect increased hygiene measures and probably proof of vaccination for next summer.  We have to live with this virus, we can’t just spend the foreseeable years isolating, hiding in our houses staring at screens.  We’ve got to get back out there interacting, conversing, we need human contact.     100%. 

I'm very wise.

You are right we'll have a difficult winter, not helped by the government who'll try to make wrong decisions but with so many vaccinated GFL should be able to get people on site to start the build in late March, which was the major issue this year.

24 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I'm very wise.

You are right we'll have a difficult winter, not helped by the government who'll try to make wrong decisions but with so many vaccinated GFL should be able to get people on site to start the build in late March, which was the major issue this year.

That’s correct, regular testing in place and vaccinations should allow the build to start unhindered.  applications for traders is on the main site now so things are moving apace. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

Blahhh now seeing Manchester is cancelling all fireworks events as well. I know I keep banging the same drum but I am getting increasingly worried. Still 75% though. Have to agree with the calls for the covid thread to return here though, it was good for news updates if nothing else. 

3 hours ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Blahhh now seeing Manchester is cancelling all fireworks events as well. I know I keep banging the same drum but I am getting increasingly worried. Still 75% though. Have to agree with the calls for the covid thread to return here though, it was good for news updates if nothing else. 

100%.   Edinburgh’s Hogmanay Street party, fireworks and gigs going ahead with 30000 tickets going on sale.