Rolling Chance of Glastonbury 2022 Thread

eFestivals

2 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Numerous huge festivals all happened this year. Cancelling stuff like the London new year fireworks is just incredibly dumb and has no relevance.

Its happening 

Dumb yes, but no relevance.. Sadly not. With covid cases and deaths rapidly increasing, I can absolutely see an early call cancelling glasto. 

For the record, I have a ticket. I'm desperate for it not to be the case. I'm just pointing out that 100% sure it will happen is.. a little hasty. 

29 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Dumb yes, but no relevance.. Sadly not. With covid cases and deaths rapidly increasing, I can absolutely see an early call cancelling glasto. 

For the record, I have a ticket. I'm desperate for it not to be the case. I'm just pointing out that 100% sure it will happen is.. a little hasty. 

Down With This Sort Of Thing" - NeatoShop

3 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

The deaths will be mostly among the unvaccinated and come next spring there should be a pill readily available for those suffering badly from covid which will cut the death rate by half

Some point soon we need to stop looking at new cases as covid is not going away. Instead we need to focus on hospitalisations, deaths and long covid cases and emphasise the differences between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated

We can't stay forever in some form of lockdown because unvaccinated people refuse to protect themselves and others

whilst I kind of agree ... any high background case numbers increase the risk to our NHS which not only has covid and flu to deal with it also has a massive backlog .... ok so back to chances of Glastonbury im at 98% ... I cant be at 100% with those numbers and no controls and minimal population compliance to mitigate ... unfortunately Glastonbury makes an early call ... This country has totally lost the plot ..... down to 12th in Europe on vaccination and with the highest number of cases ( relevant that the cases lead to an impact on the nhs ) although a lot less than before ..... we have a lot less ICU capacity than europe too and per capita funding .... 

1 minute ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Dangerously close to veering back into the shit thread this. All I’m gonna say on the matter is compare where we are now to where we were this time last year. 

Anyway, it took me a long time to get there, but still in the 100% camp.

Still in that optimistic camp myself.  The virus isn’t going away. This is something we are going to have to learn to live with in conjunction with the vaccinations, increased personal hygiene and public awareness.  We can’t continue cancelling events year on year. 

3 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Dangerously close to veering back into the shit thread this. All I’m gonna say on the matter is compare where we are now to where we were this time last year. 

Anyway, it took me a long time to get there, but still in the 100% camp.

I just don’t wanna go back there and converse with some in there .. apologies I’ll stick to numbers … a few of my posts went slightly off track from a percentage 

• Upvote 2

I cannot believe there is even debate in this thread. It will definitely be going ahead, apart from if a freak weather event ruins the site in the week before gates. 

The live music industry is basically back to its pre pandemic state. Green man and end of the road essentially went ahead as normal other than the need to prove a negative test or full vaccination on entry which is very little burden on customers or organisers.

People are able to travel overseas with almost no restrictions now. massive events are going ahead fully indoors. Its happening. The govt and society in general have jointly come to the conclusion that life goes on.

perhaps most importantly glastonbury needs to happen financially in 2022 or they’ll be in a heck of a pickle.

Edited by Memory Man
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I just don’t wanna go back there and converse with some in there .. apologies I’ll stick to numbers … a few of my posts went slightly off track from a percentage 

Didn’t mean it in a bad way mate, just wanted to avoid the slippery slope back to the black hole from which no joy can escape. 

Anyhow, to reiterate, 100%.

35 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s moved to the discussions forum … although it’s not got much balance anymore 

Where’s the discussion forum? I only really look at the chats, but can’t find what you mean… 

edit: don’t worry, found it. Looks fun 😬

Edited by whitehorses

12 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I agree. It would take something very serious to derail 2022 now. This is our life for the foreseeable future, co-existing with it until its effects become generally less serious. The biggest threat won't be to the festival going ahead but more on an individual basis, the fear of contracting the virus in the week leading up and needing to self-isolate. 

And I say this as somebody who is healthy, mask-wearing and double-jabbed with zero other contributory factors and currently spending my seventh consecutive day in bed, unable to stand for any more than ten minutes without getting completely exhausted for the rest of day. Plus a number of other horrible symptoms. 

The festival will go ahead, 100% but the spectre of the virus will remain.

This sounds so grim. Hope you feel better soon! 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

This sounds so grim. Hope you feel better soon! 

Thanks ZMG 😊, it is. I'm sure at some point I trivialised the virus at some stage. If I did, I was very wrong. Feels like I'm coming out the other side now but it's left me very fatigued. Others have had it much worse though. 

Anyway, my point stands. Glastonbury 2022 to go ahead: 100%. 

22 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s moved to the discussions forum … although it’s not got much balance anymore 

21 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It's basically the same four or five posters slagging off the same few scientists.

I haven't dived on in but yes, I've seen it down there. It was starting to get a bit out of wack a few months back and increasingly embrace the less helpful side. Can imagine if there is a return to restrictions that it won't be a happy place to be.

Glasto 2022? I'll say 95%. Reading and Boardmasters got to do theirs and I imagine effort will be put in to make it happen, but  I'm not quite 100% in case something happens that compromises the ability to set the thing up.

11 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Thanks ZMG 😊, it is. I'm sure at some point I trivialised the virus at some stage. If I did, I was very wrong. Feels like I'm coming out the other side now but it's left me very fatigued. Others have had it much worse though. 

Anyway, my point stands. Glastonbury 2022 to go ahead: 100%. 

Ah mate that sucks. I have to be honest, I'm dreading getting it myself having escaped it thus far. Get well soon!