Rolling Chance of Glastonbury 2022 Thread

eFestivals

• 2 weeks later...

Booster jabs really are what’s going to keep us afloat the winter months. Yeah Covid is about but I’ve noticed peoples fear towards it has taken a nosedive.

We had a positive case in the office the other day and we were just asked to do a LFT or work from home if we wanted. It was so big deal. No projects disrupted what so ever. Seems like people have learnt to live with the virus.

I’m in the 90s now.

Edited by Matt42

2 hours ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

For the same reason pride festival was cancelled.

Controlled crowds are ok but it still seems like encouraging a non ticketed gathering is too much.

2 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

The fireworks are a ticketed event it’s only £10, but it’s around 200,000 people. 

I think it’s probably because a shit tonne of people head into London to see them even without tickets. It’s not like a festival where people don’t come if they don’t have tickets (apart from a few lol).

55 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think it’s probably because a shit tonne of people head into London to see them even without tickets. It’s not like a festival where people don’t come if they don’t have tickets (apart from a few lol).

I think it’s because winter is predicted to be a shit show. It’s a shame as we did it a couple of years ago and it’s great fun. You can take your own food and booze in plush it was about 15 degrees so quite mild. 

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah this is a reason, people also gather on places like Primrose Hill and other view points and watch so it's harder to control, also apprently they said there were insurance issues if any other restrictions came into place so it has no real baring on an event 8 months away 

16 hours ago, Matt42 said:

There will always be that few, but low enough in number to avoid GFL being betwixt a rock and a hard place. 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

96 % covid rates 3rd highest in the country here … absolute disgrace … schools having to shut down year groups and move to online … we haven’t even hit nov yet 

Isn’t the south west where thousands of tests were wrongly tested as negative?  That wouldn’t have helped the statistics. 

9 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Isn’t the south west where thousands of tests were wrongly tested as negative?  That wouldn’t have helped the statistics. 

Yeah it seems to have skewed it .. but unfortunately those cases still exist … I’m just a bit nervy in terms of big groups and the numbers around them ,,, hopefully this will get better out of autumn /winter 

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yeah it seems to have skewed it .. but unfortunately those cases still exist … I’m just a bit nervy in terms of big groups and the numbers around them ,,, hopefully this will get better out of autumn /winter 

I'm with you.  Rates are over 1000/100k in Frome but mask wearing and distancing seems to be a thing of the past in most shops, pubs etc places now.

90%

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

There shouldn't be any need for this thread anymore. I officially close it with a 100%.

Inclined to agree with that. This time last year it seemed a big ask and it was so hard to envisage any big events happening. So much has changed and there’s been loads of festivals and gigs. The only way is up!

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

There shouldn't be any need for this thread anymore. I officially close it with a 100%.

I agree. It would take something very serious to derail 2022 now. This is our life for the foreseeable future, co-existing with it until its effects become generally less serious. The biggest threat won't be to the festival going ahead but more on an individual basis, the fear of contracting the virus in the week leading up and needing to self-isolate. 

And I say this as somebody who is healthy, mask-wearing and double-jabbed with zero other contributory factors and currently spending my seventh consecutive day in bed, unable to stand for any more than ten minutes without getting completely exhausted for the rest of day. Plus a number of other horrible symptoms. 

The festival will go ahead, 100% but the spectre of the virus will remain.

2 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

And I second that with my 100%,  there may be proof of vaccination or negative testing needed and increased hygiene/hand sanitising measures in place. We just need to get through this winter.