Rolling Chance of Glastonbury 2022 Thread

eFestivals

4 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Sadly I'm now down to 75%. Figures still aren't great, and all this noise around superspreading festivals has me uneasy. 

Nothing from reading and Leeds to talk of yet … see other thread so it’s just been boardmasters …. There is hope still 

99.8 % 

On 7/29/2021 at 2:40 PM, assorted said:

53%

95% - Now that Reading/Leeds other festivals have happened without the press declaring they've murdered people, I'm a lot more confident. And now that covid is being considered endemic it will never be under control, so it's a matter of how we live in the world with this as a truth. My 5% not happening is the idea that maybe Glastonbury just packs it in in this "New Normal" and does Worthy Farms and similar things but I think that's (hopefully) extremely unlikely. 

57 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

My fear is Glastonbury make so many decisions/announcements during the period when everything will start to look very dicey again (Nov-Mar).

50%

Is a worry that they need to lock things in much earlier and it’s usually in the winter periods.

20 hours ago, FakeEmpire said:

My fear is Glastonbury make so many decisions/announcements during the period when everything will start to look very dicey again (Nov-Mar).

50%

True.....but this time with far more knowledge about how things are likely to go later in the year.....plus far more of the population jabbed, and likely booster jabbed too.  We've come a long way since they last had to make such decisions.

Still....I'm remaining a little cautious at present....

87%

There will come a point where maximum vaccination levels have been reached. You’re not there yet but you will be by June, and by March (the point at which they called it for this year) I think there will be enough infrastructure in place to be able to host the festival. 

91% it’s on 
88% I’ll be able to get there

As it stands, since July I’ve done 8 ‘festivals’ (majority of those one day things so I use the term loosely), and 17 gigs already. 

For me, it’s an unequivocal 100%. Unless there’s a completely new virus there’s absolutely no chance next Spring is going to be so bad that everything that could happen this year, can’t next year.*

*saves this post ready for ridicule when I’m wrong

• Like 1