Rolling Chance of Glastonbury 2022 Thread

eFestivals

6 hours ago, kalifire said:

85% happening

75% I'll be there

Oh man I feel you - we are moving into some weird period where things are getting better but travel remains extremely complicated. I really don’t know how long it’s going to take until we can freely travel again.

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

Look if you strain your knee and have to miss out that is obviously a disaster for you but I don't think it's a big enough deal to cancel the whole thing.

I'd spotted the typo but thought I'd leave it there to see which smartarse would comment.

You've not let me down 😄

32 minutes ago, Quark said:

Gnomicide at Glastonbury or we riot

Damn right.

75%

Lots of events are going ahead successfully just now so should be good, but the virus does seem to be seasonal and winter is the time the government will be most worried about NHS being stretched, so I suppose there is a risk we have restrictions at winter and Glastonbury has to cancel due to uncertainty (only for other festivals that are later in the year to be fine).

1 minute ago, found home in 2009 said:

75%

Lots of events are going ahead successfully just now so should be good, but the virus does seem to be seasonal and winter is the time the government will be most worried about NHS being stretched, so I suppose there is a risk we have restrictions at winter and Glastonbury has to cancel due to uncertainty (only for other festivals that are later in the year to be fine).

You raise the biggest issue, Glasto has such a big build compared to other festivals and requires far more people so perhaps it's biggest USP is its downfall. Decisions will need to be made early wheras smaller ones like Latitude only officially announced they were going ahead a month before it started. Still I'm currently certain it will go ahead, especially as festivals are going ahead now as you've mentioned so - 100%