Rolling Chance of Glastonbury 2022 Thread

eFestivals

60% (up from 25%) based on:

Scotland cases coming down, and hopefully Welsh cases as well.

The decision to require vaccinations for night clubs should bump numbers up in the more reluctant.

School children vaccinations will also be a thing.

That Wales had no limit on outdoor events (i thought it would be a sliding scale but this tells me event size won’t matter as much).

September boosters may drive up protection.

The shit thread has been shut down.

The only nagging things nagging me are insurance, a possible new variant and decision needed on the build by January (winter concerns).

On 7/20/2021 at 3:54 PM, assorted said:

49% - don’t think them cancelling their September concert is a good sign for how they’ll be thinking when it’s winter, cases are up again, probably a new variant again, and they have to decide again. 

53% (but happy everyone else is very confident!)

good signs for me are UK curve going down, Ferguson’s optimism and clear rules forthcoming for mass gatherings and nightclubs.

Bad signs are CDC’s reaction to delta in the USA (i think all western countries effect each other), glasto cancelling their September event, worry mongering in the USA and UK over festivals being “super spreader events” (even by forum people here), and an ongoing obsession with transmission not hospitalizations/deaths.