Rolling Chance of Glastonbury 2022 Thread

eFestivals

96%

I reckon they'll require evidence of vaccination to be provided prior to the ticket being issued, so we can get in as per normal, with the ticket acting as proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to do this prior to a certain deadline will probably have a separate queue to line up in at each gate where evidence of vaccination can be verified manually. Maybe.

Still 99% for the festival going ahead.

But with the UK about to go tits up on July 19th, and NZ’s slow vaccine rollout out, I’m dropping my chance of being there to 60%. Travel restrictions look set to continue a while yet.

Edited by John the Moth

24 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Still 99% for the festival going ahead.

But with the UK about to go tits up on July 19th, and NZ’s slow vaccine rollout out, I’m dropping my chance of being there to 60%. Travel restrictions look set to continue a while yet.

Hope you make it. We are anxiously watching travel to NZ for the end of 2022.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Hope you make it. We are anxiously watching travel to NZ for the end of 2022.  

I’ve got family who planned to come over the end of this year, but now look like they’re going to have to make alternative plans because they can’t roll their annual leave over and don’t want to waste it sitting at home in the middle of winter.

21 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

I’ve got family who planned to come over the end of this year, but now look like they’re going to have to make alternative plans because they can’t roll their annual leave over and don’t want to waste it sitting at home in the middle of winter.

Yes we had hoped this Xmas but have now decided to wait. Still haven’t seen the Hobson ville craft beer pub!  Let’s hope you make it over for the festival 

On 7/6/2021 at 11:45 AM, assorted said:

55% - UK seems to keep being obsessed with transmission, not hospitalizations & deaths. until that changes i think glastonbury 22 is in jeopardy. if july 19th happens with (at least nearly) no more restrictions and the festivals that haven't cancelled all happen without incident or media/twitter outrage, i'll shoot up to 95%.

54% and i'm not sure i'm shooting up to 95% when tomorrow and then Reading happens. This freakout about VARIANT DELTA is worrying me, as this winter when Glastonbury has to decide once again i'm sure it'll be VARIANT GARY IT'S EVEN MORE DEADLY(ish)... hope i am wrong!

14 hours ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

30%. Really struggling to see a route to it the way things are going right now.

The events industry is about to get shunned into oblivion. It’s going to take a long time for a high capacity event to go forward without some people sat at home crying about it.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The events industry is about to get shunned into oblivion. It’s going to take a long time for a high capacity event to go forward without some people sat at home crying about it.

I don’t know about that. Events that are available seem to be selling well. People are always going to moan, especially online. I wouldn’t worry too much about that. Equally, people who don’t feel ready for stuff, just won’t go. And that’s ok. It’ll take time for some people.

Personally I’m in a smoke 'em if you got ‘em mindset, which is why I’m going Latitude.

I’m more worried about the Winter- that just seems a massive unknown right now. And it they have to make the go/no go in January again then that’ll be difficult.

8 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

I don’t know about that. Events that are available seem to be selling well. People are always going to moan, especially online. I wouldn’t worry too much about that. Equally, people who don’t feel ready for stuff, just won’t go. And that’s ok. It’ll take time for some people.

Personally I’m in a smoke 'em if you got ‘em mindset, which is why I’m going Latitude.

I’m more worried about the Winter- that just seems a massive unknown right now. And it they have to make the go/no go in January again then that’ll be difficult.

It’s not about ticket sales it’s about the media coverage and the moral virtuous public opinion taking over. It’s like we are having a reemergence of the anti-rave narrative in the 90s.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s not about ticket sales it’s about the media coverage and the moral virtuous public opinion taking over. It’s like we are having a reemergence of the anti-rave narrative in the 90s.

The ravers will win. 

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

100% (with a vaccine passport requirement)

I think they may drop the need for vaccine passport by next summer depending on boosters and how well we come into the spring. It is defo going to be in place over winter though.