Rolling Chance of Glastonbury 2022 Thread

eFestivals

20%

8 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

ouch. Why?

I’m with him. We’ve vaccinated close to 90% off the adult population with a first dose, and almost 70% with a second dose in wales yet a 25k festival in over a month hangs in the balance (you know the one) and cases are rocketing even in areas where they have been high before (surely herd immunity should be a thing by now).  Nothing I am seeing makes sense and there’s no certainty in anything which is terrible for something that needs such organisation.  We now have a virus that is insanely more transmissible than what we first had, and no doubt will increase in transmissibility again because it’s a prick. Clearly no-one in government, the media or the general public give a flying fuck about festivals so insurance is unlikely to happen.  My optimism (based on logic) has taken a pummelling I’m afraid.

Sorry.

Edited by ShakeyCrash

Latitude is literally going ahead with full (if they sell the tickets) capacity. Why would Glastonbury not happen a year later?

Even if there are still some uncertainties next summer, Glastonbury would probably end up a test event if that's still a thing. The govt are clearly prioritising the blue riband events, and there's no more blue riband festival than Glastonbury.

On 6/14/2021 at 2:34 PM, assorted said:

55%

55% - UK seems to keep being obsessed with transmission, not hospitalizations & deaths. until that changes i think glastonbury 22 is in jeopardy. if july 19th happens with (at least nearly) no more restrictions and the festivals that haven't cancelled all happen without incident or media/twitter outrage, i'll shoot up to 95%.

6 minutes ago, assorted said:

55% - UK seems to keep being obsessed with transmission, not hospitalizations & deaths. until that changes i think glastonbury 22 is in jeopardy. if july 19th happens with (at least nearly) no more restrictions and the festivals that haven't cancelled all happen without incident or media/twitter outrage, i'll shoot up to 95%.

July 19th seems to be a foregone conclusion, zombie apocalypse or not.  That's kind of why I've gone from around 70% to 90% before the date actually arrives.

@jparxcomment ref GF being a test event is a good one.  It could be the largest attended event to top things off and put Covid in UK to bed finally. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

95%

Bit uneasy about where we will be after the winter, but as others have said I think glasto will be a test event at least whatever happens.

Yes, its got a lot to do with how it all behaves over Winter and into the New Year.

100% (assuming only a covid related cancellation), there’s going to be 140k people at silverstone next weekend, so add in booster jabs and every adult will have been offered their double jab, testing etc. There’s really no reason it won’t happen. Unless there’s a major outbreak at l’attitude 

I’d be pretty worried if I was coming from overseas but I think the double jabbed line will let you off quarantine time. 

america has got pretty good jab rates so artists coming from there should be fine, and the rest of Europe will hopefully have caught up. 

20 hours ago, Hutchmaster said:

99%, the 1% is in case we get nuked before then or something.

Make that 2% for me since I live 15 miles from a nuclear sub base, that would be two tickets evaporated. Back in the pot for the resale crew! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris