Rolling Chance of Glastonbury 2022 Thread

eFestivals

On 5/4/2021 at 10:25 AM, kalifire said:

On what basis are people voting less than 90% when the momentum is clearly moving towards larger events over a year before next year’s festival? I don’t get it. 

60%

To answer this question, my low % is down to the low priority given to festivals in this country, which can be seen by the lack of any festival being offered and in turn any public pressure being forthcoming.

I don't want to put a dampener on things and by the whole have actually been positive, but the fact that have come so far yet a 14,000 person festival in September is still not certain (End of the Road) despite everything going better than expected in the past 2-3 months means more than a part of me has concerns.  

I think it's more likely to happen in 2022 than not, however they need to make a call one way or the other in January.  I suspect cancellation insurance will be required then, as it was now, and just hope that it is more forthcoming.

If this year's events go ahead, or there is a positive shift in underwriting the insurance then my % goes up, but for now it will stay as is.

Hope this helps

4 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

@ShakeyCrash tht was a very infomative reply!! Very impressed!! 
Im a 100% but then i believe in sparkles fairies and rainbows!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I have to believe it's happening! 

Thanks, i have my moments 😃 and i also believe in rainbows... is the best album since Kid A 

2 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Me and @crazyfool1def are 😉....and Emily's never going to be any different from 100% surely?

She was pretty resistant about it for 2021 until it was eventually cancelled. Michael was super bullish, but I seem to remember Emily always being "let's wait and see"

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2021 at 7:44 AM, assorted said:

46% - Boomtown cancelled, conversation has changed seamlessly from “don’t overwhelm hospitals” to “we can’t have any transmission” which seems to mean to me no lots of things until... ever? I think there’s going to have to be a lot of pressure from voters on politicians for this to change before early 2022 when Glastonbury has to decide.

65% - the above hasn't changed *that much* - like there feels a powerful section of western society that wants a "new normal" where I don't see how Glastonbury the way it was known ever happens again. Those people are currently latching on "variants" and "children" as their keywords for why June 21st shouldn't happen, but they won't ever go away. On the other hand, the music industry (in the USA and I think also UK) seems quite set for "full normal" by September. First full camping, no restrictions, over 40k, outdoor festival in the UK with no negative press afterwards and I'll shoot up to 95%.