september 2021 Glastonbury

Big durbs

2 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Just cancelled my room bookings at premier inn!! Hopefully someone can enjoy a holiday in somerset now!! 👍🏻

Just watch the prices now drop for that  weekend , we were at the Bear  Inn along in Street. There will be a lot of cancellations.  It would have been a boost for the local economy. 

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Turns out there are worse things than cancellation…

I predicted Biffy ages ago.  It looked an obvious choice. The reason we didn’t bother getting tickets for their Glasgow gig. So back to Glasgow green on probably a cold wet September Thursday  night instead of a balmy evening on the farm surrounded by Glastonbury zealots. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Just watch the prices now drop for that  weekend , we were at the Bear  Inn along in Street. There will be a lot of cancellations.  It would have been a boost for the local economy. 

I was booked in at The Cross Keys Inn in East Lydford...shame as I've been there a few times over the years and its a decent boozer and top notch food.

1 hour ago, funkychick2007 said:

Just cancelled my room bookings at premier inn!! Hopefully someone can enjoy a holiday in somerset now!! 👍🏻

I’ve decided to keep my Airbnb at Steanbow. Now there’s no gig, good weather’s guaranteed and we can hopefully wander round the farm and dream of what might have been 💭 

11 minutes ago, Mackem said:

I’ve decided to keep my Airbnb at Steanbow. Now there’s no gig, good weather’s guaranteed and we can hopefully wander round the farm and dream of what might have been 💭 

Is that the loft one at silver haze?

if so we stayed last year and it’s a lovely place and they are so friendly. Shame the weather was a bit rubbish. 

1 minute ago, dotdash79 said:

Is that the loft one at silver haze?

if so we stayed last year and it’s a lovely place and they are so friendly. Shame the weather was a bit rubbish. 

It is. Glad to hear it - I only chose it on location. Shame it’s not free next June 😉 

4 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

Cancelled ours as well, I suspect they have gone from fully booked to empty in hours . On the upside, we are off to the free Manics gig for the NHS workers on the Sunday, so it would have been a busy weekend ( in a good way )

1 hour ago, funkychick2007 said:

Somerset is lovely place I hope people come and spend a weekend here anyway!! I had only booked rooms as I may not have been able to drive at tht point!! I only live 20 to 30mins away!! 

I will second that, and anyone going to Worthy pastures will see that for themselves.  Even if you just walk from the town to the Tor, climb to the top and just drink in the view.   

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...