september 2021 Glastonbury

Big durbs

1 minute ago, august1 said:

I just think the covid risks were too high and it not being the money spinner they initially thought possible in terms of getting people of the farm/laying coaches on etc, guaranteeing ticket sales. 

Festivals happening around then still … just timing thing for me .. not sold 1 ticket yet … something happened recently to change minds … the lawyer even mentioned it yesterday … we’ve known the covid numbers will rise for quite a while now … so surely if that was the reason it would have been pulled then … just realised I’ve disagreed with my earlier post … ah well 😊

Its probably a general combination of timing and covid. And putting on worthy pastures too. I wondered about Pilton party as they've been clear to separate them... And that wouldn't take much set up 🤞 annoyingly I bumped into Michael last week and didn't ask anything about sept, not that would've told me! 

Just now, Barney McGrew said:

I don't know, Pilton Party's routine.

In normal circumstances I'd agree but there's so many other moving parts outside of their control atm. They have Worthy Pastures and the Van Morrison car crash to organise already. I'd be surprised if they give themselves any further headaches 

Oh ffs , just cancelled my hotel 😞 

we may still get a pilton party, but they have not run a battle of the bands for the traditional new acts supporting artists. 

Still . PP us a very much smaller gig, licence all ready in place ect , from memory it’s a 4 or 8 k event , so could still happen in the eleventh hour . Last time tickets went on sale in August ( same day as Glasto abbey extravaganza) 

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Think it’s been clear for a while now that this was how it was going to end.

It hasn’t if u read that at the end of last week they sent an email out about a trial thing to volunteers … it’s been pulled in the last 24 hours I’d say … even if to outside it was becoming increasingly difficult